Teams SC 2015 - My team (Post NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice team! Yeah I'm a big fan of Sheed too.:):thumbsu:

I'm a big wrap for sheed too, I think he'll have a good year.
I've had he, VanBerlo and Cripps in my side up until yesterday (haven't considered Newtown)

But I just think at their prices, they are all a risk of not making enough money.

If they average 70, they'll only make ~130k. which is ok- but cashing in cows for only ok returns killed me last year.

Obviously if they average 80+ they will make 200k and be good pickups.

So in short, I've decided to just go with Cripps who I think will score better than Sheed and the rest at that price.

I've had he, VanBerlo and Cripps in my side up until yesterday (haven't considered Newtown)

But I just think at their prices, they are all a risk of not making enough money.

If they average 70, they'll only make ~130k. which is ok- but cashing in cows for only ok returns killed me last year.

So in short, I've decided to just go with Cripps who I think will score better than Sheed and the rest at that price.
I like Sheed as a player however the one thing that has me concerned is the fact that despite collecting a decent amount of the pill (20+ possessions) in the NAB games, he didn't convert scores of 70s to 90s. I'm not sure why, possibly because he is still playing a fair bit of an outside role.

If the likes of Vandenberg, Anderson et al. aren't named for round 1, going with two of these $200k types might be a requirement.

Without knowing too much, I don't mind it. How much money have you got left? I'd look at trading out Maynard from your backline and I don't think Freeman will play Round 1 either. Kamdyn Mcintosh is likely to play a chunk of the season for Richmond, he's a backman. Have you got anyone in line for if Bellchambers is suspended? I like the look of the forward line. Will Steele play? And your mids are good too... even though you don't have Ablett! Haha
Not too much to agonize over here, looks good.
Got a back up plan if TBC doesn't play?
Also, Wines and Neale could both be great picks, but if they both stagnate this year your mids are pretty much stuffed unless you burn trades on them.
probably luey if belcho doesnt play. hoping luey can actually do something haha. have still 85 grand to play with, think i can swap neale for danger if need be, think wines is a safe pick to average 110

I actually like this alot, only thing I'd say is Mason Cox is a bad R3 because of all of Collingwoods Friday night games so Riley O'Brien at Adelaide is probably a better option for loophole and Malceski is the other one, he's definately a top 6 defender but at that price you could get another top 6 defender and save yourself a little bit of money for forward upgrades later on
Thankyou for your kind words! :)
Great call on the rucks and when they play. THankyou very much, great advice.
Malceski I will lose money on, I am prepared for that, because who the hell knows who will be top ten defenders by years end. I'm not a gambler so I try and stay safe as possible.

Thing is I rate JS higher as you get to trade quicker and jump once you have made money. I hate slow burning cash cows.:(

Yarran has all the tools to be an absolute gun rebounding defender and last season was one of our better performed players, the problem I see with him is that he gets shut down too easily when targeted by opposing teams. Would love to take the punt on him but reckon it might be a bit risky but that's just my opinion. Is blossoming into a very important player though for our club.

yeah i think with the real lack of other options down back, its a punt i'm willing to gamble on.

DEF: Shaw, Birchall, Newnes, Higgins, Smedts, Jones (Hamling, saad)

MID: Ablett, Fyfe, Selwood, Wines, Judd, Anderson, Heeney, boekhorst, (Freeman, Vandenberg, Lambert)

Rucks: Maric and Bellchambers (Read)

FWD: Deledio, Goddard, Franklin, Martin, Salem, Clark (Hogan, Daniel)

Thoughts? Judd and Wines I'm suspect about.

DEF: Shaw, Birchall, Newnes, Higgins, Smedts, Jones (Hamling, saad)

MID: Ablett, Fyfe, Selwood, Wines, Judd, Anderson, Heeney, boekhorst, (Freeman, Vandenberg, Lambert)

Rucks: Maric and Bellchambers (Read)

FWD: Deledio, Goddard, Franklin, Martin, Salem, Clark (Hogan, Daniel)

Thoughts? Judd and Wines I'm suspect about.
Def/ Birchall unsure if he'll play heen a bit injuied prob a touch under done Smedts is a no and unsure if jones will be picked.
mids vandebberg not upgraded yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nZhQTjA.jpg

aside from a couple rookie spots, that'll do me

30-3-15.PNG

Pending tomorrow this is my likely round 1 team.

I'm working off averaging 2100-2200 up till the byes then round 14 be fully upgraded and come home.

Simpson and Shaw are pretty self explanitory, Harry Taylor I'm hoping can move back into his match winning form and average 90+ again. I'm hoping Lumumba can average 90+ all year that would make my life lovely, if not at least to have a great start to the season so I can trade him to someone else. Brett Goodes I'm hoping can become his own trade and peak at 430k or there abouts. The three rookie spots are hopefully going to fuel eachother to become a premium (200k each, hopefully more but I don't have high hopes for them).

Pendlebury, Fyfe, Beams (still skeptical) and JPK are all top 10 mids pending injury throughout the year so they are locked, Dangerfield was injured most of last year and looks fit so a return is on the cards to 120+ territory. Cripps looks set to win the rising star this year so a 200k rise would be fantastic. Heeney and Ellis-Yolmen I'm expecting averages of 70 and 85 respectively so good money to be earnt there early on. Anderson, Sinclair and vandenberg know how to score big so I'm hoping 150-200k price rise in the first 10-12 weeks so I can upgrade those rookies on field.

Goldstein came home like a bull in a china shop last year, I'm hoping for a 110 year, Minson could quite easily turn into Nic Nat come round 1, I just feel consistent 100s are better than a 160 then a 40 from Nic Nat. Naismith looks like he might get some early games, even if its only 5 or 6 he'll make me a little bit of cash so I can downgrade him and use it somewhere else.

My forwardline looks weak but I'm fairly confident that Gray can average 110 again and Martin can push up to a 105-108 average. Bartel is the unlucky guy who I'd love to have in there just for his consistency. I think Bontempelli can do a Chad Wingard and push out a 100+ average in his second season. Alot of expectation but I think it's very possible. Salem I'm hoping, along with Clark can rise to around 400k and upgrade them around or just after the byes. Hogan, Tarrant and Lambert have the same expectations as my defensive rookies at most averages of 60 and a rise to 250 is would make me very happy.

I'm fairly comfortable with my team, not alot of risk aside from Bontempelli. If the Essendon plays don't get banned I think Bellchambers and Hibberd might manage to find their way into this along with Bartel.

Would love to hear your thoughts, cheers :)

nZhQTjA.jpg

aside from a couple rookie spots, that'll do me
Sutty I'm not sure about, In the IBBO catagory. PIttard, probably safer than KK in my opinion(older and been in the system for one year more IIRC). Dalgliesh, NO. If the bombers get a ban, then yes. Till then, no.
I reckon Vanders will play, as for Lambert? Gee, team sheets, will be a fascinating thing Lambert. Karny MkII?
Lonie? Don't like the Lonie selection. Steele better value IMO, *only if named.
GAJ will be out for at least 4weeks I reckon. Shoulder issues the mail is. (Yeah, I know what has been reported in the media, take it as you will)
Prestia may be a stepping stone for GAJ? He and Hallahan will be doing the grunt work.

Looks good down FWD and in the ruck, but not sure weather another midfield premium is required? and defence with both Lumamba and Higgins? :confused:

$16,900 remaining.

Any suggestions and tips appreciated!

Looks great, only issue I have though is how you're going to upgrade the rest of your midfield? Love the look of your forward line with Dalhause and Boak is a great POD in your mids. Maybe Higgins and Lumumba is abit of a risk, if it pays off you'll look like a genius so go with your gut!

So is anyone gonna start with Jack Steven? Crouch getting injured really stuffed my side up.

King on the bench is wasted cash.
Swap to a cheapie.
maybe turn swan to dusty

Other than that its solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back