Game Day SANFL Preliminary Final - Crows vs Glenelg (3.15pm @ Adelaide Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time I see Hamill his disposal by foot is elite, he just needs more of the ball

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The word is - his underage year was similar to this. Then he added a more attacking side to his game in the TAC.

I think he's showing good game sense, and he'll keep growing his attacking side next year.

If there was any doubt Pyke wasn't up to it, watching some of these players removes any doubt.

How in the hell didn't he select Fog, Jones and Stengle for more games. How in the hell didnt McAdam get a run.

What a waste 2019 was, but we got 9 more games into Dougie, 22 more into MacKay and 20 into Eddie.

Scholl, McHenry and McAdam will all be in our round 1 team in the AFL. Jones and Fogarty too.
Galluci? Unclear.
Trading Laird makes sense right now.
Trading Lynch makes even more sense if we could get Lukosius.

Nah, Gallucci is clear. Get him in the AFL side. He seems to be the type who responds better to the step up, and should not have been even considered for the axe when it happens. Would start him in our midfield round 1.

Yes to the second bolded point. Especially with Fogarty showing that there is some serious potential of going into the middle which removes one of my biggest doubt points of getting Luko.

The word is - his underage year was similar to this. Then he added a more attacking side to his game in the TAC.

I think he's showing good game sense, and he'll keep growing his attacking side next year.

Also the other factor is he'll fill out next season. Hamill is pretty hard at it so gaining another 5-6 kgs could turn that into a real weapon.

Could take Atkins spot (with a shuffle) very quickly next season if he has a solid preseason. Kid has it.

Scholl and Hamill are the guys we can build a more attacking game from now Pykes gone. Both good by foot, that can take those risky kicks.

If there was any doubt Pyke wasn't up to it, watching some of these players removes any doubt.

How in the hell didn't he select Fog, Jones and Stengle for more games. How in the hell didnt McAdam get a run.

What a waste 2019 was, but we got 9 more games into Dougie, 22 more into MacKay and 20 into Eddie.
Could anyone give us a score. I'm out here in the desert working, with no TV or decent radio, so score updates would be much appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I hear right - eight teenagers playing for us today? That seems enormously high?

Kerley was just on pushing no aflers in sanfl bullshit. Reckons Glenelg should get thumped because of our players paid more, trained better.

Yet we have no home ground to fall Back on, next to no supporter base, playing eight teenagers and 4 amutuers who can't get reserve games.

I use to like Kerley I remember 7 let him. Ommontate one day in 96 when we played Essendon away. Kerley brought up the fact everyone we play in Victoria the umpires ream us, all of a sudden it went to Commercial and Kerley was no longer part of the broadcast

Need to find a good explanation as to how he got drafted as low as the 60s. At worst he looks like a solid top 35 pick.

I'm going to guess it has something to do with not being strong with contested football, and little chance of being anything more than a half back flank. Or he's the type that clicks when on an AFL list.

On Hamill,

I really wouldn't mind playing him in Brown's role for periods next year. Move Brown into a slightly more attacking role and Hamill can focus on defending at AFL level without too much concern about rebound.

Could be a very interesting year developing Scholl and Hamill through 10 or so games each.

Could anyone give us a score. I'm out here in the desert working, with no TV or decent radio, so score updates would be much appreciated.
We are 8 points up, we're 4 goals down half way into first quarter

Wilson getting lots of ball, Fogarty having touches and hand balls that leads to goals in critical times.

General though, our skill level poor. Just work rate keeping is in game as it has all year

Don't think McHenry has had a great game tbh. Real ferocious at the player and has stuck some real good tackles but has also missed a few and gone in too hard at other times where the ball has spilled out to glenelg players on the outside. Needs to be a bit smarter.

FOG is showing that he's not an old school dinosaur forward. Huge amount of talent there. Really smart footballer.

Great to have some foot skills and composure coming through in Scholl and Hamill.

Strachan has impressed me. Not sure he's mobile enough to make it but he's pretty physical and has a crack.

Poholke is a good sanfl player.

Jones has a better 2nd qtr but an average game overall. Seems very green still but you get glimpses every now and then. Laid a massive tackle in the 2nd.

Few of the boys need some size and/or fitness over the summer, but should be pushing hard for the seniors next year (McHenry, Scholl, Stengle and Macadam). Think Gooch, Jones and FOG will be regulars.

We are 8 points up, we're 4 goals down half way into first quarter

Wilson getting lots of ball, Fogarty having touches and hand balls that leads to goals in critical times.

General though, our skill level poor. Just work rate keeping is in game as it has all year

I'd say the skill level has been pretty good generally especially early when we we're getting smashed at the clearances.

On Hamill,

I really wouldn't mind playing him in Brown's role for periods next year. Move Brown into a slightly more attacking role and Hamill can focus on defending at AFL level without too much concern about rebound.

Could be a very interesting year developing Scholl and Hamill through 10 or so games each.

I like Hamill, but he is reeeaally skinny. Does not have the strength to play that role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day SANFL Preliminary Final - Crows vs Glenelg (3.15pm @ Adelaide Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back