Scott Thompson

Remove this Banner Ad

Was sad to see him go but I am not complaining about Melbourne's midfield at all. I struggle to see how Thompson would fit.

Jimi said:
Was sad to see him go but I am not complaining about Melbourne's midfield at all. I struggle to see how Thompson would fit.

Melbourne's midfield is going well, but you cannot be serious when you say he wouldn't get a game.

He's a quality midfielder, certainly classes above guys like James McDonald.

Sylvia Saint said:
On 2005 form they're about equal.

They've won a similar amount of footy but Thompson has kicked 12 goals more and laid more than twice as many tackles.

Thompson has more strings to his bow, like being able to kick numerous goals (he's kicked more goals in the last month than Moloney has in his entire career).

H said:
They've won a similar amount of footy but Thompson has kicked 12 goals more and laid more than twice as many tackles.

Thompson has more strings to his bow, like being able to kick numerous goals (he's kicked more goals in the last month than Moloney has in his entire career).
... and Moloney is a more damaging field kick and breaks tackles better. In other words, they are both very good but different. Unlike Ottens, who just plain sucks. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

H said:
He's improved out of sight since going to Adelaide.

Would be the number one midfielder if still at Melbourne.
if he had the same results as he has at adelaide he would be 4th behind Johnstone, Bruce n Green...hard to argue against that

havin a great year, i dun mind i like seein him go well as he was a favourite of mine

i'm hoever happy with moloney. with yze in the forward line now, moloneys kickin is a great asset

i'd like both but i love moloneys grunt n kickin so im fine with him

both have potential to be stars in the future

Deestroy said:
So lets simplify how this topic will become:

1. Adelaide supporters are happy with Scott Thompson
2. Melbourne supporters are happy with Brent Moloney
3. Brad Ottens is overpaid

That is all.

I think you have summed it up very well and with no insults :eek:
Well done :D

I am personally very glad Thompson decided to go home

Rodion said:
Uh, no. The Brownlow votes will go

3) Cameron Ling
2) Matthew Scarlett
1) Scott Thompson

Are you joking?

Cameron Ling was not in the Best 3. He may have gathered lots of possesions but I don't think he was as damaging as Chapman. My 3-2-1 are,

3 Scarlett (G)
2 Thompson (A)
1 Chapman (G)

If it wasn't for Scarlett and our poor decision making and skill errors we would have won the game by 4-5 goals. It was a game not won by Geelong but lost by Adelaide.

thommo was great for us, i was certainly a fan of him... was disapointed he decided to go home... for mine the difference between thommo and beamer is that thommo is more consistent that moloney... when he was playing for us last year scotty was consistent, whilst this year moloney has had a few quiet games...

and yes thommo does kick more goals, but beamer sets up many goals with his long penetrating kick into the forward line... he takes the ball on the half back flank and gets it inside 50...

i can see beamer gettin into the goals more for us though but he doesnt float forward like thompson so ofcourse he wont kick as many.

though he will set up more garunteed.

remember when moloney kicked out first vs the dons round 1? man i was pumped for a big year :)

moloney is more aggressive though and as long as he dun go overboard, dats a good thing. bartell incident was a disgrace he didnt touch him should have gotten no weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Thompson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back