Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh God,

The presser is about Aged Care and he's started with:

"I know what it's like because my Dad was in an aged care home".

Now he's waffling and saying how important it is, despite it being finished in October 2019, and updated in October 2020 and still hasn't done anything about.

Not sure they're actually going to announce any actions.

Oh God,

The presser is about Aged Care and he's started with:

"I know what it's like because my Dad was in an aged care home".

Now he's waffling and saying how important it is, despite it being finished in October 2019, and updated in October 2020 and still hasn't done anything about.

He'll announce the earth as usual and deliver a little over f*** all.

From what I read, they are making noise about “in principle support” for many recommendations but actually implementing about 5% of them.

The industry has no minimum education requirements for care staff. None.

The pay is pitiful - minimum wage - so people are hard to recruit.

It’s an expense nobody wants to commit to.

From what I read, they are making noise about “in principle support” for many recommendations but actually implementing about 5% of them.

I know that a lot of the big players have basically stopped building new homes at all because it is not profitable for them as the federal government withdraws money from the sector - as Morrison said himself they have doubled spending on aged care but the number of places has tripled.

The whole sector is heading for a massive cliff.

I know that a lot of the big players have basically stopped building new homes at all because it is not profitable for them as the federal government withdraws money from the sector - as Morrison said himself they have doubled spending on aged care but the number of places has tripled.

As the boomer generation disappears demand should ease.

It sounds like they're committing to less than 5% of them.

The presser has been mostly about how important it is and very little about what's actually going to change.

Greg Hunt started with "I had a parent in aged care" and is now banging on about how we need to learn from other countries about respecting the elderly. Wouldn't everyone love to send their parents to a care home with the wage of a Federal Cabinet Minister!

It's an embarrassment. A 5-year roadmap which happens to coincide with them probably going to be out of office.

I can already see the Murdoch headlines "The LNP were just about to fix Aged care but got voted out, so why haven't the ALP done anything???"

The "Initial response" is to do more audits which they'd previously cut. More staff to be added to replace those they'd previously cut.

The Aged Care minister didn't get to speak until after the PM and Health Minister. Imagine being so inept that you have to hide behind Morrison and Hunt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They need Ratios in Aged Care.
They need qualified staff, who need to be registered with AHPRA.No more AIN.
In Qld it is 3 hr per hour more, to have, a fully endorsed enrolled nurse, who has the knowledge required.

Did I hear Morrison say in his presser just now that the way forwards was aged care in the aged's own homes as opposed to in group aged care homes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back