Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the guy up until last year.

That aside, he's never good for more than 15 games a year.

I started with him last year, and thought I hit the jack pot. The most frustrating thing was that after he went down every week they said he would be back, so I held onto him. 6 weeks later, he bounced back with 40, not what I was hoping my patience would be rewarded with.

Wasn't so bad last year because we had more bench cover though.

Any love for Brent Staker this year?

'Injury-plagued utility Brent Staker is flying this pre-season, however key position player Luke McGuane is still experiencing some soreness in his knee post-surgery and is struggling to complete back-to-back sessions.'

87 average in 2010 and with the added midfield depth this year would see more inside 50's.

Any love for Brent Staker this year?

'Injury-plagued utility Brent Staker is flying this pre-season, however key position player Luke McGuane is still experiencing some soreness in his knee post-surgery and is struggling to complete back-to-back sessions.'

87 average in 2010 and with the added midfield depth this year would see more inside 50's.

Priced at??

Devon is interesting. .
what u expecting from him bud?

I reckon 100+ average for Devon this year. Gun. Has played the 2nd most games of all the GWS youngsters. I see him as a bit like Zorko, but more class & upside.

It's nice having 5 premo mids....but your defence :confused:
Defence does not excite me. Can't see many there averaging 100+ so may as well stack up elsewhere and bargain hunt.

Wouldn't take rocky and rich. By taking rich you're betting on rocky losing points.

What's the team name? The mid priced backs?

Clark won't score that much. Better and cheaper options out there.
Don't think Rocky will lose points just because Rich plays. I see Bris being the big improver so more points to share. Pendles/Beams/Sidey/Swan didn't affect each other's scoring much.

Clarke, as all <200k players are at this time of the year, is a place holder.

Defence does not excite me. Can't see many there averaging 100+ so may as well stack up elsewhere and bargain hunt.

Don't think Rocky will lose points just because Rich plays. I see Bris being the big improver so more points to share. Pendles/Beams/Sidey/Swan didn't affect each other's scoring much.

Clarke, as all <200k players are at this time of the year, is a place holder.

Rich, redden, rocky, beams, Hanley, Zorko. They all going to ton up each week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 tons out of 21 games. Only 3 scores below 70. 115 average over last 5.

Yeh, I saw his 2014 numbers on footywire earlier today. Started the season with a 44 & ended it with a 137 he's on his way up I tells ya!

v2

Go ahead and rip into it haters, you know you want to! :straining:

View attachment 101366
I quite like that you have 3 premos in def, although I use the word "premo" loosely. However, i think you could get someone who will perform similarly to K, Kolodjashnij for a much cheaper price, example Brendan Whitecross, just a note and I know rookies are only temporary but scharenberg is injured and likely won't play until halfway through the year so if you are already debating over rookies as I am, you should probably take him out of your calculations.

Next I know you have a HUGE crush on Murphy but again there are better options for a similar or cheaper price think Travis Boak, Toby Greene, Ryan Griffen, or for an even cheaper option Allen Christensen/Jack Steven. Other than that I quite like all your rookie mid picks and they are currently very similar to mine.

Rucks, I think you should probably drop at least one of the two, likely goldstein, for berger. Gives you the money to potentially upgrade Murphy to a super premo like Fyfe, Rockliffe or any of the multitude of better players ;).

Finally for the forward line, not sure what you expect from Bennell that would justify picking him up but the Greene and Bontempelli picks could be inspired and I could probably be persuaded to include one of them in my forward line as well.

Otherwise I quite like your team and it is surprisingly similar to mine in structure, nice job for an early speculative team!

To start of, can you tell me what all the rage with Henderspud and Steinberg is? From waht I've seen from both of them, they've done nothng to say they will improve from their previous output, particularly henderson who will become more of a key backman with the departure of ben rutten? Besides that I think you could possibly do with Malceski, you need some premium scoring in defence to free up another midfield cash cow space.

Speaking of the midfield, IMO you have gone far to strong, I usually try to have the same number of rookies on teh field as premos/mid-pricers combined, this allows for a huge cash inflow that you can use to do some serious upgrades from rounds 8 to 12. Personally I'd dump Parker and Rich for rookies and upgrade another defender and save a little money to spread across the rest of your team.

Rucks, same as mine got nothing to criticise.

Forwards, also very similar to mine, again I quite like Bontempelli at F5 and I am tossing up between him, motlop and a couple others. Personally I'm quite strongly against Clark as he has only had one premium year in his entire career... 4 years ago.... at brisbane........ since then he has been repeatedly and IMO irreparably damaged both physically and mentally and I also think he will be starved of opportunity at Geelong considering the wealth of talls they have recently acquired.

I quite like your team, I personally won't be going with this strategy as its a little ballsy for me having no defence... but it could work out I guess :p

Before you tear it apart, I think Burgoyne and Shaw will improve to premium scoring due to various reasons, and I will not under any circumstances pick up Mitch Clark, he is old, fat and broken both physically and mentally. As well as this he has only had one season in his long season of premium scoring, the rest were average or non existant due to injury.
Have at it!!
Supercoach team.jpg

To start of, can you tell me what all the rage with Henderspud and Steinberg is? From waht I've seen from both of them, they've done nothng to say they will improve from their previous output, particularly henderson who will become more of a key backman with the departure of ben rutten? Besides that I think you could possibly do with Malceski, you need some premium scoring in defence to free up another midfield cash cow space.

Speaking of the midfield, IMO you have gone far to strong, I usually try to have the same number of rookies on teh field as premos/mid-pricers combined, this allows for a huge cash inflow that you can use to do some serious upgrades from rounds 8 to 12. Personally I'd dump Parker and Rich for rookies and upgrade another defender and save a little money to spread across the rest of your team.

Rucks, same as mine got nothing to criticise.

Forwards, also very similar to mine, again I quite like Bontempelli at F5 and I am tossing up between him, motlop and a couple others. Personally I'm quite strongly against Clark as he has only had one premium year in his entire career... 4 years ago.... at brisbane........ since then he has been repeatedly and IMO irreparably damaged both physically and mentally and I also think he will be starved of opportunity at Geelong considering the wealth of talls they have recently acquired.

I quite like your team, I personally won't be going with this strategy as its a little ballsy for me having no defence... but it could work out I guess :p

If Brodie Smith moves into the midfield that might allow Henderson to full his half-back role.

Before you tear it apart, I think Burgoyne and Shaw will improve to premium scoring due to various reasons, and I will not under any circumstances pick up Mitch Clark, he is old, fat and broken both physically and mentally. As well as this he has only had one season in his long season of premium scoring, the rest were average or non existant due to injury.
Have at it!!
View attachment 101404

What are your reasons for thinking Burgoyne's output will increase? He's 32, I can't see him increasing his average especially judging by his previous 4 years. Malceski slightly overpriced IMO. Also think there are better options than Christensen. Hard to tell how rookies will perform obviously but I'd downgrade Petracca to a cheap rookie and upgrade Christensen to an elite mid

What are your reasons for thinking Burgoyne's output will increase? He's 32, I can't see him increasing his average especially judging by his previous 4 years. Malceski slightly overpriced IMO. Also think there are better options than Christensen. Hard to tell how rookies will perform obviously but I'd downgrade Petracca to a cheap rookie and upgrade Christensen to an elite mid
My main one for Burgoyne (tossing between him and Gibson) is that Gibson will become a rebounding defender with the arrival of Frawley so Burgoyne will cop a little less attention from defensive forwards.
Malceski is priced at what he scored last year, it is difficult to be over or under priced unless they miss most of a season, also being at GC he will get more of the ball in defence than he did at the Swans and he will be the main rebounder whereas at Sydney he had to contend with Mcveigh, Shaw and Rampe as well as later with Rohan. Also Christensen has finished his apprenticeship at Geelong and is ready to move psat 70-75% gametime to a fully fledged midfield rotation at a club that needs high quality midfielders a little more than Geelong where he will get a bit more responsibility (hopefully)...
IMO Petracca was the best player in this year's draft and looks set to pull an Ollie Wines, built like a brick sh*ithouse, explosive like dangerfield, good overhead mark, great vision and flexible in his rotation.
Although I have considered dropping him for say hogan and bringing in a super premo for christensen as well, still deciding, early days.

If Brodie Smith moves into the midfield that might allow Henderson to full his half-back role.
Maybe Smith will move to the middle but they don't have another tall to play key defence afaik, so I doubt Henderson will fill a flanker type role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back