SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no point having that strong a midfield when the rest of your team is so risky. It wouldn't be that crazy for KK, Yeo and Rich to all come out and average 70 this year. Sure they've got plenty of upside, but it's just too many ifs without a safe pick

Forwards are the same. Sure Lyon said Barlow should get more midfield time, but of he doesn't you're stuffed. Sure Merrett could thrive with more responsibility, but if he doesn't you're stuffed.

This team has the potential to be really good if four or five ifs go your way. That's just too many ifs for me though

To me, even Aish to a rookie and upgrading Rich to Shaw makes your team look so much better. If it was me I'd also look at dropping one of your mids to try and sure your forward line up, but that's up to you
Cheers for the feedback. Understand there is plenty of risky selection but if I do go more safer picks the side starts looking more like everyone elses. NAB will sort out a few choices like Rich, Barlow, Aish and the rookie selections.

Contemplating biting the bullet and getting Fyfe in, but the compromise will be on backline.

Shaw, Rance, Weiterling, Francis, Hartley (Adams, Hibberd) and ???

I'm dumping Yeo in thinking that if i just go light in the backline to start, i can make some money, and bringing Fyfe in i can surely get those points that i am giving up back?

Toying with Mullet, Silvagni, Smedts, M Brown (wce)

Backline suicide, or makes sense?

Made a few changes.
D6EECHj.jpg
I like it. Similar side to me but with Tippett at F4.
Plenty of keepers, all the right premos. If KK and Rampe went nuts you would be in for a big year.

I prefer a rookie over billings this year. Interrupted pre season, I can't see him pushing up to a 95-100+ average which would make him a keeper.

Your backs and mids are currently a little shallow. The Billings trade would mean you could go Francis to a back premo, or just improve the backs and forwards you've already got
Leave billings alone!

image.jpeg

Sheridan, Lyons, Seedsman, Rosa prices are all discounted due to the sub rule last year :) all in best 22 and will play 20+ games if fit
Mullett Kennedy Conca Dea Simpkin are all in their teams best 22 when fit and are worth the extra $$ IMO
Mumford extremely injury prone :eek:, a nice POD to Goldy though.. i just can't justify the price tag now with 4 on the bench.
Prestia Shiel Bennell Barlow will avg 110+
O'meara probably won't play r1 but would rather get him in now and save a trade

a different team to most which is the main thing ;)

very happy with it pre NAB

View attachment 213599
There is mid-price madness....and then there is this!

Halve the number of mid-pricers and have a look at how much stronger your side would look.
I think you'll have a pretty hectic Thursday/Friday on the eve of Rd1 too. Some of the guys (Mullett, Seedsman, Conca, Dea, Kennedy, Simpkin, Grimley, even Rosa potentially) that you are predicting to be in starting 22's are borderline at best. Others (O'Meara, Freeman) are unlikely to be fit for Rd1.
I know none of us can predict who will get picked at this early stage, but you're leaving yourself quite a bit of work and potentially the need for total restructure on the eve of the season. A little too much uncertainty for my liking.

Unsure is Fyfe is too much of a risk given the injury cloud.
He will be a top 3 scorer this year. But he does break my rule of no preseason no picky pick.
So far Wingard is the only one who missed a few weeks although he was still running plus your need someone to upgrade to. As long as you have Danger, Pendles, Gaz, Rocky you should be fine.

There is mid-price madness....and then there is this!

Halve the number of mid-pricers and have a look at how much stronger your side would look.
I think you'll have a pretty hectic Thursday/Friday on the eve of Rd1 too. Some of the guys (Mullett, Seedsman, Conca, Dea, Kennedy, Simpkin, Grimley, even Rosa potentially) that you are predicting to be in starting 22's are borderline at best. Others (O'Meara, Freeman) are unlikely to be fit for Rd1.
I know none of us can predict who will get picked at this early stage, but you're leaving yourself quite a bit of work and potentially the need for total restructure on the eve of the season. A little too much uncertainty for my liking.

Appreciate the advice!

Pre NAB so i'm not expecting anyone to agree with it. Let's just wait and see ;)

Cheers for the feedback. Understand there is plenty of risky selection but if I do go more safer picks the side starts looking more like everyone elses. NAB will sort out a few choices like Rich, Barlow, Aish and the rookie selections.
The winner from last year had a starting side that looked like everyone elses ;)

He will be a top 3 scorer this year. But he does break my rule of no preseason no picky pick.
So far Wingard is the only one who missed a few weeks although he was still running plus your need someone to upgrade to. As long as you have Fyfe, Pendles, Gaz, Rocky you should be fine.
EFA

The winner from last year had a starting side that looked like everyone elses ;)

Agreed. It's the right trades at the right time that ultimately make the difference. You can see it in some of the retrospective "perfect trade" articles that have been made over the year - with hindsight, having a run of the mill side but making the right trades gets you 100s of points more than just nailing a team at the beginning of the year.

Trying something different this season and going all out in the mids.
D: K. Kolodjashnij, E. Yeo, D. Rich, J. Aish, M. Brown(ESS), M. Hartley.
(R. Bonner,K. Collins)
M: P. Dangerfield, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett, T. Rockliff, Fyfe , T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, C. Mills
(Parish, Kerridge, Polkinghorne)
R: T. Goldstein, M. Lobbe
(M. Chol)
F: D. Martin, Barlow, Merrett, Adams ,Petracca , N. Cockatoo
(Grimley, Rookie)

Thought process is that def and fwd is just too wide spread in who will be in the top tens so playing a bit of wait and see and upgrade when and where i can as they won't rise too much in price whereas mids can get pricey pretty quickly.

The problem with loading up in the MIDS is that they do get pricey quickly. Where will you make you're money?

You've then left yourself with no room to pick up fallen premos or breakouts on the bubble or just after, and you're stuck with what you've got unless you sideways trade.
Sideways trades are easiest way to burns trades without actually inproving your team all that much.

You'll spend all year and all your trades fixing your forwards and backs while the rest of us tweek them a tad and take all the higher scoring midfielders like a kid with a hundred buck note in a candy store.

This is what i have so far, got 102k in the bank. Not sold on my backline, mids i think are fine, forwards im not sure whether to try and upgrade wells or not....

View attachment 213605
Pretty nice team. Just keep an eye on Seedsman's role and Wells being.

Contemplating biting the bullet and getting Fyfe in, but the compromise will be on backline.

Shaw, Rance, Weiterling, Francis, Hartley (Adams, Hibberd) and ???

I'm dumping Yeo in thinking that if i just go light in the backline to start, i can make some money, and bringing Fyfe in i can surely get those points that i am giving up back?

Toying with Mullet, Silvagni, Smedts, M Brown (wce)

Backline suicide, or makes sense?

I dunno, I just feel like majority of the good rookies are up forward, so I'm more inclined to go light up front than down back.

Here's what I'm working with at the moment. Pretty much happy with the team/structure and I have 50k in the bank.

210lunr.jpg

Should be right up front assuming Ross sticks to his word and plays Barlow through the middle. The only alternatives I'm looking at are Dahl and Zorko, but in all honesty Barlow seems the least risky.

Dunno why, but gut is telling me to get Hopper in the midfield, but I'll wait off on that until NAB.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty nice team. Just keep an eye on Seedsman's role and Wells being.

Thanks mate, yeah they are definitely the two ill be keeping a close eye on. Any ideas on who else to target if they dont look much chop?

I prefer a rookie over billings this year. Interrupted pre season, I can't see him pushing up to a 95-100+ average which would make him a keeper.

Your backs and mids are currently a little shallow. The Billings trade would mean you could go Francis to a back premo, or just improve the backs and forwards you've already got
fair enough.....
i dont really want to go big on backs this year - i really like have 3 mid premos then rookies in def
I dont think im light on in the mid (fyfe, pendles, gaz, rocky, wines, libba)
happy with rucks
want to get Dahlhaus or Martin in (wasnt keen on Martin due to incident, but no doubt will be top 3 by end of season)

This is my latest version
a couple of risks - kinda want to get Crouch in and get a decent fwd instead of Billings (dahlhaus or Zorko)
like this structure
Thoughts?

dc43203a50850992d761aa839f169c42.png

You don't need Crouch. Your midfield is already stacked and you need room for cash cow mids and upgrades later on.
You're structure leaves you very light in the backline. Thats a 0/3/5 set up. Not one premo.
Your forawrd line suffers a little too.
Wingard is a top 10 so premo, Barlow questionable and Merrett and Billings risky midpricers. 1/3/4

Rucks awesome, lock the away. 2/0/1

Mids a little too heavy with Libba at M6 and not M5. A 5/1/5 structure.
Drop one premo mid, that's where you can free up cash, plus maybe get rid of Billings all together.*

*He's shit and I can feel a meme coming along and that makes me happy.

Sure it does!

If he is right for r2-3 i want him in from the start instead of burning a trade to get him in.
If you put a dollar value on the points you're scoring it'll cost you 700k worth of points in the first 2 rounds if he doesn't play.

You've gotta be milking every point you can from the get go, O'meara sitting on your bench puts you behind the pack straight away.

You don't need Crouch. Your midfield is already stacked and you need room for cash cow mids and upgrades later on.
You're structure leaves you very light in the backline. Thats a 0/3/5 set up. Not one premo.
Your forawrd line suffers a little too.
Wingard is a top 10 so premo, Barlow questionable and Merrett and Billings risky midpricers. 1/3/4

Rucks awesome, lock the away. 2/0/1

Mids a little too heavy with Libba at M6 and not M5. A 5/1/5 structure.
Drop one premo mid, that's where you can free up cash, plus maybe get rid of Billings all together.*

*He's shit and I can feel a meme coming along and that makes me happy.
:eek: :drunk: :$ :p :cool:

Thanks mate, yeah they are definitely the two ill be keeping a close eye on. Any ideas on who else to target if they dont look much chop?
If you get rid of Wells to a mid rookie and move Petracca foward it will make you 120k.
Add the 120k to Seedsman and turn him into Smith who is a proven scorer.

If Wells does enough for you during NAB you can still roll the dice on him.
Any reason you don't have Goldy?

I dunno, I just feel like majority of the good rookies are up forward, so I'm more inclined to go light up front than down back.

Here's what I'm working with at the moment. Pretty much happy with the team/structure and I have 50k in the bank.

210lunr.jpg

Should be right up front assuming Ross sticks to his word and plays Barlow through the middle. The only alternatives I'm looking at are Dahl and Zorko, but in all honesty Barlow seems the least risky.

Dunno why, but gut is telling me to get Hopper in the midfield, but I'll wait off on that until NAB.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.
I don't necessarily think you are all that light up forward. A lot of teams I am seeing have 3 premo and 1 mid pricer, and often the 3 premo's are less sure things than what you have.
Fairly well balanced side I would have thought :thumbsu:

If you get rid of Wells to a mid rookie and move Petracca foward it will make you 120k.
Add the 120k to Seedsman and turn him into Smith who is a proven scorer.

If Wells does enough for you during NAB you can still roll the dice on him.
Any reason you don't have Goldy?

Yeah good point, could definitely move Petracca forward. I had Smith last year and he burnt me big time, but pending his NAB form i might give him another chance.

Goldy is the one that is killing me at the moment, i really want to get him but its just a money thing, i had him from day 1 last year and it was amazing. I think Martin and Jacobs will put up some good numbers this year, that extra 100k from Martin to Goldy is really killing me. Knowing me ill probably change to Goldy just before round 1 :p

Yeah, nah. :p

I always start the year with the true locks. Not the most expensive players who average lots but the guys who scores the most total points for the year.
Danger and Pendles, proven, durable, Top 5 last year locked in.
My risks are GAJ, Rocky and Wines/Libba.
All coming back from injury plauged seasons. Normally I'd avoid all of them. BUT GAJ and Rocky are well under priced and both have gone 125+ before putting them out of reach before the byes, so I'm starting with them.
So is everyone else mind you.

Now if anyone is going to drop a little in price and miss games here and there it's Fyfe. Unlike the guys mentioned above he now has a guy who averages 100 coming in, Neale a top 20 contested player for the league putting his hand up, a coach who wants to play a former 110+ player in Barlow back on the ball and to top it all off his back is ****ed.

He ranked 16th in points overall. Even Gaff and Neale scored more. Wait till he misses a few games.
He missed games 6,7 and 23 in 2013. Games 3,4,22 and 23 for 2014, 18,19, 22 and 23 in 2015.
Every year he misses two in a row. Hasn't played a full season yet and only 19,18,18 in his last 3 years.

Trading in guys who have already missed games doesn't hurt you as much as them eating dounts on your bench. Last year you could've started with Amrmitage at 500k and he would've got you closer to the car than Fyfe did.

I know I sound crazy, cos I am, but this is a game on numbers and although I wouldn't have started with Armo over Fyfe last year, the numbers don't lie. Armo would have saved you money and scored you more points for the year.

fair enough.....
i dont really want to go big on backs this year - i really like have 3 mid premos then rookies in def
I dont think im light on in the mid (fyfe, pendles, gaz, rocky, wines, libba)
happy with rucks
want to get Dahlhaus or Martin in (wasnt keen on Martin due to incident, but no doubt will be top 3 by end of season)
I meant to say fwds not mids, my bad

Fair enough regarding backs. I just reckon if you're going 3 premos you should make sure there's a little more security. There were teams last year that started three rookies and had lumumba at d3 (*cough rampaige cough*). Bartel should be fairly safe, especially early in the year but both Yeo and Smith could bomb out and average 70, which would be catastrophic

210lunr.jpg

Any thoughts?

Cheers.
No Lids, Goldy or Shaw really makes a differnece. There's nothing wrong with this team at all even though you don't have those top super premos on each line.
Gives you the cash for KK at D4 while some a running him at D1/D2.
And you still retain Libba at M6.

Not a bad structure, especially if KK and Barlow fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back