News Sando on the couch Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

It did seem short, but then again his answers were short and to the point.There is no "umming and ahhing" when he talks so it does not feel like a long drawn out interview, like another coach I can think of in SA.

Probably because Sando actually has some answers to give, Geoff!! :D

You're right there about the quality of his answers. He actually disarms the interviewer because he actually answers the question asked, and it appears to be short because he knows what he's going to say - the truth.

I thought he was outstanding last night, not just because of the quality of his comments, but also his relaxed manner which instils confidence that this man knows what he's talking about.

And he does!! :thumbsu:

Have to say that I was very disappointed with AFL360 tonight. Adelaide didnt even rate a mention for their effort on the weekend and this is a team that is sitting 2nd on the ladder.

Hawthorn and Collingwood are flag favourites. They've only just started to see Sydney as a legitimate threat. Adelaide is there purely because of the "soft" draw (just ask Derwayne). And to be honest, we have had a soft draw. The next four weeks will tell us where we really sit. Win 2-3 of those games, then we'll get noticed.

The next four weeks will tell us where we really sit. Win 2-3 of those games, then we'll get noticed.

Haha, don't bet on it. We heard this after round 5 as well. Then we knocked off Sydney, Geelong, Carlton (who were considered good at the time) and went close against Collingwood. Not much changed.
Fine by me ;)

I'd be quite happy to cruise along under the radar and keep the expectation to a minimum.
We don't play the favorite as well as we do the underdog. Recognition is nice for the team but lets keep that until the end of season when its more appropriate and in the meantime let someone else bear the weight of expectation.

Have to say that I was very disappointed with AFL360 tonight. Adelaide didnt even rate a mention for their effort on the weekend and this is a team that is sitting 2nd on the ladder.

to be fair, 360 usually focuses on the unexpected, which is "club x in crisis" or the MRP controversy of the week. this Monday it was Richmond's colossal collapse, Judd's brain fade and the Geelong/Boak meeting. Sydney are top and they barely got a mention.

us beating GWS was expected by everyone, therefore its not news.

Hawthorn and Collingwood are flag favourites. They've only just started to see Sydney as a legitimate threat. Adelaide is there purely because of the "soft" draw (just ask Derwayne). And to be honest, we have had a soft draw. The next four weeks will tell us where we really sit. Win 2-3 of those games, then we'll get noticed.

yes, we have a soft draw but people need to remember that adelaide finish 14th with 7 wins in 2011 and we lost games to brisbane and port adelaide who finish below us with 4 and 3 wins respectively.

just have a look at west coast last year finish inside the top 4 but had a soft draw their played 4 teams outisde top eight twice and one finals team essendon who finished 8 and scrap in.

Port adelaide- 17th with 3 wins
melbourne- 13th with 8 and half wins
bulldogs- 10th with 9 wins
fremantle- 11th with 9 wins
Essendon- 8th with 11 wins

Remove this Banner Ad

News Sando on the couch Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back