Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? ...he holds the world record SC score of 300+
He's gotta get upgraded first. on the GC forum they are of the view that there are no vacant spots on the senior list. only going off what they are saying though.

He's gotta get upgraded first. on the GC forum they are of the view that there are no vacant spots on the senior list. only going off what they are saying though.

If he's upgraded and selected for Rd 1 no doubt I and 70%+ of other SC's will have him at D7-D8 possibly D6 ahead of a 1st year rookie. If not, we all look elsewhere for the cheapest bargain basement Def rookie selected for Rd1.

If he's upgraded and selected for Rd 1 no doubt I and 70%+ of other SC's will have him at D7-D8 possibly D6 ahead of a 1st year rookie. If not, we all look elsewhere for the cheapest bargain basement Def rookie selected for Rd1.

Exactly.

Nothing is going to change, we will do what we do every year when round 1 teams are named and our rookies arent there. PANIC!

Looking at two different structures..

OLD TEAM

B: Kelly, Fisher, Newnes, PEARCE, BROWN, Goddard (Saad, Hamling)
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, WARD, WINES, Newton, Anderson, Lambert (Heeney, Boekhurst, Vandenberg)
R: GOLDSTEIN, Natanui (Read)
F: Bartel, GODDARD, Martin, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Karnezis, Lamb)

NEW TEAM

B: SIMPSON, SMITH, Kelly, Fisher, Newnes, Goddard (Saad, Hamling)
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, GRIFFEN, A.SWALLOW, Newton, Anderson, Lambert (Heeney, Boekhurst, Vandenberg)
R: MARIC, Natanui (Read)
F: Bartel, Martin, Swan, Clark, Hogan, LONIE (Karnezis, Lamb)

So a 3-5-2-4 team with Pearce or a 5-5-2-3 team

Pearce (80), Brown (50), Ward (115), Wines (110), Goldstein (110), Goddard (105) vs Simpson (95), Smith (95), Griffen (115), Swallow (115), Maric (100), Lonie (60)

570 vs 580

Pretty even but I think the fact I am getting more keepers and moving my rookie focus to the fwd line makes it an upgrade.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind tmitch and swan if you reckon they'll both kill it but I'm not a fan of 200kish players. Jed Anderson if he is named rd 1 maybe and bank the remaining

I've got a handful of players at right on 200k. My thinking is that if they aren't named round one I'll swap them out for a cheaper player who is and if they don't preform as well as some of the cheaper options I'll be happy to make that trade plus some extra cash. Hoping the ones I picked have a good year though! :)

image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg This is purely a Shits n giggles beer team with players in the 400k club (Walters the exception) & only 3 rookies starting.....and yes! There's enough money left over to go to Europe twice (82k)!!

Last edited:
Promised myself I wasn't going to post my team here, but since I'm not in any BF comps this year and I'm definitely not taking home 50k, I could probably use some advice. I've tried to come at it from a different angle this year, I generally pick the same guys and have the same tactics.

Strongly considering Lachie Neale, but not sure how to get him in if at all.

View attachment 114311 View attachment 114312
If you really want Neale in, I'd straight swap for Macrae. Tag might be an issue for Jackson with Libba down for the season

If you really want Neale in, I'd straight swap for Macrae. Tag might be an issue for Jackson with Libba down for the season
I actually did make that move Pedro haha. But thanks for making me more confident that I made the right move haha

In trying to correct some of the errors I made last year, I've gone for a riskier midfield than I usually would. I like my midfield, but it's the engine room of a good SC team and I worry that I don't have enough fire power, even though I highly rate these kids! I usually sell out on rucks, which has hurt me in the past so I've gone for gold and hope that these two can average 90+ and stay on the park. I had Jarryn Geary in my backline, but it felt a bit exposed, so I went with my gut and brought in James Kelly (who I still think is a POD, and I fancied getting him in there a month ago when SC opened). I ditched Macrae, despite the fact I think he can still dominate in a Griffin/Libba-less midfield. I want 3 out of Wines, Steven, Crouch and Neale, but I'm torn on which way to go. I'm going to wait out the rest of the NAB and see how Crouch and Neale go in the coming games.

Does anyone think Wines has the scoring ability of some of the guys around his price? I had Boak last year, so I was noticing Wines' name a lot when I was looking at the scoring, but when someone like Ryan Griffin is sitting right there, it makes me second guess. ANYWAY, this is my side. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 9.17.07 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 9.24.32 AM.png

In trying to correct some of the errors I made last year, I've gone for a riskier midfield than I usually would. I like my midfield, but it's the engine room of a good SC team and I worry that I don't have enough fire power, even though I highly rate these kids! I usually sell out on rucks, which has hurt me in the past so I've gone for gold and hope that these two can average 90+ and stay on the park. I had Jarryn Geary in my backline, but it felt a bit exposed, so I went with my gut and brought in James Kelly (who I still think is a POD, and I fancied getting him in there a month ago when SC opened). I ditched Macrae, despite the fact I think he can still dominate in a Griffin/Libba-less midfield. I want 3 out of Wines, Steven, Crouch and Neale, but I'm torn on which way to go. I'm going to wait out the rest of the NAB and see how Crouch and Neale go in the coming games.

Does anyone think Wines has the scoring ability of some of the guys around his price? I had Boak last year, so I was noticing Wines' name a lot when I was looking at the scoring, but when someone like Ryan Griffin is sitting right there, it makes me second guess. ANYWAY, this is my side. Thoughts?

View attachment 114686 View attachment 114687

Like it quite a bit. I have a similar structure. Not too sure About having both neale and steven in the mids tho. You're betting that both of them will be top 10 in the mids or else they are just a stepping stone mid pricer. I think one maybe ok. Can you use your remaining cash to upgrade one of them to someone you think will be a keeper (if you don't think they both will be)?

Like it quite a bit. I have a similar structure. Not too sure About having both neale and steven in the mids tho. You're betting that both of them will be top 10 in the mids or else they are just a stepping stone mid pricer. I think one maybe ok. Can you use your remaining cash to upgrade one of them to someone you think will be a keeper (if you don't think they both will be)?
Yeah potentially, but if I upgraded Neale or Steven, then it'd only be to someone like Crouch. Which leaves me in the same predicament of whether or not they're a stepping stone or banking on them becoming next level.

Yeah potentially, but if I upgraded Neale or Steven, then it'd only be to someone like Crouch. Which leaves me in the same predicament of whether or not they're a stepping stone or banking on them becoming next level.

Drop newnes the great white hope of 2015 to a 350k odd defender and upgrade neale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back