Teams SC 2016 - My Team (NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menadue is doubtful for round one. I think he will only get about 10 games this year and average 60 - 70. Might be worth watching him next NAB Cup game but IMO Corey Ellis is ahead of him.

He is in my team for now.
He only needs to play 6-8 games in a row, after that you can say to him "Come closer Clarise..."

giphy.gif

View attachment 220670

Your thoughts BF Community
Not bad at all.

Thoughts for your consideration:

1. Ross Lyon said that the "fringe" players who played during NAB2 didn't impress him. This doesn't bode well for the likes of S.Collins and certainly doesn't suggest that Uebergang is in danger of getting a call up. S.Yarran is coming from a fair way back due to injury over pre-season, also probably not a likely option.

2. What is your "Plan B" should either Sheridan or Howe have two sub-par games in R1-2 and then get sent off to the VFL/WAFL? In the MID line, there are probably some downgrade options that you could trade out similarly priced players for. But in the DEF line, the sideways or downwards options are usually few, if any.

3. As a doggies supporter who has Dunkley for their avatar, I like the kid. A lot. But I rate his chances of playing R1 at less than 10% at this stage. Probably not an issue, assuming that we will end up having enough MID rookies to choose from this year.

Personally, I have the following team locked...

B: Bartel, XXX, XXX, XXX, Brown, Hartley (XXX, XXX)
M: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Ablett, Rockliff, Parker, Liberatore, XXX, XXX, XXX (XXX, XXX, XXX)
R: Goldstein, Gawn (XXX)
F: Martin, Barlow, Franklin, XXX, XXX, Kerridge (XXX, XXX)

Think im going to leave it like this until some rookies really start putting their hand up so I can then work out what my defence will look like.

Its a different approach to take for me (locking in the non negotiables, then rookies, then seeing what $ you are left with and what you can do with it).

Has anyone gone down this path before and how have they found it?

My team at the moment:

Around $16K left.

Happy with DEF, hope Sheridan goes well in NAB3 just to confirm he is in good form & playing a SC friendly role.

Happy with MID, I know I don't have Libba as I'm not taking the risk just personally what I'm doing, went Danger over Pendles (though of course think Pendles will score very well too). And don't worry about MID rookies yet still playing around with them.

Very happy with RUC (Yes no Goldy I know shhh) though sad Gawn played so well :'(

Pretty happy with FWDs, if Billings gets a 90+ in NAB2 then I'll feel a bit safer about him (not confident enough on Buddy, and was interested in Motlop but he's fatter than me so probz not).

SC 2016.jpg

This is what I have started with. VERY Premo/Rookie biased. Half of these guys are probably not even going to play and then I'll have to start again! But if they do.. wowee!
Yes. No Goldie.
upload_2016-3-1_14-24-51.png

M: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Ablett, Rockliff, Parker, Liberatore, XXX, XXX, XXX (XXX, XXX, XXX)

Think im going to leave it like this until some rookies really start putting their hand up so I can then work out what my defence will look like.

Its a different approach to take for me (locking in the non negotiables, then rookies, then seeing what $ you are left with and what you can do with it).

I can't believe that you don't have NRoo in your team, he will play mid most games and when he does he averages over 100.

Jimmy or the like.....

The only Super in Def is heater

The rest are unleaded , diesel or lpg
got me there mate!
still think ya gonna need to spend more than $450-$490.
I'm jumping on Rance this year...will at least hold in value if not improve.

Not bad at all.

Thoughts for your consideration:

1. Ross Lyon said that the "fringe" players who played during NAB2 didn't impress him. This doesn't bode well for the likes of S.Collins and certainly doesn't suggest that Uebergang is in danger of getting a call up. S.Yarran is coming from a fair way back due to injury over pre-season, also probably not a likely option.

2. What is your "Plan B" should either Sheridan or Howe have two sub-par games in R1-2 and then get sent off to the VFL/WAFL? In the MID line, there are probably some downgrade options that you could trade out similarly priced players for. But in the DEF line, the sideways or downwards options are usually few, if any.

3. As a doggies supporter who has Dunkley for their avatar, I like the kid. A lot. But I rate his chances of playing R1 at less than 10% at this stage. Probably not an issue, assuming that we will end up having enough MID rookies to choose from this year.

Cheers
1) rookies are place holders only. Uber taxi is my capt loophole at the moment
2) Aish and i have 1 other I'm looking at..not scared to.make a corrective trade IF REQD
3) rookies are place holders

got me there mate!
still think ya gonna need to spend more than $450-$490.
I'm jumping on Rance this year...will at least hold in value if not improve.

I see Rance dropping fwiw.
Had him last year and he was the cyril of defence, doubt it'll happen again

I rate the 500-450k club better than those above apart from heater and rory. Boyd appeals early McVeigh mite but put down soon, kade is older than yoda

I'm doing something similar myself, D1 to D3, and F4. Really hoping for an abundance of cheap rookies so I can take an extra premium

Really want Parker at M5, but it seems no matter how I try to work it I am giving up too much to make it fit.

Gotta love SC!! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really want Parker at M5, but it seems no matter how I try to work it I am giving up too much to make it fit.

Same here! Wish I could fit him in :(
Parker is a gun, will have a great year and is very underpriced.

I'm going stronger down back and up forward though, because 1. mid rookies always score the best and 2. there will be an abundance of decent mid options to pick from later in the year when I'm upgrading.

Having 3 mids to upgrade (I'm confident Libba will be a ~100 averaging keeper), I'm planning them to be JPK/Parker, Gray/Wines and Danger/Selwood. Never turns out how we plan though :) Damn SC haha :p

Same here! Wish I could fit him in :(
Parker is a gun, will have a great year and is very underpriced.

I'm going stronger down back and up forward though, because 1. mid rookies always score the best and 2. there will be an abundance of decent mid options to pick from later in the year when I'm upgrading.

Having 3 mids to upgrade (I'm confident Libba will be a ~100 averaging keeper), I'm planning them to be JPK/Parker, Gray/Wines and Danger/Selwood. Never turns out how we plan though :) Damn SC haha :p
upload_2016-3-1_16-36-9.png
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What does everyone think of this? Bit too safe in some areas i feel, unsure about some rooks. Hoping to get some advice on some
100k left in bank.
sh1T57.png

Below is the latest, looking at taking a few risks to get predominantly rookies right early on.
Backline a bit weak but the 3 x rookies on field are pretty strong I think to play most games, with solid cover around it.

OUT: Bartel, Wagner
IN: Lonergan, Weitering

I think Lonergan looks ready to have a huge year after dropping some serious weight in the pre-season and taking into consideration the mids injuries early on. Played the back 19 games last year after a torrid run, and looks fit and ready to rumble this year... Contested beast.

I'm about $1k short of going Keays > Petracca and opening up MF Link.
Struggling to find where I can accommodate, perhaps could go Milera > someone else.

Suggestions?

Below is the latest, looking at taking a few risks to get predominantly rookies right early on.
Backline a bit weak but the 3 x rookies on field are pretty strong I think to play most games, with solid cover around it.

OUT: Bartel, Wagner
IN: Lonergan, Weitering

I think Lonergan looks ready to have a huge year after dropping some serious weight in the pre-season and taking into consideration the mids injuries early on. Played the back 19 games last year after a torrid run, and looks fit and ready to rumble this year... Contested beast.

I'm about $1k short of going Keays > Petracca and opening up MF Link.
Struggling to find where I can accommodate, perhaps could go Milera > someone else.

Suggestions?

Lonergan? Good luck!

Lonergan? Good luck!
Yep. My big risk, but predicting big things.

Still wait and see, but I think with O'Meara, Swallow and Prestia out for a chunk early he will play a pivotal role in the midfield.

He has dropped 5kg and was BOG in the first NAB, if he continues that in next NAB, I will stick with him.

It has also meant I can upgrade iffy rookies to include now Weitering, Menadue and Milera.

image.jpg

I've been pretty set on this side for the majority of preseason, but came down to picking KK & Josh Kennedy or McVeigh & Parker. Probably won't be much in it but I can't trust KK just yet, think he'll hover around 80-85 and if starts well I'll upgrade to him.
Have 60k left over for rookie adjustments. Thoughts?

Yep. My big risk, but predicting big things.

Still wait and see, but I think with O'Meara, Swallow and Prestia out for a chunk early he will play a pivotal role in the midfield.

He has dropped 5kg and was BOG in the first NAB, if he continues that in next NAB, I will stick with him.

It has also meant I can upgrade iffy rookies to include now Weitering, Menadue and Milera.
So you've taken out Bartel to a guy who has shocking injury history and shit scoring history to upgrade 3 players who were 'iffy' to 2 that have never played and 1 guy who isn't best 22?
doesnt make sense to me but good luck!

View attachment 220969

I've been pretty set on this side for the majority of preseason, but came down to picking KK & Josh Kennedy or McVeigh & Parker. Probably won't be much in it but I can't trust KK just yet, think he'll hover around 80-85 and if starts well I'll upgrade to him.
Have 60k left over for rookie adjustments. Thoughts?
Your rookies look really rough, and your backline way overstacked.

Backline: Yeo huge risk still, Bartel will probably miss 4+ games.

Mids: Gore, Greenwood and Marcon will struggle to get games IMO... No Fyfe or Danger.

Rucks: Good, but you can't loophole GAJ for vice with Loersch.

Forwards: Markov has looked very average in NAB, otherwise decent.
Not sold on Zorko with a fit Beams, Rocky, Basti, Bell, Robinson, Hanely etc. means less mid time.

It looks like you have cheaped out on rookies to try and squeeze the last cents out of onfield, youo will miss out on solid cash generation due to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back