Play Nice Scott Morrison 2.0 - How Long? Part 8 - Lose Unit. Game Over, Bulldozer. Cont in Part 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Part 5 is here:

Part 6 is here:

Part 7 is here:

Part 9 is here:

Last edited by a moderator:
They struggle to deploy the defence force to Lismore, how the fu** are they going to get them to space?

The ship they sent to Tonga broke down with a power failure.. .but yeah, space force.

Morriscum “I think the politicisation of natural disasters is very unfortunate” This is from a creature who politicises everything. He has no redeeming features. None.

On the one hand he is a horrible disingenuous man but on the other, he's someone who projects his perceptions on to everyone else. I'm not sure whether comments like these are pure cynicism bordering on trolling or he simply lacks any notion of empathy - and I'm not sure which is worse.

He thinks the Lismore protestors must be politically-motivated, because that's the only thing that would motivate him.

It seems like an absence of self-awareness and resulting lack of empathy from a man who simply can't conceive of motivations outside political self-interest.

On the one hand he is a horrible disingenuous man but on the other, he's someone who projects his perceptions on to everyone else. I'm not sure whether comments like these are pure cynicism bordering on trolling or he simply lacks any notion of empathy - and I'm not sure which is worse.

He thinks the Lismore protestors must be politically-motivated, because that's the only thing that would motivate him.

It seems like an absence of self-awareness and resulting lack of empathy from a man who simply can't conceive of motivations outside political self-interest.
It is a tactic to gaslight swinging voters in marginal seats. Whilst the media report it it’s news.

He must know the journalists know it is all lies and bullshit, as do the majority of voters. It is all a game - to be elected and live a life on $400k without having to work. Hawke, Costello, Hewson, Turnbull aside most would be on $70k outside politics. Furniture salesmen and bank tellers are on $50k, they certainly don’t have 3 investment properties to cancel out their PAYE tax liability.

It is a tactic to gaslight swinging voters in marginal seats. Whilst the media report it it’s news.

He must know the journalists know it is all lies and bullshit, as do the majority of voters. It is all a game - to be elected and live a life on $400k without having to work. Hawke, Costello, Hewson, Turnbull aside most would be on $70k outside politics. Furniture salesmen and bank tellers are on $50k.

Yep, this is why state LNPs are so terrible. All of the school-boy members of the Young Libs can make more money for daddy's or daddy's friends' company than by going into politics. So it's only the dregs who go into state politics.

Same appears to happen in Federal politics where people like Morrison who are failed business-people manage to work their way up the ladder without a shred of Governance ability.

To get ahead in political parties requires an almost completely different set of skills than is required to be a good Government.

If he was honest Morrison would admit that he would simply become prime minister, represent Murdoch, represent the mining lobby, play politics all day inside the Canberra bubble and bat away everything else while the whole thing runs in cruise control.

Cruise control is what the Liberals do.

Unfortunately for Morrison he has been challenged more than once, bushfires, Covid, floods, rape, more rape, and he is the least capable politician of all time to deal with anything outside cruise control.

He is simply a dud human being.

WHACK!!

The three biggest bullies in the Labor Party are Bill Shorten, Andrew Landeryou and Kimberley Kitching. That has been well known by the media for years but the media won't say that. Why not?

safe_image.php

Big boost to the budget bottom line from a price rise is resources but no thought of dropping petrol excise. Which party exactly is addicted to high taxes?
Labor need to borrow a page from Morrison's book and accuse him of the things he accuses them of (though this time it would be accurate). They need to bang on about how the Libs are addicted to higher taxes, point to how they have always been the highest taxing governments, try to shatter this narrative that they are always lower taxing.

Federal Finance Minister Simon Birmingham says the unlucky timing of the Omicron COVID-19 variant was the major reason for Steven Marshall’s election loss in South Australia. “You couldn’t have had perhaps a more unlucky timing than Steven Marshall faced in that regard.”
To be fair Steven Marshall has had incredibly unlucky timing like leading a Liberal Party State Government during the time ScoMo was Prime Minister that timing probably hurt him more than any of the other things i.e. Omicron, constantly losing Ministers and MPs falling into Minority Government and just looking like a sad sack.

WHACK!!

The three biggest bullies in the Labor Party are Bill Shorten, Andrew Landeryou and Kimberley Kitching. That has been well known by the media for years but the media won't say that. Why not?

safe_image.php

To the dead we owe only the truth - Voltaire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair Steven Marshall has had incredibly unlucky timing like leading a Liberal Party State Government during the time ScoMo was Prime Minister that timing probably hurt him more than any of the other things i.e. Omicron, constantly losing Ministers and MPs falling into Minority Government and just looking like a sad sack.
I think the general public are now expecting the government to identify and act quickly on events. This is what really did in Marshall, he had a chance to stop the reopening but didn't take it. Morrison has mentioned expectations recently so they can see the change in public sentiment.

WHACK!!

safe_image.php

Agree with him or not, Shane Dowling is probably the most fearless journo in the country. Always worth reading

Labor need to borrow a page from Morrison's book and accuse him of the things he accuses them of (though this time it would be accurate). They need to bang on about how the Libs are addicted to higher taxes, point to how they have always been the highest taxing governments, try to shatter this narrative that they are always lower taxing.
That might already be in the playbook for the budget response.

Labor may want to avoid the tax argument and just go for the $1 trillion debt message. A simple round number to repeat ad nauseum.

Labor may want to avoid the tax argument and just go for the $1 trillion debt message. A simple round number to repeat ad nauseum.
That is exactly what the Liberals would do - debt & deficit, irresponsible, cannot be trusted, debt & deficit, irresponsible, cannot be trusted, debt & deficit, irresponsible, cannot be trusted, brown people, dole bludgers, debt & deficit ............

Jim Chalmers is the most important piece of the Labor strategy.

WHACK!!

safe_image.php

Kaboom!

Never knew this and given her propensity to snitch to the other side, no wonder the “mean girls” acted they way they did.

Think Albanese is more street smart than what Shorten has ever been.

This election campaign will be brutal on SloMo.

I see it but I don't believe it
Maybe once in a hundred years it might get to 55 at federal level
Surely something has gone wrong here?
I know Morgan is usuallt skewed towards towards Labor but...

Confidence interval is usually 95%. This is the 1 of 20 polls that sits outside the MoE.

But faaark that'd be astonishing. Thing'd be called by the ABC computers by 7:10pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back