Analysis Why pick 4 is the most important selection the club will have in the next decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no doubt we will do fine with the pick.

The bigger issue is, we need to actually develop the kid properly. None of this messing him around for years on end, playing him mostly as a high forward, or making him the sub constantly, or playing him out of position in the SANFL. Get him in with a very clear eye towards locking him in our starting midfield as soon as possible.
Hopefully Murray Davis is the voice of reason that allows this to happen. Seen it first-hand with Ashcroft at Brisbane.

If Draper is there at pick 4 we have to take him.. if we don't and we pick another interstate lad the club will cop backlash.
So you're suggesting taking the local product even if the recruiting team rate the "other" player's talent base superior?

Would that be the Dangerfield vs Ebert type backlash?

So you're suggesting taking the local product even if the recruiting team rate the "other" player's talent base superior?

Would that be the Dangerfield vs Ebert type backlash?
i just dont think the club can take another hit so soon after the McAsey saga plus im pretty confident from what i have heard and watched that Draper is very talented an dwhat we need.

(semi) controversial opinion

We take Draper and everyone is ecstatic on draft night

He turns out to be a good player , B grade to B+ only though due to lack of composure with ball in hand and kick

He still becomes a decent foundation to work around due to his high work rate and speed / agility/ endurance but the search still goes on for that elusive A grade mid

I have no doubt we will do fine with the pick.

The bigger issue is, we need to actually develop the kid properly. None of this messing him around for years on end, playing him mostly as a high forward, or making him the sub constantly, or playing him out of position in the SANFL. Get him in with a very clear eye towards locking him in our starting midfield as soon as possible.
That's crazy talk!

(semi) controversial opinion

We take Draper and everyone is ecstatic on draft night

He turns out to be a good player , B grade to B+ only though due to lack of composure with ball in hand and kick

He still becomes a decent foundation to work around due to his high work rate and speed / agility/ endurance but the search still goes on for that elusive A grade mid
I don’t see him ever being an A+ player, but a lot will depend on how much he’s able to accumulate the ball

If he’s able to get the ball 28-30 times a game and often hit it at speed, I think he’d be dynamic enough to be considered A-grade, at least

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Why pick 4 is the most important selection the club will have in the next decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back