Toast Scott Watters is the new coach of St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Watters - New StKilda Coach

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-as-senior-coach/story-e6frf9io-1226167419083

SCOTT Watters has been appointed coach of St Kilda.

The Saints today told the Collingwood assistant coach that he was the man to take charge of the club.

Watters, 42, beat out fellow AFL assistants Ken Hinkley and Alan Richardson for the job after a series of interviews.

Watters played 109 games after making his debut for West Coast in 1989. He also played for Sydney and Fremantle before retiring in 1996.

He served as a coach at WAFL club Subiaco before joining the Magpies in late 2009.

Re: NEW COACH Scott Watters

Watters was a FOUR TIME premiership coach with Subiaco before moving to Collingwood as defensive coach and winning a premiership in 2010. So obviously he has grand final experience.

Watters was a FOUR TIME premiership coach with Subiaco before moving to Collingwood as defensive coach and winning a premiership in 2010. So obviously he has grand final experience.

He actually only won two premierships at Subi from 3 grand finals, still very impressive. I think the fact he had coached a club in his own right at a pretty high standard was probably a big factor in him getting the nod.

Being a Subi supporter myself I'm stoked to see him get the job, was very highly regarded both there and at Collingwood, a real quality person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He actually only won two premierships at Subi from 3 grand finals, still very impressive. I think the fact he had coached a club in his own right at a pretty high standard was probably a big factor in him getting the nod.

Being a Subi supporter myself I'm stoked to see him get the job, was very highly regarded both there and at Collingwood, a real quality person.
I stand corrected :thumbsu:

Re: Scott Watters is the new coach of St Kilda (Source: Herald Sun)

I'm going with the Herald Sun.

Congratulations Scott!

He comes across as an impressive candidate. Can't wait to see how he approaches things.

Tommy Walsh is contactable at @tommywalshkor!

Awesome. Fresh start has begun. :)

Looking forward to kicking more than 4 goals a game.

Haha, the half hour I manage to claw myself away from BF to actively achieve something this happens.

Welcome Scott! Here's to a new era!

(Damn, looks like it's just the 4 cheesies)

Great choice Saints. A coach at the cutting edge. So was Lyon for that matter, but I feel like we've traded him in for the newest model. Can't wait for test drive.

From the main board

Scott WATTERS
Collingwood - Asst. Coach/Defensive Coach

DOB:25/01/1969

Playing record:
90 WAFL games: South Fremantle
109 AFL games: Fremantle, West Coast and Sydney
Vice Captain Fremantle
State representative, WA: 6 games

Coaching record:
Subiaco Under 19s (WAFL) 2006
Subiaco (WAFL) Coach 2007-2009
Grand Final in each year, P'Ship 2008 & 2009
WA State Coach 2008-2009
Collingwood Asst. Coach 2010-2011
P'Ship 2010

Scott's highly successful coaching record highlights his capacity to develop successful teams and cultivate a high performance environment.

His proven history of player development, fostering leadership, innovative planning and team strategy see him well placed to drive elite performance in his role as Collingwood FC Team Defensive Coach.

Scott has a Diploma of Education, is currently completing his Level 3 coaching accreditation and is undertaking further MBA studies.

While I am not going to pretend that I know anything about the specifics of Watters, I a, seriously delighted with this appointment.

I was a bit wary at Hinkley and Richardson being rejected in 2 prefious occasions for the top job.

Everything spoken about Watters indicates that he is a quality coach and person,

Now, go sign Walsh.

He will be an absolute GUN!

Free running defensive structures, young guns rotated through, senior players respected - GET ON BOARD!!

Great to see the club go through Due Process - transparency is Everything these days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Scott Watters is the new coach of St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back