Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you figure? He's an outside link up player. Missing our 3 best inside mids (Judd, Murph & Squibbs) means that our outside runners see less of the ball, not more. When Curnow is your best inside mid in a game, everyone else is going to struggle getting their hands on the ball.
You serious? The guys playing his first game and you would think he would be wanting to impress so if I were him I would be trying to get into the thick of it and try to win your own ball and make a statement not hanging back trying to look pretty linking up while others get the hard ball

You serious? The guys playing his first game and you would think he would be wanting to impress so if I were him I would be trying to get into the thick of it and try to win your own ball and make a statement not hanging back trying to look pretty linking up while others get the hard ball

So what your saying is....

Stuff the coach and coaches and the direct team instructions and my role in those team instructions and i should just chase leather so i look good???

So what your saying is....

Stuff the coach and coaches and the direct team instructions and my role in those team instructions and i should just chase leather so i look good???

This ^ he wasn't recruited to win inside ball. Anyone who watched Carlton at all last year would know that we really lacked outside runners with pace & precision kicking skills.

Reactionary NAB midprice madness team. Won't be my final one, just playing around with what the past 24-48 hrs has thrown at us (McKenzie, Libba etc). Also featuring burnman Karnezis. :thumbsu:

$79,800 left over.

View attachment 112795
Like the Wallis pick. I'd get rid of Mcgovern and one of Ibbo/Langdon and upgrade a mid rookie to a premium

Screen Shot 2015-03-01 at 11.11.38 AM.png
Got 270k in the bank. Got a few options. Upgrading Leuey to Goldstein, upgrading fwd rookie to Bellchambers, downgrading Fyfe to S Mitchell and Boekhurst to Crouch, Upgrading Newnes and Henderson to 2 premos (likely Simpson and Hodge/Hurn)
Thoughts?

View attachment 112861
Got 270k in the bank. Got a few options. Upgrading Leuey to Goldstein, upgrading fwd rookie to Bellchambers, downgrading Fyfe to S Mitchell and Boekhurst to Crouch, Upgrading Newnes and Henderson to 2 premos (likely Simpson and Hodge/Hurn)
Thoughts?
You're going to have problems with your backline rookies, at this stage it doesn't look like there will be 4 playing defender rookies at round 1 let alone two that will be startable.

I made this Cookie Cutter team using SC Gold "coaches choice" only selecting the most popular owned players % wise in each position, as of today. Premo's, mid pricers & rookies. As you can see no POD's. 111k still in the bank. Could replace vanBerlo with Rich (was also very popular) but about 20k short..but for the sake of the exercise this would be just about the most "vanilla" team going around ATM.

Vanilla.JPG

Content with my team changes...but i have 533k left.

I know i must spend it but i like my structure atm :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 112861
Thoughts?

Pretty good I'd have thought. As with all our teams probably need to look at spending a little extra in the backline. Obviously Hibberd is a wait-and-see for ASADA and Birchall you make your mind up with NAB Cup stuff, but both will be excellent picks when on the park. It's the bottom 5 or so you want to look at. Otherwise fairly solid team with a couple of POD's but no 'real risks' like a Higgins etc.

Untitled.png

Big things for me:
Will look to get Cripps or Van Berlo in I think depending on the midfield rookies.

Gray and Jacobs are very expensive but for the structure I had I could afford them

Newnes v McKenzie v Docherty - pick 2

Sutcliffe v Savage - pick 1

Lynch v Mitchell

I can swing a few changes around depending on pre-season form and hopefully if either Cripps or Van Berlo look really good (80+) then I could drum up the 60k required to ensure he's in my side (almost as easy as going Jacobs -> downgrade, likely Jacobs won't maintain that price surely)

8a764c418332683047b8b06319da13b7.png

Thoughts on this? Thinking the lack of backline rookies will cause problems though.

I'd have no confidence in picking Luey, can't see him averaging over 80 with Martin around.

View attachment 112929
Happy to take the risk with Luey, the last 2 years he's had full years he's averaged 100.
Backline is shit.
Go another rookie in the mids and fix up your backline a bit maybe? Can't see there being enough quality rookies in the backline, especially if WhiteX doesn't play rd1

Screenshot_2015-03-01-16-14-50.png Screenshot_2015-03-01-16-15-03.png
I've gone cheap up forward, but feel like you can afford to with Swan and Titch so cheap. Might have spent too much down back but I don't really want to start more than one rookie back there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back