SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 212883

Most rounds have either 6, 7 or 8 timeslots. Start times that only differ by about 30 minutes or less I considered to be the same.

Hard to know what point before the byes is the tipping point when you should expect to have an alternate loophole other than just your R3. I feel that it is often as soon as R5-R6. I have looked as far ahead as R11, but realistically this is way to far into the season and we will all have several players missing before this.

Loersch (GCS) is the best F/R for $102k over the first few rounds, when compared to Wyatt (Coll) and Chol (Rich). Loersch gives some capacity to loophole over each round, whereas both Coll and Rich have some rounds where they play the first or second timeslot.

Without needing F/R status however, Brisbane probably have the best potential for loophole of any club, followed closely by Fremantle (prior to R6) Sydney (prior to R5) and Western Bulldogs (prior to R6).
Great work mate.

uCQYD37.png

$84,600 remaining
Good team. Exactly the same structure as me. Just have a couple of different premis and rookies. I like the Wingard pick I think he will have a big year

Got home drunk from a 1st year birthday party (yeah I'm that guy) and had a play around with the team. In my drunken state I'm hoping Howe can cement a spot in the Hawthorn 22 attacking from the back half with stints on ball and average 80-90. I may end up downgrading Simpkin and Barlow and trade Howe to Docherty or a similar priced defender.

View attachment 213018
Howe is carving it up in the preseason so far. Might be a risk that pays off. I'd stick with him throughout the NAB because this will be his breakout year

Hey guys,

Draft one for me however if you have any thoughts feel free to share. I realise Omeara might not play round 1 but ill leave him there just in case for now.

$120k left over

upload_2016-2-6_23-6-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-6_23-5-34.png
    upload_2016-2-6_23-5-34.png
    264 KB · Views: 4
View attachment 212883

Most rounds have either 6, 7 or 8 timeslots. Start times that only differ by about 30 minutes or less I considered to be the same.

Hard to know what point before the byes is the tipping point when you should expect to have an alternate loophole other than just your R3. I feel that it is often as soon as R5-R6. I have looked as far ahead as R11, but realistically this is way too far into the season and we will all have several players missing before this.

Loersch (GCS) is the best F/R for $102k over the first few rounds, when compared to Wyatt (Coll) and Chol (Rich). Loersch gives some capacity to loophole over each round, whereas both Coll and Rich have some rounds where they play the first or second timeslot.

Without needing F/R status however, Brisbane probably have the best potential for loophole of any club, followed closely by Fremantle (prior to R6) Sydney (prior to R5) and Western Bulldogs (prior to R6).
M king from melbourne the better loophole option I believe, lots of late games. 117 k though slightly dearer but allows VC loophole on ablett.

Except for rounds 1 and 2 that is. Sorry, don't agree that Melbourne is a better option because first two rounds are really important as most of your 30 players will be playing - hopefully all except your R3 that is.
I guess it depends who you have in your side, round 1 richmond vs carlton and round 2 richmond vs collingwood. So if you have say lids dusty and pendles there are a couple of good loophole options to pick from.

Not a bad lineup, although I do have a few question marks over some of the selections.

Interested in what brought you to pick Dunkley at this time of the year? I don't see him as any chance of playing R1 compared to the mids that we will have available (barring massive run of injuries between now and then).

Wells and Cockatoo are both yuck selections in my view. Cockatoo sucks at SC yet 15 minutes of NAB showtime on debut seems to have convinced many around here that he will somehow become a good scorer one day. I would pick Jed Anderson before Wells (both similar in price and position for SC), although I don't have any 200-300k players in my side. Just a horrible price range.

Don't resist the **** mate.

Rookies are just placeholders.

Yeah the 200-300k range is very awkward, but I had that much cash and wasn't sure how to invest it.

Griffen- if he comes good will be a great pick
Lost 5kgs and will be dirty about his year last year
Tippett- if he gets number 1 ruck role will be a great pick
Motlop- wasn't very fit last year will get no attention this year will run around with out a care in the world
Is Motlop still on his new testudine diet?

Gold Coast
Melbourne
Port
Geelong
Collingwood
Carlton

These teams play Essendon in Rounds 1-6.
Assuming Essendon will get flogged a lot this year, has anyone given consideration to picking players from these teams this year to maybe get off to a flyer?
So if you are tossing up between two players, perhaps pick the one who is playing Essendon early.
It was also mentioned here that later in the season players might be rested when playing Essendon.

Gold Coast
Melbourne
Port
Geelong
Collingwood
Carlton

Assuming Essendon will get flogged a lot this year, has anyone given consideration to picking players from these teams this year to maybe get off to a flyer?
So if you are tossing up between two players, perhaps pick the one who is playing Essendon early.
It was also mentioned here that later in the season players might be rested when playing Essendon.
Nah, apart from Port, those teams are at Essendopes level. :p Might even back the hashtaggers to win one of those.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast
Melbourne
Port
Geelong
Collingwood
Carlton

I'd rather not be playing Essendon early in the season. They'll be keen and raring to go early on. But after the initial burst stops and they have some big losses, the players motivation levels will go down and they could just become cannon fodder.

Except for rounds 1 and 2 that is. Sorry, don't agree that Melbourne is a better option because first two rounds are really important as most of your 30 players will be playing - hopefully all except your R3 that is.

In round 1 Gary plays Essendon. No looping required.
Round 2 M.King plays against Essendon. Just put the C on him. :D

Which M.King though? Max or Mitchell? Same price. Both fwd/ruc.
Mitch King is rookie listed and a first year player.

Max has been around for a year or two I think. Neither has played a game and nothing suggests they will.

Keep in mind Grimley signed with Essendon yesterday so depending on price he might become a lock.

EDIT: Edited for accuracy.

My team as of today - will probably change 109 times before round 1

McVeigh, Docherty, Smith, Malceski, Dea, Brown, Brown, Collins

Ablett, Rockliff, Wines, Mitchell, Priddis, Liberatore,B Crouch, Simpkin, M Kennedy, Cunningham, Freeman

Lobbe, Jamar, Currie

Martin, Dahlhaus, Zorko, Wells, B Kennedy, Kerridge, Cockatoo, Petracca

Ablett, Rockliff, Wines, Mitchell, Priddis, Liberatore,B Crouch, Simpkin, M Kennedy, Cunningham, Freeman

Lobbe, Jamar, Currie

Don't like that backline at all. I'd downgrade Simpkin/Kennedy and go Malceski to Bartel/Birchall.

Unsure on how I want to approach team structure.

Would people choose a team that had only 13-14 keepers, but that included Shaw/Dangerfield/Goldstein/Deledio + a forward rookie, or a team with 15-16 keepers that had Laird/Wines/Jacobs/Bennell + Wingard.

Basically asking 13-14 keepers with top premos v 15-16 keepers with premos

Hey guys,

Draft one for me however if you have any thoughts feel free to share. I realise Omeara might not play round 1 but ill leave him there just in case for now.

$120k left over

View attachment 213023
Not sure about the Weitering pick, as a KPD at 220k, its an awkward price, he will undoubtedly go up in price, but it may not be too much.
Having Gibbs, JOM and Wells in your midfield is mega risky, but good luck to you if it pays off.

The rest looks alright though, if you can afford it maybe upgrade Sinclair to Tippett, think he will score more.

Unsure on how I want to approach team structure.

Would people choose a team that had only 13-14 keepers, but that included Shaw/Dangerfield/Goldstein/Deledio + a forward rookie, or a team with 15-16 keepers that had Laird/Wines/Jacobs/Bennell + Wingard.

Basically asking 13-14 keepers with top premos v 15-16 keepers with premos
I'm leaning towards the 13-14 keepers (Top premo's) as there are a lot of mid pricers who are very tempting this year.

initial.JPG

This is what I'm currently running with. Not as strong as I'd like it to be.

Defense obviously needs a bit of looking into but I like the look of Howe and have been hearing great things about his pre-season and Supercoach potential due to his elite disposal efficiency. I initially had Duryea but the extra cash gave me a better ruck pairing.

A few too many mid pricers, but I think the likes of C. Ellis and Duggan will have big years. Simpkin is a ball magnet, and you can't ignore the **** (apparently).

Billings - gun.

Anyways, open to any and all criticism.

Lobbe, Jamar, Currie

I don't like that ruck combo at all.
I'd have at least one ruck premo, preferably two as well as a cheap R/F instead of Currie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back