Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... Time to put up mine I guess.

Spent a few hours tinkering yesterday. Rookies are all guesses at this stage but educated ones. i've picked some higher priced ones so I don't find myself short of cash when it comes to get the performing/selected rookies in.

B: Smith, H. Shaw, Hibberd.
Waters, Colquhoun, Z.Jones
Oxley, Rainbow

M: Ablett, Pendles, Jelwood, B. Crouch, J.Steven
C. Smith, Boekhurst, Laverde
Dick, Freeman, Perris.

R: Nic Nat, Kruezer
Bellchambers

F: Deledio, Goddard, Zorko, T. Mitchell
A. Saad, Hogan
Garner, Krakeour

$16,700 in the bank.

Tried to keep all lines relatively strong, quite a few guys will be dependant on pre-season form though, rookies are still placeholders

DEF: Smith, Hibberd, Walker, Rampe, Waters, McKenzie (Viojo-Rainbow, Saad)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Ward, Cotchin, Steven, Van Berlo, Heeney, Freeman (Boekhorst, Steele, Lambert)
RUC: Goldstein, Naitanui (Cox)
FWD: Deledio, Franklin, Swan, Ziebell, Clark, Hogan (Daniel, Krakouer)

Tried to keep all lines relatively strong, quite a few guys will be dependant on pre-season form though, rookies are still placeholders

DEF: Smith, Hibberd, Walker, Rampe, Waters, McKenzie (Viojo-Rainbow, Saad)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Ward, Cotchin, Steven, Van Berlo, Heeney, Freeman (Boekhorst, Steele, Lambert)
RUC: Goldstein, Naitanui (Cox)
FWD: Deledio, Franklin, Swan, Ziebell, Clark, Hogan (Daniel, Krakouer)

I wouldn't take Walker, Rampe, McKenzie, Cotchin or Ziebell based on their known form. No ruck cover? Good luck with that but I'm going to get some!

My apologies Toxic, I can assure it wasn't my intention to copy yours or anyone else's team.

I've just realized the Fanfooty Fanplanner still has 2 mid bench spots and 2 ruck bench spots so I'll have to start again anyway.

Great minds think alike

A lot of love for Titch. Not sure why, couldn't crack into the side last year. Risky to assume he'll break in to Round 1 and take someone's place and then play week in, week out; especially at 405k.

Pretty sure Kreuzer's scores would be affected as well. I highly doubt he'll play as a sole ruckman. Leuy will play every game if fit. If anything, expect Martin to spend more time forward than him.
Have to agree. Martin played forward quite a bit at Melb. A good mark and a good kick. Likely to be a forward / second ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Bontempelli is a much better pick at the same price. He's not only top 22 he's about top 5, his upside is huge. I got burnt by Mitchell last year so I can't even consider him.
Great call. Would take Bonte over Titch in a heartbeat, but won't be :)

I had Bonts for an hour or two in one of my earliest teams this offseason. He's a very good selection and I can't see him getting the second year blues

A lot of love for Titch. Not sure why, couldn't crack into the side last year. Risky to assume he'll break in to Round 1 and take someone's place and then play week in, week out; especially at 405k.

God, I thought you were talking about Titch Edwards for a minute, absolutely lost my mind with confusion.

92 or 97 isn't bad for a guy worth 370K.

I dont think anyone is expecting him to have a break out year and become the dominant ruck, but if he can get on the park, a nice price rise will come in handy.

Given the debate surrounding how the rucks will be affected with this new scoring system, having someone that presents some value may be a good way to go. Its not such a bad idea to go with Kruezer who can score into the 90's at only 370K, then to start off with a series of different ruck choices, all of which at some point in the last couple of years has averaged below 100 anyway (Jacobs in 13', Goldy 12', Mumford 13', Sandi 13', Minson 14', Maric 13').

I'm not saying im starting with him, but given the changes, at least going with Kruezer should help generate some cash early on whilst you wait and see which rucks are going to dominate this year. A little less frustrating then going with any of the above who then turn in a hap-hazard year.
Say goodbye to your trades come finals, playing with rucks is exhausting, wiped me out of trades last year. Use caution, Rucks are bad JuJuu.

Have to agree. Martin played forward quite a bit at Melb. A good mark and a good kick. Likely to be a forward / second ruck.
The guy is bench pressing 160kgs - pretty sure that's more than Browny's record at the club. Would give him an edge up forward, if only he learned how to kick straight.

God, I thought you were talking about Titch Edwards for a minute, absolutely lost my mind with confusion.
LOL. Any respect for my opinion would have been shot ;)

On this board we've always referred to Tom Mitchell as Titch. Edwards is non existant in the SC world :)

The guy is bench pressing 160kgs - pretty sure that's more than Browny's record at the club. Would give him an edge up forward, if only he learned how to kick straight.
He was a pretty good kick when at Melb. What have you guys done to him?

He was a pretty good kick when at Melb. What have you guys done to him?

Took years to "Un-Melbourne" him and turn him into a useful player! Still a work in progress I'm afraid.

Come to think of it, Melbourne has made some stellar trading decisions with their ruck department. Kept White, traded Jolly. Kept Jamar, traded Martin. Pretty sure there's another in there I've missed.

In fairness to Tom, he got injured in Round 4/5 and then shortly after he returned via the twos he got injured again so he had missed a bit of football last year. I think he is best 22 and that most Swans supporters would rather him in the team ahead of the likes of Lloyd and even Bird. The risk on him is his body, not his JS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back