SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on the NAB form, i think my shell means that i can chop and change without making massive shifts:

Thinking i can actually go Shiel -> Priddis (loving that thought)

Anderson can be downgraded to a rook and give me $100k

Otherwise changes would be either enforced by injury, or rookie to rookie with minimal $ diff.

Cheers!

Love that you have managed to post your own team then give your own team a rundown in another post? :confused:

Perhaps comment on others teams as well if expecting some feedback on your own feedback?

Take 2

Taking a slight risk in defence but allows me to go strong in other areas...I think

Docherty, Yeo, Johnson, Smith, Dea, Collins, Brown, Brown

Ablett, Pridis, Rockliff, Wines, Liberatore, B Crouch, Wells, Polec, Cunnigham, Polkinghorn Freeman

Naitanui, Lobbe, Cox

Martin, Dahlhaus, Stringer, Zorko, Kerridge, B Kennedy, Petracca, Cockatoo

Love that you have managed to post your own team then give your own team a rundown in another post? :confused:

Perhaps comment on others teams as well if expecting some feedback on your own feedback?

Hey Goalsneak - maybe if you can see what i wrote, i have been contributing quite a bit over the past week - just not over the weekend - save yourself the 15 seconds of typing - if you don't want to comment, don't.

Cheers.

Take 2

Taking a slight risk in defence but allows me to go strong in other areas...I think

Ablett, Pridis, Rockliff, Wines, Liberatore, B Crouch, Wells, Polec, Cunnigham, Polkinghorn Freeman

Naitanui, Lobbe, Cox

Giving how much risk you are taking in Defence with this team, I'm not sure that you are getting enough bang for your buck elsewhere.
No Fyfe, Pendles, Goldy, Martin, Deledio.
If I was taking such level of risk in one line, I'd want proven premo scorers, the best of the best, in every other

Giving how much risk you are taking in Defence with this team, I'm not sure that you are getting enough bang for your buck elsewhere.
No Fyfe, Pendles, Goldy, Martin, Deledio.
If I was taking such level of risk in one line, I'd want proven premo scorers, the best of the best, in every other
+1.

Take 2

Naitanui, Lobbe, Cox

Can't see you generating enough cash with all those back rookies.:(
Your team needs guns, lacks Captain options.
Who are your legitimate Captain options? This alone will see you fall well off the pace.

Take 2

Naitanui, Lobbe, Cox

was thinking Lobbe in the Ruck myself. Where's the competition over at Port for R1?
Don't quite see the Ben Kennedy nor Nathan Freeman logic, (the last one is a place holder?)
Similar structure to me at the moment with hopefully 4 keepers in the backline, although I've gone Doc, Yeo, Smith & Pittard. Tosing up b/w Sloane & Wines at M4.

Cash left?

Similar structure to me at the moment with hopefully 4 keepers in the backline, although I've gone Doc, Yeo, Smith & Pittard. Tosing up b/w Sloane & Wines at M4.

Cash left?
Probably only 3 keepers in that lot, Pittard is a SC spud, let's be honest.

Lobbe isn't a keeper aswell but if you think he is, good luck whilst I have Goldy & Stef :thumbsu:

Hey Goalsneak - maybe if you can see what i wrote, i have been contributing quite a bit over the past week - just not over the weekend - save yourself the 15 seconds of typing - if you don't want to comment, don't.

Cheers.

All good Bruz.

Just playing around haha

Probably only 3 keepers in that lot, Pittard is a SC spud, let's be honest.

Lobbe isn't a keeper aswell but if you think he is, good luck whilst I have Goldy & Stef :thumbsu:

opinions, opinions and thank you for yours although I'm not sure the tone is warranted

a couple of years ago I let someone talk me out of starting with Jacobs.
I don't think I referred to Lobbe as a keeper, he is a stepping stone at this point, much like Grundy was last year.

FWIW, I have Goldy and will move Lobbe on to one of Martin, Jacobs or Nicnat at some point.

oh and it's ****ing February mate, no one knows WTF is really going on yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Shaw, Rance, Yeo, Weiterling, Francis, Hibberd (nth) (Hartley, M Adams)
M: Ablett, Pendles, Rockliff, Shiel, Libba, Wells, Petracca, Ahern (Polkinghorne, Keays, Hewett)
R: Goldstein, Jacobs (Wyatt)
F: Martin, Barlow, Wingard, Franklin, Anderson, Kerridge (M.Brown(ess), S.Yarran)

14 keepers and plenty of cash generation (i also think taking a couple of risks makes more sense than leaving some out early and needing to trade to bring them in later)

Lets keep the thought train rolling...

Looking at your squad, I struggle to see 14 keepers in that list. You must be counting both Yeo and Liberatore as keepers. That is optimistic in my view.

Yeo was the 26th best defender last year. He might improve from 82 ave to 85 average, but I can't see him getting above 90.

Libba hasn't played a game in anger in over 12 months. He is value on his start price for sure, but whether he can get to an average of 110+ might be a stretch. The Bulldogs midfield now has a lot more competition for SC points than it did 2 years ago. Neither Dahlhaus or Bontempelli were regulars through the midfield two years ago for instance.

I reckon your squad will more likely need 10 upgrades rather than 8, meaning that you probably have less than 14 keepers in the initial lineup.

opinions, opinions and thank you for yours although I'm not sure the tone is warranted

a couple of years ago I let someone talk me out of starting with Jacobs.
I don't think I referred to Lobbe as a keeper, he is a stepping stone at this point, much like Grundy was last year.

FWIW, I have Goldy and will move Lobbe on to one of Martin, Jacobs or Nicnat at some point.

oh and it's ******* February mate, no one knows WTF is really going on yet.
No tone here champ.

Good luck with your premium selections, I'm a super premo type of guy averaging bang on 100 ain't a premium IMO, talk about high standards :)

Pretty stuck on this team, will change for the best rookies but the stricture should stay.
View attachment 213220

157k left
Good effort. My only worry for your team is that you haven't gone with many (any?) POD selections.

You have the top scorers from 2015 on every line. Does this make you at all nervous that some of them will drop some value by having a slow start? Relative to other coaches who might pick a value-POD who makes them some $$$ and becomes a keeper, you've gone full GnR and will be relying on your rookie picks to make all of your money.

I prefer to have a couple of mid-pricers, whereas you only have Libba (and so do more than 50% of the teams out there). Given your leftover cash situation, I'd be looking to start at least one more mid-pricer. The main benefit would be that your spare $150k would translate into extra points on the field over the early rounds when that extra mid-pricer scores 80s instead of the rookie who scores 60s.

Good effort. My only worry for your team is that you haven't gone with many (any?) POD selections.

You have the top scorers from 2015 on every line. Does this make you at all nervous that some of them will drop some value by having a slow start? Relative to other coaches who might pick a value-POD who makes them some $$$ and becomes a keeper, you've gone full GnR and will be relying on your rookie picks to make all of your money.

I prefer to have a couple of mid-pricers, whereas you only have Libba (and so do more than 50% of the teams out there). Given your leftover cash situation, I'd be looking to start at least one more mid-pricer. The main benefit would be that your spare $150k would translate into extra points on the field over the early rounds when that extra mid-pricer scores 80s instead of the rookie who scores 60s.

POD's are overrated big time.

The winner last year had very few POD's to start with. How you trade throughout the season has a much bigger effect on your final score than the POD's you have.

If your picking premium players your assuming they will be in your team all season. That means their price changes don't matter in the slightest. I'd rather take the 20 point difference to gain a better cash increase over midpricers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back