SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I'm looking at the moment.

DEF: McVeigh, Houli, K.Simpson, B.Smith, Byrne, Broad (Hartley, Bonner)
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Grehsam, Gore, Polkinghorne (Freeman, Cunningham, Keays)
RUC: Goldtsein, Martin (Loersch)
FWD: Martin, Dahlhaus, Franklin, Greene, Kerridge, Sumner (Petracca, Brown)

Hard to argue against your choices. I like Simpson and Smith but both burned me last year. I want to trust Smith again but it's difficult to forget how wrong it all turned out after I picked him up at top price.

Simpson just doesn't excite me any more. Too many 70-90 scores, and having him in my team was just a bit underwhelming too often.

Made a few changes.
D6EECHj.jpg

Made a few changes.
D6EECHj.jpg

No Barlow is a risk. RTB is going to play him in mids again and much less time forward. If he fires then you basically lose because everyone else has him, like Swan last year. I don't see why not Barlow>Tippett.

Shaw, Fyfe and Goldy suffocate the rest of your midfield a bit. Petracca should be in the fwd line, Kerridge is injury prone and Yarran wont score highly. Doubt we will get any other good 120k fwd rookies.

Kolodashjnij, Docherty, Yeo, Smith, Brown, Bonner (Hartley, Collins)
Pendlebury, Ablett, Shiel, Parker, Wines, Libretore, Crouch, Jansen (Gore, Keays, Sier)
Goldstein, Lobbe (Loersch)
Martin, Dahlhaus, Wingard, Simpkin, Cockatoo, Kerridge (Petracca, Kommer)

Dunno if I'm too mid priced in the back half or not. I haven't seen Doc used much so far this year but he was incredibly steady for me last season.
I might have put too much into the midfield and not enough into the forwards, so I may take Wines or Parker out and replace them with a premo forward. I just didn't really love forward options.
I think Lobbe is a winner as the second ruck... allows for extra cash to be spent elsewhere.
Rookies are far from set - I honestly stole most of them from people here. :p

Wright is too expensive. He is an okay player but doesn't do much damage with the ball. I'd expect him to be best 22.

I don't. Will be in and out of the team, just like at Adelaide.

Unsure is Fyfe is too much of a risk given the injury cloud.
Injury cloud was very early preseason and has basically dissipated. Don't overthink it.

No Barlow is a risk. RTB is going to play him in mids again and much less time forward. If he fires then you basically lose because everyone else has him, like Swan last year. I don't see why not Barlow>Tippett.

Shaw, Fyfe and Goldy suffocate the rest of your midfield a bit. Petracca should be in the fwd line, Kerridge is injury prone and Yarran wont score highly. Doubt we will get any other good 120k fwd rookies.
Not any 120k rookies what's that?

Nab isn't even here yet LOL.

Having Heater, Goldy & Fyfe HELPS he's team, I don't have Barlow. Ross Lyon talks shit this time of year, why would he tell randoms
on a website where he plans to play Barlow?

Not any 120k rookies what's that?

Nab isn't even here yet LOL.

Having Heater, Goldy & Fyfe HELPS he's team, I don't have Barlow. Ross Lyon talks shit this time of year, why would he tell randoms
on a website where he plans to play Barlow?
What did Lyon origionally say. The people who make the game I assume have moved Barlow fwd/mid for a reason.
Was Barlow just spending more time forward last year?

This is how I'm looking at the moment.

DEF: McVeigh, Houli, K.Simpson, B.Smith, Byrne, Broad (Hartley, Bonner)
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Grehsam, Gore, Polkinghorne (Freeman, Cunningham, Keays)
RUC: Goldtsein, Martin (Loersch)
FWD: Martin, Dahlhaus, Franklin, Greene, Kerridge, Sumner (Petracca, Brown)

&18,600 in the kitty.

Tried to focus on consistency of playing and minimising scores <70 with my premiums.

Really hope McVeigh is fit and firing for round 1 otherwise it screws with my structure. Laird is the only other premium back around that price point that I'm keen on but I don't really want 2 Crows in the backline. The other option I'm considering is swapping McVeigh/Smith for Laird/Yeo but I'm not sold on either of them so I'm really hoping McVeigh gets up.

Tiny bit worried about Dahlhaus getting less midfield time this year but surely they'd be crazy to muck around with him too much after the season he had in 2015?

Obviously all the rookies are placeholders at this point.

Solid base there. Structure very similar to mine and a few others. I don't like Simpson personally, only bc he will be on 60-70 at 3/4 time too often. Sure, he'll end up junking it 100 more often than not, but he did my head in in the process.

Kolodashjnij, Docherty, Yeo, Smith, Brown, Bonner (Hartley, Collins)
Pendlebury, Ablett, Shiel, Parker, Wines, Libretore, Crouch, Jansen (Gore, Keays, Sier)
Goldstein, Lobbe (Loersch)
Martin, Dahlhaus, Wingard, Simpkin, Cockatoo, Kerridge (Petracca, Kommer)

Dunno if I'm too mid priced in the back half or not. I haven't seen Doc used much so far this year but he was incredibly steady for me last season.
I might have put too much into the midfield and not enough into the forwards, so I may take Wines or Parker out and replace them with a premo forward. I just didn't really love forward options.
I think Lobbe is a winner as the second ruck... allows for extra cash to be spent elsewhere.
Rookies are far from set - I honestly stole most of them from people here. :p

I like the Docherty selection. Training very well and will be a lot more involved this year. Could spend time through the midfield and with the new Bolton game plan will probably have more possessions.

Injury cloud was very early preseason and has basically dissipated. Don't overthink it.
I agree, I don't think the injury is a concern at all. From what I can piece together, he was never completely 'cotton-wooled', continued running on a reduced load virtually the whole time.
My rationale for not picking him (at least at this stage, likely I get twitchy on the eve of the season and blow-up my whole team to get him in :drunk:) is more to do with the potential of him spending less time in the middle, as Ross has mooted. Ross doesn't often play games, normally tells it like it is. He only has to be slightly off his supreme form of last year for his price to tumble quite a ways. I'll be crossing my fingers and toes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying something different this season and going all out in the mids.
D: K. Kolodjashnij, E. Yeo, D. Rich, J. Aish, M. Brown(ESS), M. Hartley.
(R. Bonner,K. Collins)
M: P. Dangerfield, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett, T. Rockliff, Fyfe , T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, C. Mills
(Parish, Kerridge, Polkinghorne)
R: T. Goldstein, M. Lobbe
(M. Chol)
F: D. Martin, Barlow, Merrett, Adams ,Petracca , N. Cockatoo
(Grimley, Rookie)

Thought process is that def and fwd is just too wide spread in who will be in the top tens so playing a bit of wait and see and upgrade when and where i can as they won't rise too much in price whereas mids can get pricey pretty quickly.

What did Lyon origionally say. The people who make the game I assume have moved Barlow fwd/mid for a reason.
Was Barlow just spending more time forward last year?

Barlow spent quite a bit of time forward last year as Neale moved into the mids. Basically every second game was a write-off as he made next to no impact forward of the ball. When he was on the ball he still scored well. 10 games above 100, another two at 99... but another seven games at the mid-70s or lower.

(R. Bonner,K. Collins)
M: P. Dangerfield, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett, T. Rockliff, Fyfe , T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, C. Mills
(M. Chol)
(Grimley, Rookie)

Thought process is that def and fwd is just too wide spread in who will be in the top tens so playing a bit of wait and see and upgrade when and where i can as they won't rise too much in price whereas mids can get pricey pretty quickly.

Not too bad mate but I would consider the following:

- Personally wouldn't have Rich ahead of say Brodie Smith down back.

- Aish won't play in our Round 1 team, from training reports on our forum hes behind the main group at training at the minute (Could well change however)

- I think you need to consider upgrading Lobbe unless you think he can keep his spot and make you enough cash to trade up.

- Barlow not sold on his SC output along with his role in the Dockers team to warrant the 500k, plenty of other options. Luke Dahlhaus for mine.

I've made a few changes since last time. Not sure on rookies like everyone. Also M Wright. Not sure on him however has averaged in 80s previously and I think was sub affected last couple years. 18k left.
View attachment 213512 View attachment 213513
Backline is far too risky. They all have the potential to go 90+, but none of them have actually proven it yet. Yeo has shown his scoring potential but I have a sneaking suspicion he will continue to be thrown around. Rich again has upside, but is he really that good a supercoach player. Won't be scoring what you'd like if he stays in the back half. Even if he goes into the middle, there are a lot of points to be shared in that lions midfield. Smith I'll probably take as well, has a lot of upside, but he could just stagnate again. Even KK could bomb out this year
You could probably get away with two or three risks if you were tying it down with a Shaw, but I think your potential scoring range from your 4 current backs is 250-450, which is a very low minumum

Wright to a rookie would mean you could bring in Shaw for Rich

I also personally think you're leaving yourself short a rookie spot in the middle too but that will become more clear after the nab. There aren't many rookies crying out pick me just yet I guess

This is my latest version
a couple of risks - kinda want to get Crouch in and get a decent fwd instead of Billings (dahlhaus or Zorko)
like this structure
Thoughts?

dc43203a50850992d761aa839f169c42.png

Sheridan, Lyons, Seedsman, Rosa prices are all discounted due to the sub rule last year :) all in best 22 and will play 20+ games if fit
Mullett Kennedy Conca Dea Simpkin are all in their teams best 22 when fit and are worth the extra $$ IMO
Mumford extremely injury prone :eek:, a nice POD to Goldy though.. i just can't justify the price tag now with 4 on the bench.
Prestia Shiel Bennell Barlow will avg 110+
O'meara probably won't play r1 but would rather get him in now and save a trade

a different team to most which is the main thing ;)

very happy with it pre NAB

upload_2016-2-9_10-3-54.png

This is what i have so far, got 102k in the bank. Not sold on my backline, mids i think are fine, forwards im not sure whether to try and upgrade wells or not....

Supercoach2016v1.png

I agree, I don't think the injury is a concern at all. From what I can piece together, he was never completely 'cotton-wooled', continued running on a reduced load virtually the whole time.
My rationale for not picking him (at least at this stage, likely I get twitchy on the eve of the season and blow-up my whole team to get him in :drunk:) is more to do with the potential of him spending less time in the middle, as Ross has mooted. Ross doesn't often play games, normally tells it like it is. He only has to be slightly off his supreme form of last year for his price to tumble quite a ways. I'll be crossing my fingers and toes
Pretty sure Ross said the same thing last year & what happens Fyfe doesn't go below 100 before the bye. Good luck.

(R. Bonner,K. Collins)
(M. Chol)
(Grimley, Rookie)

There's no point having that strong a midfield when the rest of your team is so risky. It wouldn't be that crazy for KK, Yeo and Rich to all come out and average 70 this year. Sure they've got plenty of upside, but it's just too many ifs without a safe pick

Forwards are the same. Sure Lyon said Barlow should get more midfield time, but of he doesn't you're stuffed. Sure Merrett could thrive with more responsibility, but if he doesn't you're stuffed.

This team has the potential to be really good if four or five ifs go your way. That's just too many ifs for me though

To me, even Aish to a rookie and upgrading Rich to Shaw makes your team look so much better. If it was me I'd also look at dropping one of your mids to try and sure your forward line up, but that's up to you

This is my latest version
a couple of risks - kinda want to get Crouch in and get a decent fwd instead of Billings (dahlhaus or Zorko)
like this structure
Thoughts?

dc43203a50850992d761aa839f169c42.png
I prefer a rookie over billings this year. Interrupted pre season, I can't see him pushing up to a 95-100+ average which would make him a keeper.

Your backs and mids are currently a little shallow. The Billings trade would mean you could go Francis to a back premo, or just improve the backs and forwards you've already got

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back