Scully a lock at Number 1

Remove this Banner Ad

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
According to Hutchy on the footy show. Would have thought this was already obvious, but apparentely the club has settled on Tom Scully and will tell him officially in 2 weeks time.

Also mentioned that Dean Bailey will be offered a one year contract extension around March/April of next year:thumbsu:

Well done Hutchy.

Ever heard the saying: Can't see the forest for the trees?

A blind deaf mute could see this.

If he would ever get his eyes out of everyones bins he might get a real story.

I thought it was interesting and maybe I'm reading too much into it but if Bailey gets an extension for a year that would bring him out of contract when Garry Lyon finishes his contract with the AIS and channel 9. Maybe nice timing for Lyon depending on how we're travelling at the end of 2011.

Hutchy also seemed to suggest Tom Scully might want the number 3.

Bit of respect for Clint B please.

Was thinking the same thing basically.

I was thinking though, Hutchy may have been joking about that. Hard to tell when he's 100% serious lol. He was smiling at Lyon when he said it, I dunno, maybe I'm wrong but... came off like he was having a bit of a yarn.

As for Scully... Can't wait for the announcement in 2 weeks time! :thumbsu:

Was thinking the same thing basically.

I was thinking though, Hutchy may have been joking about that. Hard to tell when he's 100% serious lol. He was smiling at Lyon when he said it, I dunno, maybe I'm wrong but... came off like he was having a bit of a yarn.

As for Scully... Can't wait for the announcement in 2 weeks time! :thumbsu:

It would surprise me If there was an announcement. Even though It's obvious, the AFL still likes the element of surprise at the draft. I'd say we'll just quietly give him the news behind close doors.

I thought it was interesting and maybe I'm reading too much into it but if Bailey gets an extension for a year that would bring him out of contract when Garry Lyon finishes his contract with the AIS and channel 9. Maybe nice timing for Lyon depending on how we're travelling at the end of 2011.

Smart of the club to leave the options open. We would be stupid to not look at Lyon If he wanted to throw his hat in the ring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am informed by a "reliable" source that Hutcy will be announcing the following over the upcoming weekss
  • The AFL plan to play the Grandfinal on the last day of september
  • Barry Hall has an anger problem
  • Cameron Ling is one ugly mother ****er
  • Ben Cousins has sex with more beautiful women in a week than most of us do in our life time
  • Damian Hardwick will be Richmonds Coach
  • Nathan Thompson has scientifically been proven to have only one singular tone in his voice
  • That Dean Bailey is in fact bald
  • That Chris Judd is a superstar of the competition
  • What various players have for breakfast, their sleeping patterns and (depending of the height of the window in the Alley he is peeping in from) if Brad Miller can at least hit the target with his misses

Comrades.

Much as I personally want to see Bartram's papers stamped, forget 3 - we should give Scully 31.

Now that would send a signal to the wider world, and at the same time deepen his allegiances to the club.
Biffinator.

I am informed by a "reliable" source that Hutcy will be announcing the following over the upcoming weekss

• [*]The AFL plan to play the Grandfinal on the last day of september

Do you really think that playing the Grand Final on a Wednesday would be a good move? :p

:thumbsu: We'll gladly have him once he's seen the light and wants to transfer to our great club :)

He can put the bins out for $1m

Every time I see Judd doing an ad for Visy I like to throw some unrecyclable materials into their bins.

I guess years of having players leave/pass up your club for ours would make any supporter spiteful.

I'm not spiteful about players going for more money. That's their imperative as professionals. Notice how Barassi rarely, if ever, says or does anything to do with the Carlton Footy Club? It's because he knows in his heart of hearts the Melbourne was and always will be his club, and that Carlton has a black, black soul that needs an aging billionaire to give player's mums jobs just to get guys to play for them. Melbourne has a lot more stupidly rich supporters than Carlton, and I can't for the life of me think of one player who's had three different sources of income from the one club. Once a cheat, always a cheat. Curious that your username is Sin City - how appropriate. Take your trolling rubbish elsewhere, sir.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scully a lock at Number 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back