Toast Scott Watters is the new coach of St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Scott Watters is the new coach of St Kilda (Source: Herald Sun)

I for one was getting bored of Lyon's monotone droning every press conference. He would always say the same sort of stuff as well.

To be honest I loved every second of it. It was like a big continuous '**** you' to the media (and others at times).

Of course, I'm gonna hate every second of it from next year.

Wonder how Watters will handle the media?

I was a bit wary at Hinkley and Richardson being rejected in 2 previous occasions for the top job.

I agree if Hinkley & Richardson have beem passed over by previous teams what does that say.

Congrats to Scotty Watters :thumbsu:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know. Our coach, Chris Scott, got knocked back for the Port Adelaide coaching job.

Bet he's glad that being passed over didn't cost him the Geelong job.

If the reports about Watters are true then good choice saints, I would have really liked Hinkley but am still very happy with Watters.

And it took the media 5 hours longer to report it than I first posted that he would be announced at a press conferance tomorrow morning, it makes me wonder if these journos just sit at home and make up shit then post it in the newspapers remotely…ala Caro Wilson! :)

And it took the media 5 hours longer to report it than I first posted that he would be announced at a press conferance tomorrow morning, it makes me wonder if these journos just sit at home and make up shit then post it in the newspapers remotely…ala Caro Wilson! :)
From now on Brian I am going to 100% believe everything you say :D

The thing I liked about Lyon from his very first presser was that he was misanthropic. Good quality for a coach, I reckon. I'm not sure I'm ready for an actual human being leading the Saints.

[SIZE=-1]'If everyone were clothed with integrity, if every heart were just, frank, kindly, the other virtues would be well-nigh useless, since their chief purpose is to make us bear with patience the injustice of our fellows.[/SIZE]'

From now on Brian I am going to 100% believe everything you say :D
Gotta love Freo missing on Clark, keep the bastards over there weak I say!!!!! As far as Clark goes though, sold out his family for the almighty $$$$…. any chance Stefan Martin to the Saints?

Don't worry, L2MFG can vouch for my credentials, lots of private messages this week 24 hours ahead of them 'breaking' in the media….

Gotta love Freo missing on Clark, keep the bastards over there weak I say!!!!! As far as Clark goes though, sold out his family for the almighty $$$$…. any chance Stefan Martin to the Saints?

Don't worry, L2MFG can vouch for my credentials, lots of private messages this week 24 hours ahead of them 'breaking' in the media….
lol.

Congrats in getting Watters btw. A quality appointment I reckon. Well done.

To be honest I loved every second of it. It was like a big continuous '**** you' to the media (and others at times).

Of course, I'm gonna hate every second of it from next year.

Wonder how Watters will handle the media?

From the times I've heard Watters interviewed, he is very well spoken - should go okay with the media. Confident type.

Great news. I've wanted Watters since day 1 as he's got the successful pedigree to back him up, flag coach with Subiaco and assistant in Collingwood's best asset in 2010.

Great pickup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed like others have said you're all over this like white on rice.

Now to the burning question:

Tommy Walsh...? :cool:

Alright, now that's done and dusted, let's get to the real burning question

How the **** do you pronounce his surname?!

Waters?
What-ers?
:confused::(

they could have rung me 5 weeks ago BS, saved time & $$$

cheer

CC

well done BS, your the go-to man for the info.

24 hours, well done

Cheers

CC

Now the focus turns to assistant coaches, would be a good get if Watters can bring Laidley with him. Still need a backline coach, maybe Laidley, maybe someone else or does Kingsley take over the backline and we put Laidley there or get a new forward coach?

Now the focus turns to assistant coaches, would be a good get if Watters can bring Laidley with him. Still need a backline coach, maybe Laidley, maybe someone else or does Kingsley take over the backline and we put Laidley there or get a new forward coach?

I believe Watters was real keen to get Luke Beveridge when appointed as mid-field coach - assistants together at Collingwood however Uncle Mick moved him on but I assure you Buckley was ready to reappointed him.

So we had Buckley and now Watters ready to pounce, and BANG!, up comes Clarkson and appoints him I think during GF week to and stuff both of them up. He would have been great.

“Luke’s been on our radar since last year and we’re pleased he’s chosen to take up this opportunity with the Hawks despite having received other offers,” Clarkson said.

Don't be surprised to see an outsider from WAFL coming over.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/watters-just-the-man-says-malthouse-20111015-1lqth.html

Malthouse has a point, from the outside looking in we just did not look like a happy club last year IMO. Didn't seem there was a consistent view of Ross too, one half of the list obviously loved him. Then you have the other half that seemed to be quite disheartened, and i don't think that purely just stems from not getting games in a top 4 side.

Scotty has a good head of hair on him - GORN in 12 months. Bookmark it.

[SIZE=-1]'If everyone were clothed with integrity, if every heart were just, frank, kindly, the other virtues would be well-nigh useless, since their chief purpose is to make us bear with patience the injustice of our fellows.[/SIZE]'

where did you get this from HMC?

JDESTOOP80 Julian de Stoop
Remember to tune into Fox Sports News at 11am for live coverage of the Scott Watters announcement

Alright, now that's done and dusted, let's get to the real burning question

How the **** do you pronounce his surname?!

Waters?
What-ers?
:confused::(

like this

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Scott Watters is the new coach of St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back