Schofield to a Wing??

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he is shithouse.
Before injuring his hip, how many contests did he not win? Haven't watched the replay but from what I can recall, not many (if any).

I love his tendency to always look into the corridor as a preferred option, how good was the play where he gathered deep in defense, evaded a tackle, handed it off, got it back and then hit a target in the middle. Pretty good rebound for a 196cm bloke who also plays competently as a third tall.

There's guys like gaff and sheppard we've drafted as wingers,
Its great he is taking the game on but he is a tall defender, it's not the guy who we want to have the ball when going inside 50.
In the cases I've seen he's done nothing more constructive than bomb it deep.

I'm not trying to discourage a guys endeavor, I'm just asking why our tall defender has the ball at the time

Agree. HBF is more his spot. Even though he is tall he is agile and quick, lately has shown he can break through the half back line with pace and hit up a target in the midfield. Not sold on him kicking to a leading forward though.

For all the knockers Schofield has done very well playing on bigger opponents whilst Brown and EMac have been out injured. Is still improving:thumbsu:

I've only seen the first quarter and some of his runs were awesome. You forget he's 196cm! Try tackle that when he's on the move. Has a bit of toe.

Definitely ought to be persisted with. Obviously not a 'natural' footballer and is still growing into his body to an extent, so he was never going to be amazing straight away.

All he really lacks is a bit more bulk, and loads of experience. I reckon he, Mackenzie and Brown hold us in pretty good stead. Best thing to do is persist with them.

I'm big for Koby Stevenson.
Fast, built like a brick latrine. great kick.
I thought he might come in last week, instead they brought in Swift.

Should'a added, I reckon Schofield had stepped up big time and has become an important defender. When eMac and Brown get back, he will have a lot more freedom to steam forward along the wing in the style of Wirra.

seems to cop a lot of 'hard lessons' but i like will's game overall.

agree that he looks best when taking the game on and would love to see him tried further up the ground when mackenzie/brown/waters/butler are back. i still think he could become a very good player, but starting to doubt his future is in defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Schofield to a Wing??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back