Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown will play all games barring injury and score 60~. He'll probably be on the bench when I have worked out rookies but for now he's on the field.

Christensen will average 90+

Browns highest ever average was 61.7. Hard to see him beating that coming off 3 games last year and an short pre season

Supercoach team.jpg

Yes I know it looks funny and everyone will tell me to have more premo mids and I still may but I think it is even more so important to have a team that can generate cash quickly to actually fill the midfield with premos later on. This strategy worked pretty well for me last year, but please do point out any flaws including any you see with my current strategy. :)

View attachment 100717

Yes I know it looks funny and everyone will tell me to have more premo mids and I still may but I think it is even more so important to have a team that can generate cash quickly to actually fill the midfield with premos later on. This strategy worked pretty well for me last year, but please do point out any flaws including any you see with my current strategy. :)

I think the points you miss out on by going a weak midfield will put you too far behind. I still think spending less money in defence will be the way to go and depending on how new scoring affects rucks, spending less on rucks may also be good.

Which means stack midfield and forward with mid/Fwds. That's the strategy I'll be going with.

Your forwards and rucks look good but IMO your first 4 defenders are not worth the $$

I think the 4 premos in your backline won't all perform. Opportunity cost looks large. Too early to make lengthy arguments

Only two premium mids is bloody reckless. I have 4 proven premo's and two injury-raveged mid pricers. I'm also a supercoach wizard, do as I say!

Motlop may prove to be an inspired choice, I can easily rationalise adding him to my team.

Krak is rookie listed, he's a depth player at the moment. Including him goes against your cash-generation strategy. Clark/ Hogan / etc all better options. But if Krak does get a game and an opportunity at 3+ games, he'll be terrific.

In terms of strategy

I think the early generation is an interesting idea. However, for it to work two things need to occur. First, traded-in premiums must be undervalued at time of trade. Second, traded-in players must perform 15 weeks after a trade.
What players will conform to these criteria?

The logic of picking up a relatively cheap player in 4-5 weeks is problematic, too.

Given the prices of many players I think astute picks of premos (esp) backline is a good base to work from.

any reason why you havnt gone with rampe? is newman a placeholder until someone better becomes available? i reckon jones might be a good option with the backs being so shit this year
Back line is far from settled, Rampe is in the mix but I'm buggered where to start with the defence this year.
Both Newmans are placeholders fo
Zak Jones is probably borderline best 22 but we shall wait and see what Horse does with Malceskis spot...

Rampe should fill Malceski's role, his efficiency is great and he is a left footer as well.

Only issue I see is the fact the Rohan coincidentally shifted to the back line about the time people started to question if Malceski was going to stay. Pre Season should be a good insight into how they replace Malceski, and if its Rampe, i'll be jumping on.

Rampe should fill Malceski's role, his efficiency is great and he is a left footer as well.

Only issue I see is the fact the Rohan coincidentally shifted to the back line about the time people started to question if Malceski was going to stay. Pre Season should be a good insight into how they replace Malceski, and if its Rampe, i'll be jumping on.
From memory Rhys Shaw missed a couple of games late in the year and they threw Rohan back to fill his spot but I do agree, if Rampe is getting more rebound then he is worth the risk.

Browns highest ever average was 61.7. Hard to see him beating that coming off 3 games last year and an short pre season

The Pies have lost Shaw, The Artist Formerly Known As Harry O and most importantly Maxwell in the past 2 seasons. To make matters worse Ben Reid is already having an injury interrupted preseason so there has been a big loss of experienced bodies down back so they will need him on the park.

He might not earn big points but he won't get the vest. If Brown is fit and lining up in Round 1 he is straight in my team, even if it is on the bench.

From memory Rhys Shaw missed a couple of games late in the year and they threw Rohan back to fill his spot but I do agree, if Rampe is getting more rebound then he is worth the risk.
Would Laidler be the likely player to replace Rampe in that stopping role? Or would they try and get more games into someone like X. Richards or Allir Allir?

Would Laidler be the likely player to replace Rampe in that stopping role? Or would they try and get more games into someone like X. Richards or Allir Allir?

Laidler appears to be thought of as a back up / depth option by the coaching staff however I thought he was pretty good for us last year when he did play. Defensively he is a like for like swap for Rampe but he doesn't offer the same run or rebound which will count against him.

X.Richards to me is more of a long term prospect, who like Abe Davis, will most likely get his turn when Grundy/Brother Ted retire in the next couple of years.

Aliir Aliir is very interesting one and is certainly in the mix. He has the physique , athleticism and talent to play senior football in the near future but needs a little work done on the defensive side of his game. If he does a full pre season I think he will be playing NAB cup.

Why is the herald sun team picker only just over 9 mill salary cap instead of 10?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cleared mine just then and it said the salary was $10,000,000.

The Pies have lost Shaw, The Artist Formerly Known As Harry O and most importantly Maxwell in the past 2 seasons. To make matters worse Ben Reid is already having an injury interrupted preseason so there has been a big loss of experienced bodies down back so they will need him on the park.

He might not earn big points but he won't get the vest. If Brown is fit and lining up in Round 1 he is straight in my team, even if it is on the bench.
Stay away from Mr.Glass. His shoulders can't carry a bag without popping.

Forget Nathan Brown, the loss of Maxwell and Harry O opens up an opportunity for a half-back to emerge and score well. Intercept marks, running bounces, setting up play from the back 50 etc. that Maxy and Harry O did well. Someone will have to step up - I'll be watching Langdon, Seedsman, Young & Marley Williams closely over the pre-season. Have a feeling one of those 4 will be a good buy.

My first post on this forum, here's my current team so far.

DEF: Simpson, Hibberd, Birchall, Hurn, Waters, Fuller (Smith, Maynard)
MID: Ablett, Rockliff, Pendlebury, Selwood, Heeney, Boekhorst, Vandenberg, Laverde (Freeman, Dumont, Krakouer)
RUCK: Minson, Naitanui (Read)
FOR: Deledio, Goddard, Martin, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Goddard, Steele)

$49,600 left in bank.

My first time posting in the SC forum for the year with my latest team. It started out as a Guns 'n' Rookies strategy, though has ended up with two mid pricers. There are 13 keepers including 6 Ultra Premiums, but the team relies on 7 onfield rookies.

Def: B. Smith, H. Shaw, L. Hodge, G. Ibbotson, M. Fuller, H. Goddard (H. Wigg, E. Vickers-Willis)
Mid: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, R. Sloane, S. Sidebottom, C. Petracca, I. Heeney, A. Vandenberg (N. Freeman, T. Dumont, L. Dawson)
Ruc: S. Jacobs, N. Naitinui (M. Cox)
Fwd: B. Deledio, H. Bennell, D Swan, T. Bellchambers, P. Karnezis, J. Hogan (J. Finlayson, J.Steele)
Cash Left: $13,500
Byes: 8/12/10 although as the rookies are place holders this will change.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
My first post on this forum, here's my current team so far.

DEF: Simpson, Hibberd, Birchall, Hurn, Waters, Fuller (Smith, Maynard)
MID: Ablett, Rockliff, Pendlebury, Selwood, Heeney, Boekhorst, Vandenberg, Laverde (Freeman, Dumont, Krakouer)
RUCK: Minson, Naitanui (Read)
FOR: Deledio, Goddard, Martin, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Goddard, Steele)

$49,600 left in bank.

Welcome

Keep posting!

My first time posting in the forum for the year with my latest team. It started out as a Guns 'n' Rookies strategy, though has ended up with two mid pricers. There are 13 keepers including 6 Ultra Premiums, but the team relies on 7 onfield rookies.

Def: B. Smith, H. Shaw, L. Hodge, G. Ibbotson, M. Fuller, H. Goddard (H. Wigg, E. Vickers-Willis)
Mid: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, R. Sloane, S. Sidebottom, C. Petracca, I. Heeney, A. Vandenberg (N. Freeman, T. Dumont, L. Dawson)
Fwd: B. Deledio, H. Bennell, D Swan, T. Bellchambers, P. Karnezis, J. Hogan (J. Finlayson, J.Steele)

Peatractor too expensive for a rookie.
Save 100k

My first time posting in the SC forum for the year with my latest team. It started out as a Guns 'n' Rookies strategy, though has ended up with two mid pricers. There are 13 keepers including 6 Ultra Premiums, but the team relies on 7 onfield rookies.

Love your mids particularly Sloane a/Sidebottom picks. Personally think Sideys going to have a big year.
Changes I'd make is go one less premo in backline and add one up fwd. Also meh on Bennel. Agree with toxic on Chewbacca. Save 100k put it elsewhere on premo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back