Teams SC 2015 - My team (Post NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to look for more value this year, while I nailed a lot of kids last year the sub killed me and that was mostly the kids who kept starting with or getting the vest.

DEF:
Gibson(haw), Johnson(fre), Newnes(stk)
Higgins(nth), Geary(stk), Goodes(wbd)
McIntosh(ric), Saad(gcs)

MID:
Fyfe(fre)(C), Selwood(gee)(VC), Dangerfield(ade), Wells(nth)
Rich(bri), Wallis(wbd), Cripps(car), Anderson(haw)
Heeney(syd), Ellis-Yolmen(ade), Krakouer(pta)

RUC:
Goldstein(nth), Maric(ric)
Cox(col)

FWD:
Gray(pta), Martin(ric), Ziebell(nth)
Adams(col), Salem(mel), Clark(gee)
Lonie(stk), Lambert(ric)
Not sure you know what chat room you're in mate! :eek::cool:
Wells seems largely ignored here, he has been in and out of my side, good value.
Wallis is an interesting pick, not for me. Krakhour hasn't been upgraded, even if he did, tough side to break into.
Looks good :)

(PS No expert)

Generally don't post in this thread, but often I get blinkers on with my own team and don't look at it objectively enough. Therfore, help from the brainstrust is needed. So have at it lads:
View attachment 120005
I have Touk Miller and Sinclair at the moment instead of Freeman and Newton, I like the midfield, plenty of growth. Same amount of rookies, backline good and stacked fwd line. Although I suspect the club are playing funny buggers, I still don't trust the Naitanue situation enough to pick him. I want too, don't get me wrong.
Good stuff.

I have Touk Miller and Sinclair at the moment instead of Freeman and Newton, I like the midfield, plenty of growth. Same amount of rookies, backline good and stacked fwd line. Although I suspect the club are playing funny buggers, I still don't trust the Naitanue situation enough to pick him. I want too, don't get me wrong.
Good stuff.
Yes, all three of those you mentioned concern me. Thanks.:thumbsu:

Wells seems largely ignored here, he has been in and out of my side, good value.
Wallis is an interesting pick, not for me. Krakhour hasn't been upgraded, even if he did, tough side to break into.

(PS No expert)

I agree...that you are no expert.

I had Wells in for a while but when you can get Swallow for another 140K who can be an actual keeper it seems a bit silly to hang onto Wells. $140k doesn't help much its basically just a Nathan Brown > Macmillan down back. Not sure that's really getting the points and possible keeper that could be the difference between Wells & Swallow.

Havn't seen Ryan Griffen in many teams of late, anything I should know about?

I've seen him in heaps.

Havn't seen Ryan Griffen in many teams of late, anything I should know about?
He'll cop a tag every week, he'll probably average 105 but not the 115 that everyone was hoping. Better value in Greene, Trelor, Shiel, Whitfield ect

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Franklin 110 + Wingard 100 + 2 defence rookies 130

V

Simpson 90 + Hurn 90 + 2 forward rookies 130

= 340 v 310 (as an example)

I can't see any defenders averaging 95+. None!! Happy to roll the dice where I think there could be an edge.
The only two defensive rookies that are odd on to play rd 1 are Brown, Saad and maybe McIntosh IMO

I also think you're inflating the averages of Wingard and maybe Franklin, but let's stick with it.
Buddy 110 + Wingard 100 + Saad 60 + Brown 50

V

Shaw 97 + Jaensch 93 + Clark 70 + Salem 70

= 320 v 340

You also eradicate and chance of a donut in your backline.

The only two defensive rookies that are odd on to play rd 1 are Brown, Saad and maybe McIntosh IMO

I also think you're inflating the averages of Wingard and maybe Franklin, but let's stick with it.
Buddy 110 + Wingard 100 + Saad 60 + Brown 50

V

Shaw 97 + Jaensch 93 + Clark 70 + Salem 70

= 320 v 340

You also eradicate and chance of a donut in your backline.

Point taken. Starting with 1 premo defender is a little crazy perhaps. However, redo your math ;)

kB8ddfq.png

Hey guys:

My second crack at my team this year. I'm stressing out. This is my first time doing SC after a few years off of doing DT. I've always only been slightly above average in DT though so I need all the help I can get here because I want to be decent this year.

The main thing that's keeping me awake at night is the Rockliff situation. Should I go with Pendles/Fyfe/Selwood over Rockliff to save some clams and then upgrade for someone slightly better in my defence(?)? Who do you think I should change?

Rocky is priced at Garry ablett money... And there's only one Garry ablett.
Actually that's a lie.

Regardless, downgrade rocky and spend the money on your defence- I recommend Simpson.
In a year where defensive options are limited- a tried and tested player like him is essential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Generally don't post in this thread, but often I get blinkers on with my own team and don't look at it objectively enough. Therfore, help from the brainstrust is needed. So have at it lads:
View attachment 120005

As long as you are happy that ALL of sheed newton and crisps are going average 80+?

At their prices, an average of 70 (which imo is good going for rookies) will only see them make circa 130k.

Rocky is priced at Garry ablett money... And there's only one Garry ablett.
Actually that's a lie.

Regardless, downgrade rocky and spend the money on your defence- I recommend Simpson.
In a year where defensive options are limited- a tried and tested player like him is essential

shhh let everyone else burn themselves with shaw

Want to get Naikia Cockatoo in, but not sure on JS and vest status, trying to get best non vest rookies.
Latest version.....
View attachment 120026
Interesting team and looks pretty good.

Most teams I've seen are going in pretty heavy forward with quality forward premiums available this season. Only worry I have is Zorko who whilst will score OK, IMO won't be in the top 8 scoring forwards. I'd probably upgrade to either Gray, Bartel or even Deledio - just my view. I even thing Swan is a better option.

Also, what's you're plan to get Gaz in should he go bang early?

(PS No expert)
Not an expert at nailing kids? That's a relief.

If you're going to play with Goodes at D4 I'd start with the top 3 defenders just as more security for your two on field rookies

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

That's rubbish. Who is the top 3 defenders? It's a new season, you mean spend more money and ruin his structure? He spends all that money then he loses his forward line or rucks, it changes his whole team.

Your team is fine slak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back