Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I haven't seen many BigFooty teams with him.
Personally I can see the thought processes behind it. He is about the only bloke you definitely know that will be a top ten defender this year. You have to pay to have that consistency. Others are a risk but its definitely a buyers market here on BF and most knowledgable people can see his price will drop at some point. Will that outweigh the scoring of say a Simpson/Shaw/Hibberd/Smith? Remains to be seen. Wait and see at Round 10 this coming season..

Probably because there has been a fair consensus around the boards that he isn't worth it this year.

Always a risk when a player is maxed out and moving to a new club. Who knows how effective he will be playing the same role at GC. Very easy to rebound from HB when your playing in the top team. Might not have the same luxuries at GC.
Defensive forward on him week in week out you'd think at GC.

Personally I can see the thought processes behind it. He is about the only bloke you definitely know that will be a top ten defender this year.

By averages he was the 13th ranked defender in 2013, not even in the top 30 defenders in 2012 or 2011, 10th in 2010 and not in the top 30 in 2009. I'm not sure about the years before then.

He is by no means a guaranteed top 10 defender this year. Sure he may make it but the price is too much for the risk for myself.

Thoughts on this side? The lacklustre defence is nagging at me a bit, was considering downgrading Goldstein to Leuy and WhiteX to Ibbo.

Would love a second opinion on my team

View attachment 111223

I don't see the point in Lycett. Shouldn't be close to a top 10 forward or ruck. You're effectively relying on NicNat going down, but then you've picked him...and Lycett doesn't prevent a zero in the bye rounds because of NicNat... I just can't see it.

Personally without knowing your reasoning I'd upgrade Leuenberger and forget Lycett, and just be prepared to cop a trade if NicNat or R2 goes down...

My thoughts anyway.

I like the rest of your team, partly because I have a similar team! Disregarding rookies I have Shaw, KK, Ablett, Wines, Crouch, NicNat, Franklin & Swan.

I think your wrong about Lycett.I saw the game against the all stars and he looked very good, reminds me of a young Dean Cox. I think he'll definitely be a top 10 scoring Ruckman regardless of Nic Nat.

Thoughts on this side? The lacklustre defence is nagging at me a bit, was considering downgrading Goldstein to Leuy and WhiteX to Ibbo.

Agree with Downgrading Goldy and finding some more value, Backline does look a little vulnerable, Birchall currently injured so will need another defender there anyways.

I like your structure, rolling 4 super premiums out from the onset great idea.

Lots on Wines at the moment, flew out of the gate last year so could be a sound early pick.

My first ever crack at Supercoach. Any advice would be welcome, be gentle please. Yes i know it's too North centric.
sc.PNG

I'll try and justify my selections a bit:
- Macmillan back from his leg break has been training really well posting PB's and is now in the leadership group so will play. Reckon he's a value pick
- McDonald & Atley will move into the midfield this year, McDonald probably get a run with role so a gun mid can lead him to the footy. Atley provides outside run.
- Higgins loves downhill skiing and with north a potentially top 6 side, he should do well if his body holds up. Will play mid/HFF.
- Wells has had his first uninterruped preseason in years and is comfortably best on at training. Value pick after missing most of last season. Van Berlo the same.
- Love the look of Josh Kelly and Will Langford. Reckon they'll kick on this year. Not too sure about Aish.
- Happy with Rucks.
- Not sure if i need a superstar forward or not or if Jack Martin is a good idea. Happy with Bont, Stringer, Gunston, etc. Relying on Clark to have an impact and Walker to get back to his preinjury form.

Happy with the bench, all bar Currie & maybe Krak will play a big part of their teams games imo.

- Macmillan plays for North
- McDonald & Atley both play for North
- Higgins plays for a potentially top 6 side, i.e. North
- Wells plays for North
- Love the look of Josh Kelly and Will Langford. Reckon they'll kick on this year. Not too sure about Aish, good young player but he doesn't play for North
- Happy with Rucks. Bonus: Goldstein plays for North
- Forwards: Bit meh because I don't have anyone from North

Happy with the bench, Currie is bloody expensive for a bloke who won't play a big part of his team's games, but on the other hand he plays for North
EFA :thumbsu:

My first ever crack at Supercoach. Any advice would be welcome, be gentle please. Yes i know it's too North centric.
View attachment 111456

- Macmillan back from his leg break has been training really well posting PB's and is now in the leadership group so will play. Reckon he's a value pick
- McDonald & Atley will move into the midfield this year, McDonald probably get a run with role so a gun mid can lead him to the footy. Atley provides outside run.
- Higgins loves downhill skiing and with north a potentially top 6 side, he should do well if his body holds up. Will play mid/HFF.
- Wells has had his first uninterruped preseason in years and is comfortably best on at training. Value pick after missing most of last season. Van Berlo the same.
- Love the look of Josh Kelly and Will Langford. Reckon they'll kick on this year. Not too sure about Aish.
- Happy with Rucks.
- Not sure if i need a superstar forward or not or if Jack Martin is a good idea. Happy with Bont, Stringer, Gunston, etc. Relying on Clark to have an impact and Walker to get back to his preinjury form.

Happy with the bench, all bar Currie & maybe Krak will play a big part of their teams games imo.
It is way too North centric. You need to cut down at least 4 North players. Plus Broomhead costs way too much to be sitting on your best.

You also have far too many mid-pricers (players that are priced between approximately 250K-450K that haven't proven to be super SC scorers) and not enough premiums (500K plus, that have proven they can be elite SC scorers.) In fact, you only have two premiums.

Also, KPD's and KPF's usually don't score too well.

My best advice would be to read through some of this thread and others on this board. Just remember that even though a player might be great, that doesn't mean they'll be a good SC player eg. Nick Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 111456

- Happy with Rucks.

Way too many Roos...

View attachment 111456

- Happy with Rucks.

Either back Broomhead in and start him, or ditch him. You could use that 200k elsewhere.

EDIT: actually scrap that, Pick one out of Stringer, Martin and Broomhead. Downgrade the other two and use the cash elsewhere..

View attachment 111456

- Happy with Rucks.

I know it feels nice to put together a team of guys you think will always play... but it won't work.

That team won't hit 2,000.

Good luck if you go with it, though.

How about you guys actually look at what he said:

It's his first time playing Supercoach, and he's looking for advice.

Alright, i've tried to take on board what you guys have said and i appreciate it. My 2nd effort below:

sc1.PNG
I've cut Broomhead & Martin and brought in Swan & Bennell.
Currie replaced on the bench by Cox which frees up some cash.
Dropped McDonald, Smith & Atley for Yarran, McKenzie and Newnes (people seem to be talking him up so i chucked him in).
Replaced Kelly & Aish for Wines and will let the NAB cup decide who out of the rookie mids plays but suspect Boekhorst or Laverde.
So i've dropped 2 Roos and now have 6 Premiums. If Higgins is no good in the NAB cup i'll trade him.

Alright, i've tried to take on board what you guys have said and i appreciate it. My 2nd effort below:

View attachment 111468
Dropped McDonald, Smith & Atley for Yarran, McKenzie and Newnes (people seem to be talking him up so i chucked him in).
Replaced Kelly & Aish for Wines and will let the NAB cup decide who out of the rookie mids plays but suspect Boekhorst or Laverde.
So i've dropped 2 Roos and now have 6 Premiums. If Higgins is no good in the NAB cup i'll trade him.

Each week your captains score is doubled.

you need a super premium or two imho in your midfield, GAJ, Rocky, Pendles type

I'm a magpie but Witts is no good for SC.

Maybe start by picking two premiums in each line that you rate (maybe 1 in the rucks)

then fill the gaps and see what you come up with

View attachment 111468
That's a big improvement on the first effort, but there are still some major problems. There are still 12 midpriced players there. I currently have 4 and I worry that may be too many. Your aim should be to end up with a starting lineup of 22 premos as early as possible in the season. That means for each of the starting 22 in your initial team who aren't going to become premos you'll have to make trades to replace them. The money to do that has to come from your cash cows and because you have so many mid pricers it means you have too few cash cow rookies to get the money you'll need and also too few initial premos. You'll probably have to trade in about 14 premos and you won't have the trades or the cash generation to do it. A restructure upgrading about 4 midpricers to premos and downgrading about another 4 of them to rookies is your best bet. Good luck!

View attachment 111468

Here's a list of top SC point scorers by ave from last year;

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...min_salary=0&max_salary=800000&sort=2&order=D

These are the '14 equivalent of some of the players you want to start off in your team & also look to bring (trade) in during 2015 (we can't start with all them...).

Good site to have a look around too for extra info.

Last edited:
I don't mind your four premium midfield selections as long as you have a plan to bring in Ablett/Pendles/Rocky/whoever else kills it this season. Newnes is a waste of a spot in the midfield and should be pushed to the backs. In the mids he's just taking the spot of a Fallen premium (like a Swallow, Steven, etc.), o a cash cow. Savage hasn't done enough for me to warrant being a risky pick and there are issues over Seedsman's fitness (although I think if he gets a full run at it he'll be a great SC player). Don't be fooled by the Matthew Watson hype just yet. Six goals in an intra-club game as a key forward is not necessarily worthy of a spot in your team as he's at an awkward price. He'll be playing either KPD or KPF, so his scores will probably be inconsistent at best.

I feel like you need a set and forget and a mid-pricer in your rucks. If you can work the cash around to go something like Naitanui and Leuey (or Bellchambers, ASADA pending) you'll save yourself some hassle down the track. I've loved having Riewoldt in my side in season's past as he bucks the trend (generally) of KPF's being inconsistent scorers. However, I don't think he can back it up this year. Having said that he started the season on fire, but then faded mid-season. I feel like it's a trade waiting to happen when really you want someone you don't have to worry about there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back