Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

loyal and extremely well paid.

as great a player as he has been he hasn't been a great captain. his comments on the weekend mean whatever happens his days are over as captain.
How exactly has he not been a great captain? How does a punter on BigFooty know more than his fellow AFL players, who really recently voted him the best captain in the game?

How exactly has he not been a great captain? How does a punter on BigFooty know more than his fellow AFL players, who really recently voted him the best captain in the game?

because when the moments happen in games to right the ship he has consistently disappeared. feel free to check my posting history for the last 5 or 6 years. its not a new observation.

Jake Niall always puts together quality pieces regarding us.
Because hes a proper, professional journalist unlike most of the cheerleading flogs in the media.

because when the moments happen in games to right the ship he has consistently disappeared. feel free to check my posting history for the last 5 or 6 years. its not a new observation.
It being old does not make it correct. I guess you know more than the AFL playing group

This is a shocker from Pendles. Just when we need true leadership, our great Captain makes a statement that is all about him, just when we need someone to stand up and make a selfless act for the club like Geelong and Richmond did by stating publicly that their players are willing to take pay cuts for the good of the team, he chooses this stupid selfish path. No wonder our players all want top dollar when negotiating new contracts. Time to go Pendles, go and get your payday because it's time for a complete clean out

I just know.;)

Similarly, how do you know that Crisp won't be subconsciously thinking what i said?
Your rejection of my thoughts have as much "keyboard psychology" as any post.
Erm, not quite. You made an assertion, the onus is on you to back that up. I wasn't claiming to know anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umm, no.
Just as relevant. You reject the assertion, and give no reason for it.

"You reject my assertion that I have 4 legs and 15 nipples, yet give no reason for your rejection. You are the one in the wrong here."

With that kind of logic, you'd make an excellent YouTube host, arguing for young earth creationists or a flat earth, Slugger.

Jake Niall article was spot on. This line in particular symbolizes most of our player group. "One could argue that Collingwood’s salary cap issues derive, in part, from a culture that’s been more “me” than “we.”

You would think a player that has made in excess of 10 million in his career would not have to be chasing contracts and a bigger package from other clubs.

Do you think the club should set a leadership example, especially given where we’ve been with the salary cap, and let him go?

Once again I find myself referencing the Jock N Journo podcast with Jay Clark. Pendlebury had spoken with Hodge along the way and was blown away by the absurdly low salaries some Hawthorn players were accepting in order to keep the list together in pursuit of flags.

I've also heard him publicly state that once you get to his age, 1-year contracts are normal.

So unless Pendlebury is owed money ala Treloar, or thinks Hodge's mantra only applies when your team is in contention, I don't believe he would bend us over a barrel so far to the point where he'd even consider leaving.

Pendlebury is smart enough to know that he has to have at least one season at the Pies without the captaincy, before maybe stepping down if mutually beneficial to he, the club and his family.

If he was to leave now when we are seemingly rock bottom, that will be a blight on the exceptional career that he has built.

Don't think he'll want to be known as a premiership player, 6 time AA, 5 time Copeland, deserter.

Looks like he has cleared that up though 😂

Lets not hang him. Guy has remained absolutely loyal to the pies.
He is thinking life after football. Stated he wanted to remain a pie. But open to options after football for a coaching gig elsewhere.

Move on.

Leadership has been impressive. Never doubted him as captain. Great example to our younger brigade coming through.

I dont mind Jake Niall. But this is the biggest laugh with to mention his "basketball background" to be a reason that he made that statement about coaching elsewhere , on the basis he prides himself on how Lebron carries on in the NBA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back