Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably about my third attempt at this, but first one posted on this forum.
CRBQQDQ.png

I'm going with a couple of risky picks in Newnes stepping up and Selwood getting back to his form of a couple of years ago. The rookies are just placeholders at the moment, obviously, but I think quite a few of them will get games. I'd love for the Waters pick to come off, both for my SuperCoach team and for the Eagles.

Plowman 270k on your Def bench? Duggan 172k on your mid bench? Hoges, mate. Pay attention here, it's important. Your benchie rookies shouldn't be any more than 117k. You've just wasted 200k right there. Get where I'm coming from?

Fisher is finished as a SC premo. 445k could be much better spent. Also, Alex Johnson won't be anywhere near ready for Rd1, I would argue that he may never play another Snr game again.

This is my latest side, pretty happy with this but no doubt will change.

B: B.Smith, J.Howe, J.Newnes, B.Waters, K.McIntosh, J.Hamling (H.Goddard, A.Saad)
M: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, N.Fyfe, L.Parker, T.Greene, N.Van Berlo, I.Heeney, N.Freeman (T.Dumont, J.Steele, B.Boekhorst)
R: T.Goldstein, N.Naitanui (M.Cox)
F: R.Gray, B.Deledio, H.Bennell, D.Swan, M.Clark, J.Hogan (J.Laverde, N.Krakeour)

Gotta say. I like that team quite a bit. Howe is an interesting pick but who knows.

This is probably about my third attempt at this, but first one posted on this forum.
CRBQQDQ.png

I'm going with a couple of risky picks in Newnes stepping up and Selwood getting back to his form of a couple of years ago. The rookies are just placeholders at the moment, obviously, but I think quite a few of them will get games. I'd love for the Waters pick to come off, both for my SuperCoach team and for the Eagles.

Whenever I look at a team and ask myself how you can afford all of those guns, you know you're on a winner. This team has that.

I don't like Selwood of the Scott variety and I think Bitch Clark is a spud of the highest order (Sc wise) but now I'm just being picky.

Plowman 270k on your Def bench? Duggan 172k on your mid bench? Hoges, mate. Pay attention here, it's important. Your benchie rookies shouldn't be any more than 117k. You've just wasted 200k right there. Get where I'm coming from?

Fisher is finished as a SC premo. 445k could be much better spent. Also, Alex Johnson won't be anywhere near ready for Rd1, I would argue that he may never play another Snr game again.

Well they wouldn't be on the bench, SC just won't put them on the field. They'd be D5 and M8. Plowman looked like at the back of the year he was moving more into that half-back distributor role. Is mainly in the side now as a reminder of one to keep an eye on during the NAB and if a better rookie pops up I've got $150K to spend elsewhere! Duggan also just one to keep an eye on too, does tend to use the ball fairly well of the very little I've see of him. Again, if a better option comes up I can throw his $50K elsewhere.

I didn't realise Fisher will be 33 this year, so yeah, might review that one. And I don't remember where I read about Alex Johnson but can easily kick him out. Got a suggestion to replace?

Whenever I look at a team and ask myself how you can afford all of those guns, you know you're on a winner. This team has that.

I don't like Selwood of the Scott variety and I think Bitch Clark is a spud of the highest order (Sc wise) but now I'm just being picky.
Thanks mate.

Scooter is one of my favourite players and I had him in his gun year, so I'm hoping he'll recapture that. Clark is a placeholder for the moment but will probably stay in there if he's lining up in Round 1. I have about $15k left.

Well they wouldn't be on the bench, SC just won't put them on the field. They'd be D5 and M8. Plowman looked like at the back of the year he was moving more into that half-back distributor role. Is mainly in the side now as a reminder of one to keep an eye on during the NAB and if a better rookie pops up I've got $150K to spend elsewhere! Duggan also just one to keep an eye on too, does tend to use the ball fairly well of the very little I've see of him. Again, if a better option comes up I can throw his $50K elsewhere.

I didn't realise Fisher will be 33 this year, so yeah, might review that one. And I don't remember where I read about Alex Johnson but can easily kick him out. Got a suggestion to replace?

I've had that issue too, with it sometimes not automatically putting the more expensive player on the field.

Gingy is right with Fisher, his best days are behind him, get Newnes instead IMO.

Plowman is a lock-down defender(?) Determinant ?

Get Whitecross instead & save 80k.

No more than a 150k rookie on bench at this point, ideally less.

BCrouch will be a gun, but I don't think you can start him at M3, he wont be a top 10 SC scorer at years end (~105 ave IMO).

With some of your cash, see who you can upgrade BCrouch into - Watson?

You also have the emergency ward as your ruck division, which is 'okay', but you have no DPP to a R/F for protection.

Just keep tinkering.......:thumbsu:

I've had that issue too, with it sometimes not automatically putting the more expensive player on the field.

Gingy is right with Fisher, his best days are behind him, get Newnes instead IMO.

Plowman is a lock-down defender(?) Determinant ?

Get Whitecross instead & save 80k.

No more than a 150k rookie on bench at this point, ideally less.

BCrouch will be a gun, but I don't think you can start him at M3, he wont be a top 10 SC scorer at years end (~105 ave IMO).

With some of your cash, see who you can upgrade BCrouch into - Watson?

You also have the emergency ward as your ruck division, which is 'okay', but you have no DPP to a R/F for protection.

Just keep tinkering.......:thumbsu:

Whitecross wont play early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's looking like a pretty solid team. It'll be interesting to see what kind of freedom Harbrow gets with Malceski back there now. Could be one to go to the next level.

I also have the option that if Duggan and / or Van Berlo doesn't work out I can get another rookie to upgrade Parker to a Selwood / Beams / Kennedy / Sloane.

I also have the option that if Duggan and / or Van Berlo doesn't work out I can get another rookie to upgrade Parker to a Selwood / Beams / Kennedy / Sloane.

Keep parker
will be swans highest av mid imo

Love the mids
hate monobrow in def
not sold on kreuzer but there are options in both there price ranges

Yeah, not entirely sold on Harbrow either but Malceski will make things interesting there. Keep an eye on. And there's SFA other options, DEF is a turd this year.

Could go Leuey, all I'm after there is mooing up to around $500K and then trade up at the byes. Who knows, he might even make a whole season...

Yeah, not entirely sold on Harbrow either but Malceski will make things interesting there. Keep an eye on. And there's SFA other options, DEF is a turd this year.

Could go Leuey, all I'm after there is mooing up to around $500K and then trade up at the byes. Who knows, he might even make a whole season...

Plenty of def options around that mark.

Keep parker
will be swans highest av mid imo

Yeah, I was going to suggest the same. I think Parker is ready to go right up in to the top ten this year.

Well, might keep Parker there then, bugger off Duggan now finding someone else for $123K and spend the extra $$$ on Heater in the backline.

Walker is only 20k more than Harbrow and Walker averaged 106 in 2013 (he averaged 110+ for most of that season) had susp & injuries in 2014 never really got going, still averaged 87. If he plays in Def this year, I'm tipping 1AW to be a top 3 Def, 95-100 average.

Walker is only 20k more than Harbrow and he averaged 106 in 2013 (he averaged 110+ for most of that season) had susp & injuries in 2014. If he plays in Def this year, I'm tipping 1AW to be a top 3 Def.
Can Walker get back there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back