Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gday guys my first team for the year, getting close to being happy with it. Bolded are 14 premos, your thoughts on J Lewis would be appreciated. I've gone with a guns and rookies approach.

DEF: H. Shaw, M. Hibberd, N. Brown, C. Ellis-Yolmen, J. Kolodjashnij, H. Goddard (D. McKenzie, D. Viojo-Rainbow)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, R. Sloane, J. Kennedy, C. Ward, J. Lewis, I. Heeney, B. Boekhorst, T. Dumont
(N. Freeman, D. Cavka, L. Duggin)
RUC: S. Jacobs, N. Naitanui (M. Cox)
FWD: R. Gray, B. Deledio, B. Goddard, L. Franklin, D. Martin, M. Clark (J. Hogan, M. Newman)

Gday guys my first team for the year, getting close to being happy with it. Bolded are 14 premos, your thoughts on J Lewis would be appreciated. I've gone with a guns and rookies approach.

DEF: H. Shaw, M. Hibberd, N. Brown, C. Ellis-Yolmen, J. Kolodjashnij, H. Goddard (D. McKenzie, D. Viojo-Rainbow)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, R. Sloane, J. Kennedy, C. Ward, J. Lewis, I. Heeney, B. Boekhorst, T. Dumont
FWD: R. Gray, B. Deledio, B. Goddard, L. Franklin, D. Martin, M. Clark (J. Hogan, M. Newman)

Lewis what price?
Certainly would be a pod

Hawks are so even would be my issue with jordan.
I wont be taking him personally.
In fact I have no hawks at all

Hawks are so even would be my issue with jordan.
I wont be taking him personally.
In fact I have no hawks at all
I have Lewis in at the moment for the bye structure. No Hawks stand out this year that's for sure, their positions are very different this year. The Kangaroos are another team which has no clear SC standouts either.

I have Lewis in at the moment for the bye structure. No Hawks stand out this year that's for sure, their positions are very different this year. The Kangaroos are another team which has no clear SC standouts either.
Until higgins shows a bit in the nab and we fall down

Just did my seconds proper draft.

Hibberd, Birchall, Johnson, Docherty, Waters, McKenzie
(Brown, Maynard)

Ablett, Pendles, Parker, Watson, Mitchell, Van Berlo, Heeney, Freeman
(Boekhurst, Miller, Cavka)

Maric, Kruezer
(Cox)

Deledio, Goddard, Buddy, Bontempelli, Clark, Lavarde
(Hogan, Daniel)

Still plenty of playing around to do, really finding it hard to settle on a structure this year. Especially with lack of backline options.

Just did out: Mitchell and Birchall, in: Beams and Seedsman.

Last edited:
It looks like I am one premo short due to the GAJ/Pendles/Rocky trifecta. What are people's thoughts?

TEAM NAME: Thuggee
DEF: M. Hibberd, K. Simpson, H. Shaw, D. Viojo-Rainbow, B. Waters, M. Dick (N. Newman, N. Brown)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, C. Ward, J. Steven, I. Heeney, T. Dumont, N. Freeman (C. Blakely, A. Neal-Bullen)
RUC: T. Goldstein, W. Minson (S. Naismith)
FWD: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, D. Martin, T. Mitchell, T. Membrey, P. Karnezis (J. Hogan, L. Webb)
CASH LEFT: $123,700

It looks like I am one premo short due to the GAJ/Pendles/Rocky trifecta. What are people's thoughts?

DEF: M. Hibberd, K. Simpson, H. Shaw, D. Viojo-Rainbow, B. Waters, M. Dick (N. Newman, N. Brown)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, C. Ward, J. Steven, I. Heeney, T. Dumont, N. Freeman (C. Blakely, A. Neal-Bullen)
FWD: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, D. Martin, T. Mitchell, T. Membrey, P. Karnezis (J. Hogan, L. Webb)
I'd go Minson/Goldstein>Kreuzer it will free up some cash to upgrade to a premo. Kreuz should score very well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think so. I doubt Leuenberger will play as many games as Kreuzer and when he is playing, Martin will restrict his scores
Malthouse hinted just before Christmas that Kreuzer will be spending more time up forward than he will in the ruck. I am avoiding him like the plague if that is the case but i will watch his NAB form nonetheless.

On a separate rant, I don't know why coaches keep trying to make ruckman into ruck-forwards, it rarely works. Kreuzer is not a key forward, just let him use his mobility and ruck. Anyway, rant over.

Agree with you on Looneyburger.

Malthouse hinted just before Christmas that Kreuzer will be spending more time up forward than he will in the ruck. I am avoiding him like the plague if that is the case but i will watch his NAB form nonetheless.

On a separate rant, I don't know why coaches keep trying to make ruckman into ruck-forwards, it rarely works. Kreuzer is not a key forward, just let him use his mobility and ruck. Anyway, rant over.

Agree with you on Looneyburger.

Agree with your rant, however, with Kruezer maybe it's not such a bad idea just to get some games into him. Maybe his body just isn't ever going to cope with playing solely in the ruck.

I hope its not so, because it will be a bonus to only have to spend 370K on a starting ruck this year.

Averaged above 92 and 97 in 2012 and 2013. If he can get on the field and string some games together this year, there is no reason why he couldn't get back up to those scores again.

And if fit an injury free, should hopefully be able to increase.

Averaged above 92 and 97 in 2012 and 2013. If he can get on the field and string some games together this year, there is no reason why he couldn't get back up to those scores again.

And if fit an injury free, should hopefully be able to increase.

92 is not scoring well for a keeper Ruck though. He's been in the system 7 years, there's no reason at all he will suddenly jump up 10pts or even get on the field for a whole season. They talk him up every year and he does nothing. He's not solo ruck, they've already said he's playing more forward, it all points to him having to be upgraded at some stage.

Considering we have exactly the same midfield I'm calling copy / paste

I think so. I doubt Leuenberger will play as many games as Kreuzer and when he is playing, Martin will restrict his scores
Pretty sure Kreuzer's scores would be affected as well. I highly doubt he'll play as a sole ruckman. Leuy will play every game if fit. If anything, expect Martin to spend more time forward than him.

92 is not scoring well for a keeper Ruck though. He's been in the system 7 years, there's no reason at all he will suddenly jump up 10pts or even get on the field for a whole season. They talk him up every year and he does nothing. He's not solo ruck, they've already said he's playing more forward, it all points to him having to be upgraded at some stage.

92 or 97 isn't bad for a guy worth 370K.

I dont think anyone is expecting him to have a break out year and become the dominant ruck, but if he can get on the park, a nice price rise will come in handy.

Given the debate surrounding how the rucks will be affected with this new scoring system, having someone that presents some value may be a good way to go. Its not such a bad idea to go with Kruezer who can score into the 90's at only 370K, then to start off with a series of different ruck choices, all of which at some point in the last couple of years has averaged below 100 anyway (Jacobs in 13', Goldy 12', Mumford 13', Sandi 13', Minson 14', Maric 13').

I'm not saying im starting with him, but given the changes, at least going with Kruezer should help generate some cash early on whilst you wait and see which rucks are going to dominate this year. A little less frustrating then going with any of the above who then turn in a hap-hazard year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back