SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But picking a POD who goes well WILL have a big effect on your final score, relative to all of those who have to trade into the same player during upgrade season.
And it could just as easy go against you. If you have a Premo POD that has a stinker it effects you more than if it is a common premo.

Any of your 30 selections could go against you. Not sure that is news to anyone.

Sorry, but I'm not able to follow that second part of your post?
Well you are saying if your POD has a good game it can put you further ahead of the pack because he is a unique pick.

I am saying that the reverse is just as possible. That your POD could have a bad game and it would put you further behind the pack because he is a unique pick to you.

That is clearer.

You seem to be explaining what a point of difference is though, like nobody understands this already?
No, You said that you thought he didn't have enough PODs in his team. You then said that PODs that do well have a big effect on your score.

I was pointing out that POD's are risky because they can just as easily do worse and negatively effect your score. In your post you were only pointing out the positives of having PODs.

McVeigh, Simpson, KK, Bartel, Byne, Bonner, Brown, Hartley
Fyfe, Pendles, Ablett, Shiel, Rockcliff, Duggan, Parish, Cuningham, Keays, Redman, Hibberd.M
Mumford, Lobbe, Whyatt
Martin, Wingard, Barlow/Green, Schache, Curnow, Kerridge, Kommer, Petracca
$159,000 left
13 Keepers so far

Rookies are place holders at the moment and once they are known ill be able to spend the rest of my cash.
Barlow/Green depends on nab cup and if they look to be getting more midfield time. If not they can become any one like Lids, Dahlhaus or even Shane Edwards as a pod.
I could upgrade Lobbe to any one.
Depending on McVeighs fitness he could also become a Boyd or Shaw.

Thoughts?

McVeigh, Simpson, KK, Bartel, Byne, Bonner, Brown, Hartley
Fyfe, Pendles, Ablett, Shiel, Rockcliff, Duggan, Parish, Cuningham, Keays, Redman, Hibberd.M
Mumford, Lobbe, Whyatt
Martin, Wingard, Barlow/Green, Schache, Curnow, Kerridge, Kommer, Petracca
$159,000 left
13 Keepers so far

Rookies are place holders at the moment and once they are known ill be able to spend the rest of my cash.
Barlow/Green depends on nab cup and if they look to be getting more midfield time. If not they can become any one like Lids, Dahlhaus or even Shane Edwards as a pod.
I could upgrade Lobbe to any one.
Depending on McVeighs fitness he could also become a Boyd or Shaw.

Thoughts?

I like it!
If you're able to try & upgrade Lobbe to a Martin/Blicavs/Gawn (Nic Nat has back tightness at moment so probably not him at moment).
Otherwise solid team! Think you could downgrade Schache (KPF not sure he'll score well enough) to someone cheaper to give you some more money to upgrade elsewhere :thumbsu:

Looking at your squad, I struggle to see 14 keepers in that list. You must be counting both Yeo and Liberatore as keepers. That is optimistic in my view.

Yeo was the 26th best defender last year. He might improve from 82 ave to 85 average, but I can't see him getting above 90.

Libba hasn't played a game in anger in over 12 months. He is value on his start price for sure, but whether he can get to an average of 110+ might be a stretch. The Bulldogs midfield now has a lot more competition for SC points than it did 2 years ago. Neither Dahlhaus or Bontempelli were regulars through the midfield two years ago for instance.

I reckon your squad will more likely need 10 upgrades rather than 8, meaning that you probably have less than 14 keepers in the initial lineup.

Thanks mate - appreciate the feedback.

Between now and R1 i would imagine that i may move from Yeo - i do have 58k to play with - on initial looks, i cant see a standout alternative for D3 - Bartel is somewhat appealing, but its a bit of a grey area for everyone atm isn't it :)

I'm keen on Libba for the long term, if he gets anything over the ton avg. again, it's a wait and see - i rate him exponentially higher than Polec/OMeara/Crouch (most of us do)

Cheers!

I like it!
If you're able to try & upgrade Lobbe to a Martin/Blicavs/Gawn (Nic Nat has back tightness at moment so probably not him at moment).
Otherwise solid team! Think you could downgrade Schache (KPF not sure he'll score well enough) to someone cheaper to give you some more money to upgrade elsewhere :thumbsu:

Sweet! Thanks mate, I'll Have a look now. Cheers

Good effort. My only worry for your team is that you haven't gone with many (any?) POD selections.

You have the top scorers from 2015 on every line. Does this make you at all nervous that some of them will drop some value by having a slow start? Relative to other coaches who might pick a value-POD who makes them some $$$ and becomes a keeper, you've gone full GnR and will be relying on your rookie picks to make all of your money.

I prefer to have a couple of mid-pricers, whereas you only have Libba (and so do more than 50% of the teams out there). Given your leftover cash situation, I'd be looking to start at least one more mid-pricer. The main benefit would be that your spare $150k would translate into extra points on the field over the early rounds when that extra mid-pricer scores 80s instead of the rookie who scores 60s.
Thanks for the feed back.:thumbsu:
I feel last years top scorers are just that for a reason and have show their worth over a number of years.
My top premos may score 5 points extra per player collectively which may equal that of 1 speculative
mid pricer anyway .
The 150k I have left can be used to buy a premo in the early early rounds which will have me a 15 premo team,
not a 12/13 premo 2 speculative mid pricer team which may or may not be performing.
OR...the extra cash which is only 1.5 % of our salary cap anyway, gives me a good look at how each line of my team is performing, and where a correction needs to be made. If there's a 300k bubble rookie for instance that I missed
I'll just grab him.

Last edited:
POD's are overrated big time.

The winner last year had very few POD's to start with. How you trade throughout the season has a much bigger effect on your final score than the POD's you have.
Agreed. :thumbsu:

Another thing the winner last year taught us was that it's not about how many "keepers" you start with, it's about picking the right premiums and the right rookies, which includes paying overs for the high price cash cows.
There's so many posts in this thread about people not having enough "keepers". Screw that! Pick the best premiums, pick the best cash cows (no matter the cost), and worry about upgrades when you have to!

He also left some $$$ in the bank (how much did we establish it was? $100,000+?)

And it could just as easy go against you. If you have a Premo POD that has a stinker it effects you more than if it is a common premo.

I don't remember what his ownership % was early last year, but my mid POD Parker really hurt my pre-bye ranking and league H2H matches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on the player though.

I wonder what Dangerfield's ownership was at rd1 last year?

Jacobs the year before?

I'd be guessing less than 10%.

The winner in 2014 had Gray, Zorko & Wingard from early on & these guys were hardly 'common' players.

But in essence I agree, less risks earlier on & trade those in form & on the move in price.

I've made a few changes since last time. Not sure on rookies like everyone. Also M Wright. Not sure on him however has averaged in 80s previously and I think was sub affected last couple years. 18k left.
View attachment 213512 View attachment 213513
Probably a few too many mid-pricers. I'd be downgrading a couple and putting the cash into a couple more premiums you can really rely on.

I'd start with Wright & Simpkin in the forward line, probably could find better options that are 100k cheaper.

View attachment 213509 View attachment 213510

thoughts everyone? obviously my rookies will be swapped around a fair bit.
my entire defence is what's worrying me at this stage..

also I have zero cash left in the cap
Thinking trade Yarran out however will probably need more cash bso trading out a couple of high price rookies maybe Hopper and Mills. Also Trengove I doubt starts this year but will be an upgrade target. Maybe upgrade Yarran to Yeo or Marley Williams.

Probably a few too many mid-pricers. I'd be downgrading a couple and putting the cash into a couple more premiums you can really rely on.

I'd start with Wright & Simpkin in the forward line, probably could find better options that are 100k cheaper.
thas my concern. I'm thinking Simpkin may be a starter however Wright not so sure.

Thinking trade Yarran out however will probably need more cash bso trading out a couple of high price rookies maybe Hopper and Mills. Also Trengove I doubt starts this year but will be an upgrade target. Maybe upgrade Yarran to Yeo or Marley Williams.
I have got malcheski and hooper out for Yeo.. I actually like yarrans scoring potential in a new environment, unless there are injury concerns?

trengroves in there because his cheep.. he might as well be a non name rookie to me ATM.

I have got malcheski and hooper out for Yeo.. I actually like yarrans scoring potential in a new environment, unless there are injury concerns?

trengroves in there because his cheep.. he might as well be a non name rookie to me ATM.
Fair enough on Trengove. Yarran I believe is not in full training due to a calf injury

This is how I'm looking at the moment.

DEF: McVeigh, Houli, K.Simpson, B.Smith, Byrne, Broad (Hartley, Bonner)
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Grehsam, Gore, Polkinghorne (Freeman, Cunningham, Keays)
RUC: Goldtsein, Martin (Loersch)
FWD: Martin, Dahlhaus, Franklin, Greene, Kerridge, Sumner (Petracca, Brown)

&18,600 in the kitty.

Tried to focus on consistency of playing and minimising scores <70 with my premiums.

Really hope McVeigh is fit and firing for round 1 otherwise it screws with my structure. Laird is the only other premium back around that price point that I'm keen on but I don't really want 2 Crows in the backline. The other option I'm considering is swapping McVeigh/Smith for Laird/Yeo but I'm not sold on either of them so I'm really hoping McVeigh gets up.

Tiny bit worried about Dahlhaus getting less midfield time this year but surely they'd be crazy to muck around with him too much after the season he had in 2015?

Obviously all the rookies are placeholders at this point.

View attachment 213509 View attachment 213510

thoughts everyone? obviously my rookies will be swapped around a fair bit.
my entire defence is what's worrying me at this stage..

also I have zero cash left in the cap
A little to many mid pricers for my liking. Pick the ones you think we do best and bring some rookies in their place.

The extra money will go a long way to getting in the big scoring premos like Goldy, Shaw and Lids.

Even if Wright does start his scoring history is rubbish, 16 games in 2015 and not one score over 80, steer clear would be my advice.
Average 88 in 2012 and 79 in 2014. I think last couple of years sub affected and maybe injury although not sure. I think he should be on NAB watchlist however as you said there could be better rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back