Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havent read beyond here so this may have already been answered, but their citizens are able to return whereas ours will be thrown in jail if they try.
A single community case of covid makes sfa difference in the US, whereas a single case in Australia likely will result in a lockdown.

The cost associated with HQ and bringing people back isn't worth it until we have a means of ensuring the virus doesn't get into the community. HQ in capital cities is a horrible idea.

This is all window dressing. The fact remains that the IRA gave up their guns while accepting that Northern Ireland remains within the UK for now. Calling that a "surrender" bears little resemblance to reality.

With what weaponry? It was verifiably checked that the IRA surrendered their weapons for decommissioning. And if you really think the bulk of the IRA didn't disband but kept carrying on attacks, I don't think you appreciate the scale of the Troubles. The incidents post-1998 are incredibly few in number compared to what happened prior.

Bingo on both counts.

Id recommend this podcast for anybody interested in this subject matter.

A single community case of covid makes sfa difference in the US, whereas a single case in Australia likely will result in a lockdown.

The cost associated with HQ and bringing people back isn't worth it until we have a means of ensuring the virus doesn't get into the community. HQ in capital cities is a horrible idea.

The fact Scummo's vaccine 'rollout' is a complete mess leaving us still vulnerable to a serious Covid 19 wave. Especially a mutated variant.

We are in a precarious position, yet Murdoch press lapdogs just attack Labor State governments to 'misdirect' the attention of their dumb viewers.

Maybe not that long. Interesting developments:
  • Dutton raising his profile with comments on health and quarantine, when he's the Defence Minister
  • Frydenburg photo-op with Costello
  • Canavan (Queensland mate of Dutton) criticising the government over jailing Australians returning from India
  • Bolt doing the same (has Murdoch had enough of ScoMo?)

Maybe not that long. Interesting developments:
  • Dutton raising his profile with comments on health and quarantine, when he's the Defence Minister
  • Frydenburg photo-op with Costello
  • Canavan (Queensland mate of Dutton) criticising the government over jailing Australians returning from India
  • Bolt doing the same (has Murdoch had enough of ScoMo?)

We can only hope. ScoMo is in way over his head. Now that he actually has to do something he will be found out.

Are we seeing a new methodology where you have a PM become steadily less liked, so you change PM before each election? THere was a previous assumption that this would cost votes, but that's been disproven at the last few elections (generally).

So if the PM's not popular enough or becomes too toxic, sack them and get a new one before the election.

They do all seem to be positioning themselves.

Are we seeing a new methodology where you have a PM become steadily less liked, so you change PM before each election? THere was a previous assumption that this would cost votes, but that's been disproven at the last few elections (generally).

So if the PM's not popular enough or becomes too toxic, sack them and get a new one before the election.

They do all seem to be positioning themselves.
Ironically Morrison said Australia voted him in for stability in not wanting another new leader so quickly after he pissed Turnbull off

Excellent week by scomo. First higgins, tas election now getting the media to paint scomo has tough on international borders. Absolutely excellent. Throw in a couple of racism cards to shore up Wa and qld voters

With wa and qld voters the only thing more scary then letting vic/easterns in (state border) is brown people overseas. And no that's not my view. This is there words not mine

Best week scomo ever had in terms of political capital

Last edited:
Excellent week by scomo. First higgins, tas election now getting the media to paint scomo has tough on international borders. Absolutely excellent. Throw in a couple of racism cards to shore up Wa and qld voters

With wa and qld voters the only thing more scary then letting vic/easterns in (state border) is brown people overseas. And no that's not my view. This is there words not mine

Best week scomo ever had in terms of political capital
What’s the Tasmania state election got to do with him?
He had absolutely no involvement

Even Bolt thinks the budding fascism stinks.

I was templted to post this in "race to the bottom' thread, but clearly this race has been won with Australian goverments having beaten oppositions into submission (soft on borders)and now can slap any old bit of draconian legislation through so long as theres a tenuous link to COVID etc.

Now working out how deep the mud at the bottom is.

Forget how much scomo is a weird christian, the question is how much of a faschist he will be, in competition with that labor Premier in WA

And I dont use the word lightly

Even Bolt thinks the budding fascism stinks.

I was templted to post this in "race to the bottom' thread, but clearly this race has been won with Australian goverments having beaten oppositions into submission (soft on borders)and now can slap any old bit of draconian legislation through so long as theres a tenuous link to COVID etc.

Now working out how deep the mud at the bottom is.

Forget how much scomo is a weird christian, the question is how much of a faschist he will be, in competition with that labor Premier in WA

And I dont use the word lightly
"We will decide who comes in to the country and the circumstances in which they come."

By a modern day intellectual thinker.

Scomo needs to utter those lines again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scummo needs to be careful how he treats India. We're going to need them to sell resources to when he pisses off China even further and China slaps more trade restrictions on us in retaliation.

This policy seems like overkill. A declaration that numbers from India specifically were going to be capped at a lower level for three months to better manage quarantine might have been a better look and still reduced the risk of an outbreak.

Last edited:
What’s the Tasmania state election got to do with him?
He had absolutely no involvement

Gutwein asked him not to show up.

Brittany Higgins on the recent Morrison meeting:

“At the start of the meeting he made a concession that he was sorry for my feelings, but it was a qualified apology. It doesn’t really mean much."

Scummo needs to be careful how he treats India. We're going to need them to sell resources too when he pisses off China even further and China slaps more trade restrictions on us in retaliation.

This policy seems like overkill. A declaration than numbers from India specifically were going to be capped at a lower level for three months to better manage quarantine might have been a better look and still reduced the risk of an outbreak.
Wouldn't have the political impact it needed other wise

The fact Scummo's vaccine 'rollout' is a complete mess leaving us still vulnerable to a serious Covid 19 wave. Especially a mutated variant.

We are in a precarious position, yet Murdoch press lapdogs just attack Labor State governments to 'misdirect' the attention of their dumb viewers.

What sort of comment is the above ?

Gutwein asked him not to show up.

Brittany Higgins on the recent Morrison meeting:

“At the start of the meeting he made a concession that he was sorry for my feelings, but it was a qualified apology. It doesn’t really mean much."

Ms Higgins has got an inflated opinion of self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back