Game Day Saturday, March 25 - R1 v Essendon @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he drops marks with no opposition in 20m of him. He turns the ball over and basically burns my eyes everytime I watch him play
Very obvious we are never gonna see thru the same eyes, no surprise I love Gaz. Have liked Rischa, Hall, Davis, Harbs & Mal (who once again owes a couple) apart from those previously named.

Good to see Jesse back out there, scared that Maysie was sore.

.... Interesting game. GAJ didnt sound overly happy in the post-match. Cant say I disagree with him. First half was very good. Second half was bang average. Quite a few players will be looking over their shoulders with hopefully minimal injuries in the NEAFL game and some boys putting their hands up for selection. But it just feels good to win, and win well at that!

Last edited:
Game 1 there's going to be rust everywhere
Was definitely a danger match
Pleased with that
Lemmens did nothing to solve the "why was he picked ?" poser
Jesse Lonergan fast becoming a favourite
Gee - Lynch getting reported for that spoil :confused:
Was a tough call- but now he has to front MRP Loto:rolleyes:
With our luck 2 matches
Sam Day watch - he was okay

Dropping everything that's come his way..
Much better as a third defender where he wouldn't need to mark :D

You know I have your back Ben.

He (Sam Day) is probably a better mark than 3/4 of the team. Has he lived up to his potential, no. Does not mean he will not.

Cl]

You know I have your back Ben.

He (Sam Day) is probably a better mark than 3/4 of the team. Has he lived up to his potential, no. Does not mean he will not.

Generally your right.. But for him to keep his spot above Wright who kicked more goals and marked everything pre season..
Showed zero first half.. Against a VFL defence..
Before a spray from Rocket seemed to give some some extra aggression.
I have no problem with him getting his marking skills back in the seconds..
He did manage to somehow get 2 goals so obviously he'll keep his spot till wright kicks a bag of 8

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clay Cameron okay but probably didn't do enough to get selection for next week. He seemed to mostly play wing, which was a little odd. He seemed to drift between half-back and high half-forward when needed. 15 disposals, 7 marks, 3 tackles, 3 one-percenters, zero clangers, (thank god) a clearance and a goal assist. No marks inside 50. Kind of average, but at least better than Lemmens. I'm not sure what role Rocket wants Cameron to play.

Our speed is our biggest asset in my opinion. Rocket wants runners and plenty of them. We just need to improve our disposal efficiency & our inside 50's to goal ratio and we will really trouble the top sides.

It was always a danger game with lots of unknowns. We ended up with a 10 goal win (should have been easily 15 if we kicked straight).

Minimal injuries. Saady maybe a strain on his dodgey groin. Rosa slight calf niggle but looks ok. GAZ & Meatballs unbelievable games with no pre-season matches.

A few guys in the ressies pushing for selection (Wright, Grant, Russell, Willis, Currie) and Kolo back in.

Good cobweb blow out from the boys. Settles their nerves. Cracking start to the season. Great crowd. Awesome atmosphere :thumbsu:

Totally unconvincing imo. Error ridden handball-fest (more often that not, one too many!). I'm actually interested if anyone can provide a description of the first 8 minutes of the 3rd qrt - wtf was that? Horrid.

What the hell was that and where has it been?!

We linked through hands and used our actual speed and picked out targets inside 50! Very rarely did we bomb it long to outnumbered contests. We tried to hit the leading forward which was an absolute delight.

The second half was atrocious, though it could be a lack of stamina needed to play that game style combined with the heat, or being up by so much. The boys have very very rarely been in that situation before and it showed. They definitely eased up and started to try and execute ridiculously low percentage plays. That will come with experience.

Malceski, Cameron and Sexton all in trouble and looked pretty average IMO.

Is KK alright? Will he play next week?

Have to give credit, Hall was outstanding tonight. He and Lonergan are really rising to the next level.

Ablett and Prestia, you wouldn't even know they haven't played.

What the hell was that and where has it been?!

We linked through hands and used our actual speed and picked out targets inside 50! Very rarely did we bomb it long to outnumbered contests. We tried to hit the leading forward which was an absolute delight.

The second half was atrocious, though it could be a lack of stamina needed to play that game style combined with the heat, or being up by so much. The boys have very very rarely been in that situation before and it showed. They definitely eased up and started to try and execute ridiculously low percentage plays. That will come with experience.

Malceski, Cameron and Sexton all in trouble and looked pretty average IMO.

Is KK alright? Will he play next week?

Have to give credit, Hall was outstanding tonight. He and Lonergan are really rising to the next level.

Ablett and Prestia, you wouldn't even know they haven't played.

I thought Malceski was ok live. But have not watched the replay yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back