SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First go at it for the year! Still a long way out so will probably look a lot different come round 1!
upload_2016-2-6_16-27-31.png

lol yep I'm banking pretty heavily on my Blues knowledge.

We do have a lot of genuinely good cash cows/upgradable players this year though. The joys of finishing last!

True haha!

Blues players I got at moment are Cunningham, Kerridge & still debating Wines or Cripps.

I'm still so confused looking through everyones teams.

What is the benefit of having an extra defender (or forward) over a midfielder?

Ie, Brodie Smith over Shiel/Wines?

Surely the higher chance of points lies in the midfield?

Because the mid rookies generally score better (and thus make more money quicker) than the defence and forward rookies. We also usually get more mid rookie options than in def and fwd

Also has the best cash cows that score betyer and gain more cash is why.. a good team is balanced. Not heavy in just one area.

thanks guys, that makes sense. Hopefully this is good info for some others too.

Now, who to swap shiel for .... 47 days to go!

1st draft this year not sure whether to go with the 5 premium mids + Libba or the 4 premium forwards and not convinced Goldy is worth the price, suggestions welcome.

View attachment 212930
Get rid of one of the forwards and you can get Goldy and upgrade your rookies etc.
I like the overall structure. Risks in the backline and guns everywhere else. Really comes down to if you think 4 forward premos is a better option then having Goldy and spare cash.
Given me something to think about which is great. That's what this forum is mostly about.

Griffen- if he comes good will be a great pick
Lost 5kgs and will be dirty about his year last year
Tippett- if he gets number 1 ruck role will be a great pick
Motlop- wasn't very fit last year will get no attention this year will run around with out a care in the world

I believe the correct term is a Reverse Newnes. ;)

Pretty solid team mate.
With defense I doubt Durdin will play and even if he does he won't make much $ being a KPD. I also think there are better options than Yeo (Bartel, McVeigh, Laird).
Midfield is excellent no changes needed other than nailing rookies.
Issue I have with your rucks is that if you want to start with 2 premiums (Which is what you should do) I think you have to have Goldy, he'll be in most sides by the end of season and I it'll hurt you not having him.
Forward line is pretty good as well. Like the Zorko pick and I think Barlow is worth the punt at 500k.
All in all pretty good team just got to nail ur rookies and you'll be well on ur way to having a great season
There's a whisper that Tarrant might struggle to get up for round 1. Durdin or Neilson might come into consideration.

why do so many people have Morabito in their team?
He is on the rookie list and is unlikely to play any games.
i know that is only the 2nd week of feb, but why?

Wait for upgrades I spose. Most teams have 3 or more rookie listed players.
Everyone is mostly guessing at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, but wouldnt it be better to pick rookies who actually have a chance of playing
just my thoughts
Yeah 100% it would be. Now list me 16 rookies that will definately play round 1 and I'll be on my way. :D

Think ATM there's maybe 5 who look very likely. Preseason sucks, especially the last few weeks.

Because we have a spot on the main list to upgrade him straight away and he is absolutely killing it in training. Being played as a rebounding defender.

Yeah 100% it would be. Now list me 16 rookies that will definately play round 1 and I'll be on my way. :D

Think ATM there's maybe 5 who look very likely. Preseason sucks, especially the last few weeks.
haha i could try
i reckon there might be 5 or 6 as well. It would be great to pick 16 rookies who will play most of the year and be on my way, but we cant

And you you know this by not doing any research at all on the subject.

Morabito is actually doing really well. He's training as a Defender, playing on both talls and smalls. He's just about KP size these days. Definitely a role for him, if his knees hold up. He has the skills to be one of Freo's better players.

And you you know this by not doing any research at all on the subject.

Morabito is actually doing really well. He's training as a Defender, playing on both talls and smalls. He's just about KP size these days. Definitely a role for him, if his knees hold up. He has the skills to be one of Freo's better players.
i was saying that, thinking, that Freo didnt have a open spot on their main list to upgrade him....... i was not aware that they had an open spot
you cant say that i havent done any research.......i just havent done enough

uCQYD37.png

$84,600 remaining

Got home drunk from a 1st year birthday party (yeah I'm that guy) and had a play around with the team. In my drunken state I'm hoping Howe can cement a spot in the Hawthorn 22 attacking from the back half with stints on ball and average 80-90. I may end up downgrading Simpkin and Barlow and trade Howe to Docherty or a similar priced defender.

Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 9.53.46 pm.png

7ths would be better, but I tried to do it in a quick, but useable, format.

Would be good to see your analysis though.

Feel free to post it, would be keen to see the results.

Capture.JPG

Most rounds have either 6, 7 or 8 timeslots. Start times that only differ by about 30 minutes or less I considered to be the same.

Hard to know what point before the byes is the tipping point when you should expect to have an alternate loophole other than just your R3. I feel that it is often as soon as R5-R6. I have looked as far ahead as R11, but realistically this is way too far into the season and we will all have several players missing before this.

Loersch (GCS) is the best F/R for $102k over the first few rounds, when compared to Wyatt (Coll) and Chol (Rich). Loersch gives some capacity to loophole over each round, whereas both Coll and Rich have some rounds where they play the first or second timeslot.

Without needing F/R status however, Brisbane probably have the best potential for loophole of any club, followed closely by Fremantle (prior to R6) Sydney (prior to R5) and Western Bulldogs (prior to R6).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back