SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah good point, could definitely move Petracca forward. I had Smith last year and he burnt me big time, but pending his NAB form i might give him another chance.

Goldy is the one that is killing me at the moment, i really want to get him but its just a money thing, i had him from day 1 last year and it was amazing. I think Martin and Jacobs will put up some good numbers this year, that extra 100k from Martin to Goldy is really killing me. Knowing me ill probably change to Goldy just before round 1 :p
I was the opposite late year. Had Smith, got burnt, still likely to start with him.
Didn't have Goldy untill round 5/6 last year. This year he's a lock.

I find the way to get the super premos in your team is to start fresh, add them in then add rookies and work out what you can afford inbetween. Your premos and playing rookies should be set, the speculative picks and discounted players should be the last ones you decide on.

Yeah, nah. :p

I always start the year with the true locks. Not the most expensive players who average lots but the guys who scores the most total points for the year.
Danger and Pendles, proven, durable, Top 5 last year locked in.
My risks are GAJ, Rocky and Wines/Libba.
All coming back from injury plauged seasons. Normally I'd avoid all of them. BUT GAJ and Rocky are well under priced and both have gone 125+ before putting them out of reach before the byes, so I'm starting with them.
So is everyone else mind you.

Now if anyone is going to drop a little in price and miss games here and there it's Fyfe. Unlike the guys mentioned above he now has a guy who averages 100 coming in, Neale a top 20 contested player for the league putting his hand up, a coach who wants to play a former 110+ player in Barlow back on the ball and to top it all off his back is stuffed.

He ranked 16th in points overall. Even Gaff and Neale scored more. Wait till he misses a few games.
He missed games 6,7 and 23 in 2013. Games 3,4,22 and 23 for 2014, 18,19, 22 and 23 in 2015.
Every year he misses two in a row. Hasn't played a full season yet and only 19,18,18 in his last 3 years.

Trading in guys who have already missed games doesn't hurt you as much as them eating dounts on your bench. Last year you could've started with Amrmitage at 500k and he would've got you closer to the car than Fyfe did.

I know I sound crazy, cos I am, but this is a game on numbers and although I wouldn't have started with Armo over Fyfe last year, the numbers don't lie. Armo would have saved you money and scored you more points for the year.
You make a good point, it so very frustrating having a premium miss games
I seriously hope Fyfe doesn't line up in round 1

Sure it does!

If he is right for r2-3 i want him in from the start instead of burning a trade to get him in.
Assuming he's not right round 1, why not take him out for a rookie and bank the cash. Sounds like a waste of a trade but hear me out

What if he misses the first 4 or 5 games, or even the first half of the season? You'd have to trade him out at some stage
Chances are you won't nail all your rookies anyway. Normally at least one bombs out. If it happens you'll still have cash to trade him straight to O'meara when he comes back in.
If no rookies are duds for you and O'meara plays round 2 or 3 then at least you'll make yourself 50k in the process

If O'meara plays round 1 then obviously you start him given how set on him you seem

FWIW though if he doesn't play round 1 I couldn't see him playing at all during the first month. A week doesn't make a huge difference in a long term injury like his

upload_2016-2-9_12-43-0.png

Getting closer now. Happy with that Backline.

Mids has 4 loaded guns on it with Libba and Crouch as a sweeteners.

Rucks set and forget.

Fwds are what I'll most likely fiddle with from here along with selecting the correct cashy cowies.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
The problem with loading up in the MIDS is that they do get pricey quickly. Where will you make you're money?

You've then left yourself with no room to pick up fallen premos or breakouts on the bubble or just after, and you're stuck with what you've got unless you sideways trade.
Sideways trades are easiest way to burns trades without actually inproving your team all that much.

You'll spend all year and all your trades fixing your forwards and backs while the rest of us tweek them a tad and take all the higher scoring midfielders like a kid with a hundred buck note in a candy store.
I see your point. One less premo to a rookie and split that cash between fwd and def. Play the long game rather than the short term;)

Barlow spent quite a bit of time forward last year as Neale moved into the mids. Basically every second game was a write-off as he made next to no impact forward of the ball. When he was on the ball he still scored well. 10 games above 100, another two at 99... but another seven games at the mid-70s or lower.
Thanks man. Seems weird then every man and his dog telling me that Barlow is a lock. With those averages he might be a good F5 or F6!
He may also spend more time forward and actually reduce his output further. How are you reading into it? Are you seriously considering him? Now for mine, I'm not so sure! :footy:

He will be a top 3 scorer this year. But he does break my rule of no preseason no picky pick.
So far Wingard is the only one who missed a few weeks although he was still running plus your need someone to upgrade to. As long as you have Danger, Pendles, Gaz, Rocky you should be fine.
Every year, I break one or two of my Golden Rules. Leaves my season in absolute tatters by round 6.
This year, I'm not going to break a single Golden Rule.

Food for thought.

You don't need Crouch. Your midfield is already stacked and you need room for cash cow mids and upgrades later on.
You're structure leaves you very light in the backline. Thats a 0/3/5 set up. Not one premo.
Your forawrd line suffers a little too.
Wingard is a top 10 so premo, Barlow questionable and Merrett and Billings risky midpricers. 1/3/4

Rucks awesome, lock the away. 2/0/1

Mids a little too heavy with Libba at M6 and not M5. A 5/1/5 structure.
Drop one premo mid, that's where you can free up cash, plus maybe get rid of Billings all together.*

*He's shit and I can feel a meme coming along and that makes me happy.
The thing is none of the back primos leave me feeling confident at all. Its a funny time, a changing of the guard, I'm just not good enough at this caper to predict the next backline primos.
So, this year I will only choose 3 back primos and hope to god,buddah whatever, that they do ok.

Zorko in the forward line? Sorry if this has been touched on already.
I've currently got Zorko slotted into my forward line, but there's talk that he might actually spend more time in the forward line on the actual field. Is he overpriced if he ends up playing as a forward this year? Who would people consider to be a good alternative, either similarly priced, or being able to save a little cash on the side?

Thanks man. Seems weird then every man and his dog telling me that Barlow is a lock. With those averages he might be a good F5 or F6!
He may also spend more time forward and actually reduce his output further. How are you reading into it? Are you seriously considering him? Now for mine, I'm not so sure! :footy:
He's currently in, but only in the last day or so and could easily go out again.

Everyone that's keen on him is jumping on Lyon's statements that they need to get him back into the centre. This is also the coach that is fairly well-known for being deceptive on his plans at any given point so I don't think we can trust those statements.

Zorko in the forward line? Sorry if this has been touched on already.
I've currently got Zorko slotted into my forward line, but there's talk that he might actually spend more time in the forward line on the actual field. Is he overpriced if he ends up playing as a forward this year? Who would people consider to be a good alternative, either similarly priced, or being able to save a little cash on the side?

Are you Krujan 's other account ;)

But Zorko is an interesting one he can pump out some massive scores but also some really low ones.
I won't be going near him this year, don't doubt he will score well I just at the moment prefer Wingard at that F2 spot.

Yeah, nah. :p

Trading in guys who have already missed games doesn't hurt you as much as them eating dounts on your bench. Last year you could've started with Amrmitage at 500k and he would've got you closer to the car than Fyfe did.

I know I sound crazy, cos I am, but this is a game on numbers and although I wouldn't have started with Armo over Fyfe last year, the numbers don't lie. Armo would have saved you money and scored you more points for the year.

Technically yes.
But really would depend who you had on your bench when fyfe was missing matches. If you had a rookie subbing in for him scoring 70+ you're only loosing out on 50 or less points rather then 120.

View attachment 213629

Getting closer now. Happy with that Backline.

Mids has 4 loaded guns on it with Libba and Crouch as a sweeteners.

Rucks set and forget.

Fwds are what I'll most likely fiddle with from here along with selecting the correct cashy cowies.

Thoughts?

Looks like a very solid team. Can see Robbie gray dropping a little bit this year because of a bit more forward timethough. If you're looking for someone different maybe a jpk type.

I also feel the same about dahlhaus. Keep an eye on him in the nab to see where he's playing.

Like the general structure even though there's a few that won't make my team in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you Krujan 's other account ;)

But Zorko is an interesting one he can pump out some massive scores but also some really low ones.
I won't be going near him this year, don't doubt he will score well I just at the moment prefer Wingard at that F2 spot.
Thanks for the reply. Who's Krujan? I've only posted in here a couple times and I'm not familiar with the regulars (generally stick to the Carlton boards).

Haha don't worry he just loves Cripps & wants us all to pick him in our teams so :p
Ah, fair enough. I don't blame him (also don't blame others from being gun shy on him). I've got him in mine and I'd be hard pressed to be swayed to drop him.
I think he's going to excel under Bolton and with a core mid group of Cripps, Murphy, Gibbs, Curnow and maybe Thomas and Graham, clubs won't be able to put all of their attention on just stopping him. Not saying we are going to be a great team, but we do have a reasonably strong midfield if they can stay healthy.

Ah, fair enough. I don't blame him (also don't blame others from being gun shy on him). I've got him in mine and I'd be hard pressed to be swayed to drop him.
I think he's going to excel under Bolton and with a core mid group of Cripps, Murphy, Gibbs, Curnow and maybe Thomas and Graham, clubs won't be able to put all of their attention on just stopping him. Not saying we are going to be a great team, but we do have a reasonably strong midfield if they can stay healthy.

I was close to getting him but chose Wines over him just.

The team at the moment

Defense: Boyd, Birchall, Williams, Yeo, Hurn, Byrne Bench Browne, Rice

Mids: Danger, Pendles, Rocky, Libba, Jaeger, Kerridge, Morrabito, Cunningham, Bench Freeman, Polkinghorne, Mathieson

Rucks: Blicavs, Nicnat, Bench Grimley

Fwds: Lids, Dusty, Barlow, Buddy, Simpkin, Petracca, Bench Sumner, Kommer

Spent a lot in defense and tried to be a little different. Birch and Hurn are proven and still cheap. Williams and Yeo my breakout contenders

Gone light in the mids just because i think with Jaeger and Libba that they'll still generate plenty of points in there. If Jaeger doesn't line up rd 1 he'll become crouch so the structure doesn't change but until he's definitely not will be in my team.

Looking to go Boyd to Mcveigh hopefully at Boyds rest after he's torn it up and Mcveigh is starting to get into it.

Trying to get Currie to R3 with no FWD RUCK required

using the freo kid with the bizarre surname..chaingang as my captain emergency

View attachment 213655

Good Hawks vibe in that backline :thumbsu:

Duryea is an interesting pick. Steadily improving every year; if you minus the sub affected games last year his average goes up nicely. Howe will get games imo and has scope to rotate into the midfield, not sure whether that will happen this year though.

Good Hawks vibe in that backline :thumbsu:

Duryea is an interesting pick. Steadily improving every year; if you minus the sub affected games last year his average goes up nicely. Howe will get games imo and has scope to rotate into the midfield, not sure whether that will happen this year though.

I'm a big Taylor fan

I look at is as 15 keepers (Including Libba) plus potential ruck cover which will save me a trade if and when Goldy or Stef miss a single game
Dusty can become Lids if i downgrade Blakely to a 120k rookie

I'm a big Taylor fan

I look at is as 15 keepers (Including Libba) plus potential ruck cover which will save me a trade if and when Goldy or Stef miss a single game
Dusty can become Lids if i downgrade Blakely to a 120k rookie

What average are you expecting from both Duryea and Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back