Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In trying to correct some of the errors I made last year, I've gone for a riskier midfield than I usually would. I like my midfield, but it's the engine room of a good SC team and I worry that I don't have enough fire power, even though I highly rate these kids! I usually sell out on rucks, which has hurt me in the past so I've gone for gold and hope that these two can average 90+ and stay on the park. I had Jarryn Geary in my backline, but it felt a bit exposed, so I went with my gut and brought in James Kelly (who I still think is a POD, and I fancied getting him in there a month ago when SC opened). I ditched Macrae, despite the fact I think he can still dominate in a Griffin/Libba-less midfield. I want 3 out of Wines, Steven, Crouch and Neale, but I'm torn on which way to go. I'm going to wait out the rest of the NAB and see how Crouch and Neale go in the coming games.

Does anyone think Wines has the scoring ability of some of the guys around his price? I had Boak last year, so I was noticing Wines' name a lot when I was looking at the scoring, but when someone like Ryan Griffin is sitting right there, it makes me second guess. ANYWAY, this is my side. Thoughts?

View attachment 114686 View attachment 114687

How can you be called On The Goey and not even have him in your team? #Gooey4Degoey Morganashlee

Not a great deal of team balance here BUT plenty of high ceilings.
Clutching at straws thinking all my defenders will get named round 1 but if they do i'd roll with a defence like this.
Dont like the chances of Kreuzer getting up round 1 either.
Think i may have to drop griffen to upgrade kreuzer.
Don't really want to downgrade my f1,f2,f3 as these blokes have the potential to score as good as most premium midfielders.
Added Bartel when i heard he'll be playing more midfield this year.
Thoughts/Advice cheers

Not a great deal of team balance here BUT plenty of high ceilings.
Clutching at straws thinking all my defenders will get named round 1 but if they do i'd roll with a defence like this.
Dont like the chances of Kreuzer getting up round 1 either.
Think i may have to drop griffen to upgrade kreuzer.
Don't really want to downgrade my f1,f2,f3 as these blokes have the potential to score as good as most premium midfielders.
Added Bartel when i heard he'll be playing more midfield this year.
Thoughts/Advice cheers

Whitex and kreuzer wont play rd1

upload_2015-3-9_10-44-9.png

Its obvious i'm playing the mid price defence game this year... been flicking through the prospectus, jock's bible, and watched all the intra and nab games and very confident all of them will have a fairly good start to the season appreciating in price.

Love my POD's in Haynes and Hampton. Haynes only needed the 12 kicks to get 121! 87% DE, 9 marks 75% game time. Was 3rd in metres gained and 4th in intercept possessions in the league (defenders) last year before going down with injury. So it's not surprising to see a score like this.

With Patfull taking the next best tall this year, he'll be loose off half back taking marks left right and centre from opposition kicks. Only in .28% of teams @ 383k just begging to be picked with the giants early draw he'll get his BE of 65 fairly comfortably IMO..

Pretty much the same case for Hampton. Was on fire until he went down with injury.. Out with the old in with new SC relevent defenders that's for sure.

It's something different? The back line is certainly the place to take the risks this year. Not a fan of any of the premiums defenders. Every year they fall in price without fail. A lesson learn't from previous years.

Love my mids this year... tried going POD mids last year and it doesn't work.. predicting my top 6 will be in the top 10 come finals.
Would love to fit newton in somewhere but cant find the cash.

Going Kelly instead of mitchell as another point of difference.

Bit worried about NicNat match practice.. may have to upgrade to Sandi if he doesn't get on the park.

Last edited:
DEF: Shaw, Hodge, Murphy, Newnes, Smedts, Goddard (Hamling, Rainbow)

MID: Ablett, Fyfe, Selwood, Cotchin, Wines, Heeney, Boekhurst, Laverde (Freeman, Lambert, Vandenberg)

Ruck: Maric, Luenberger (Read)

FWD: Goddard, Deledio, Franklin, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Lamb, Krakeour)

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you get the full field loaded onto a post? Is it just screen shot or some other little trick?

upload_2015-3-9_11-21-20.png

upload_2015-3-9_11-26-35.png

What do people think. Version A or Version B?

I think Wallis and Bontempelli will both be good value. But feel getting in an extra quality mid in Selwood gives B the edge at the end of the year.

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-9_11-19-18.png
    upload_2015-3-9_11-19-18.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 4
Plus Cripps over Lang gives some more job security.

DEF: Shaw, Hodge, Murphy, Newnes, Smedts, Goddard (Hamling, Rainbow)

MID: Ablett, Fyfe, Selwood, Cotchin, Wines, Heeney, Boekhurst, Laverde (Freeman, Lambert, Vandenberg)

Ruck: Maric, Luenberger (Read)

FWD: Goddard, Deledio, Franklin, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Lamb, Krakeour)

Thoughts?
Not sure all the mid rookies will play straight up. In saying that. You will probably have at least 3 playing each week which will give you enough on the field. Also not sold on Leuenbergers role after the first few weeks. NAB 3 vs Gold Coast should see the Lions play their round 1 team and give us a bit more of an idea exactly how he'll be used.

I think reasonable overall structure. Seem to have a good mix of rookies, premos and mid pricers. Think Steph Martin will drop in price given he will now be sharing a role with Berger. You could save money there and go cheaper eg. Natainui or swap for Goldstein / Maric who will play a solo role and score a bit better. Would also consider putting one of Lambert / Krakouer in the midfield so can make better use of DPP. I recognise C. Beams DPP (could be a great pick as looks like may play half back) but think its handier to have one of your bench players able to swap.

I think reasonable overall structure. Seem to have a good mix of rookies, premos and mid pricers. Think Steph Martin will drop in price given he will now be sharing a role with Berger. You could save money there and go cheaper eg. Natainui or swap for Goldstein / Maric who will play a solo role and score a bit better. Would also consider putting one of Lambert / Krakouer in the midfield so can make better use of DPP. I recognise C. Beams DPP (could be a great pick as looks like may play half back) but think its handier to have one of your bench players able to swap.

Sweet, thanks. Agree 100% about Martin now that you have pointed it out. Will switch Krak and Amon, probably remove Coloqhoun and buy him back when he gets a game (kid racks up the disposals off half back!)

Not sure all the mid rookies will play straight up. In saying that. You will probably have at least 3 playing each week which will give you enough on the field. Also not sold on Leuenbergers role after the first few weeks. NAB 3 vs Gold Coast should see the Lions play their round 1 team and give us a bit more of an idea exactly how he'll be used.

Don't think he will be the main ruck? worried about Martin being ahead of him?

View attachment 114699

View attachment 114700

What do people think. Version A or Version B?

I think Wallis and Bontempelli will both be good value. But feel getting in an extra quality mid in Selwood gives B the edge at the end of the year.

Shepphard and Wallis, could be nice POD's (I have my doubts though). With our lack of midfield depth he may not have his tagging role so much, he's still a big risk at that price, would be surprised if he averages more than 95 for mine. Bontempelli is more of a calculated risk (even if he is 2nd year which scares a few off), especially in the forwards I don't mind that selection. Sheppard, haven't a clue about him. 3 rookie forwards in interesting. On balance I probably prefer team B, not by much though.

Don't think he will be the main ruck? worried about Martin being ahead of him?

I just think they will job share. Did you see the Sydney Brisbane match? Martin looked great, carrying on from 2014. Luey spent a fair bit of time forward where he rucked well setting up f50 chances but didn't have much of an impact as pure forward.

Anyone got any idea what Haynes would have to average for him to make around 70-100k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back