Scully a lock at Number 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess years of having players leave/pass up your club for ours would make any supporter spiteful.

Speaking of recycling old pieces of rubbish, how's Chris Johnson working out for you?

No matter how many players from other clubs you pick up, no matter how much under the table, dirty cash you hand out, your club will never be taken seriously as a finals threat, Nor will your club ever receive the respect of the footballing community other than from known carlton mouth pieces Robert Walls and Andy Maher.

Now get the **** off our board.

Carlton...what a joke of a club...and here's just a few reasons why in the plast decade alone:

* They tried to cheat the system and they were sucessfuly foiled.
* There ex-president John Elliot is a cheating scumbag
* Ditto Dick Pratt
* 95% of their good players have either been top draft picks or players from other clubs.
* Its taken them 10 years to make a finals appearance.
* And now it looks like a couple of their past players were sexual offenders.

...ah what great club indeed...

Carlton...what a joke of a club...and here's just a few reasons why in the plast decade alone:

* They tried to cheat the system and they were sucessfuly foiled.
* There ex-president John Elliot is a cheating scumbag
* Ditto Dick Pratt
* 95% of their good players have either been top draft picks or players from other clubs.
* Its taken them 10 years to make a finals appearance.
* And now it looks like a couple of their past players were sexual offenders.

...ah what great club indeed...

Paying off the victims is a startlingly chauvinistic and underhanded way to deal with sexual offenses. Right up John Elliott's alley. Pack of c**ts the lot of them.

More likely to than your club this year buddy :)

And much more likely to than a club that hasn't won a flag for 45 years.

You cheated for your last flag. And the only reason youre moving up now is because you were penalised and earnt draft picks whilst being punished. So any success now or in the near future is only a product of your disgrace.

How embarrassing for you.

I guess years of having players leave/pass up your club for ours would make any supporter spiteful.

Yes, I was as stunned as anyone when the delisted Brent Heaver was drafted by the Blues. Amazing transaction.

Not to mention the amazing Carlton career of Sean Charles.

I've never watched one episode of "Neighbours", so have no clue what you're talking about.

That said, I'm a little embarrassed for you :eek:

Don't need to - but if you read up about the actor in the newspaper, you would have seen that he had an addiction to pills and was duly kicked off the show. All this without having to watch "Neighbours".

Suck my balls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just been looking at some stats of the TAC cup, starting to lean towards Butcher at 2 again, has played 9 games kicked 30 goals 15 behinds, best of 6 in one game kicked 4 yesterday and been in best players quiet a few times.

Just been looking at some stats of the TAC cup, starting to lean towards Butcher at 2 again, has played 9 games kicked 30 goals 15 behinds, best of 6 in one game kicked 4 yesterday and been in best players quiet a few times.

Yeah, he is starting to produce some good performances now, so I don't think pick 2 would be set in stone just yet.

On Trengove, he has averaged 23 touches and 7 marks at SANFL level over the past 5 matches, so he is certainly performing well against senior players.

I'm not sure how he went last night though.

Personally, I hope the club does their due dilligence, and isn't sucked into any hype with choosing their draft picks. Honestly, I think last year they amy have got a bit hyped into picking Watts, who I have no doubt will be a good footballer, but I don't think he will be the star that others in the draft will be (Natanui, HUrley, Rich, Ziebell-but hey, at least we didn't pick Yarran). If Scully fits our needs, then he's the man, but if not, then maybe we look to someone like Butcher, or Morabito.

Just throwing it out there.

Is Scully a lock?

If Butcher is starting to fire and Trengove is getting it done at senior VFL level at what point do you start asking the question of Scully. Is it hype, or is he the man.

Personally, I hope the club does their due dilligence, and isn't sucked into any hype with choosing their draft picks. Honestly, I think last year they amy have got a bit hyped into picking Watts, who I have no doubt will be a good footballer, but I don't think he will be the star that others in the draft will be (Natanui, HUrley, Rich, Ziebell-but hey, at least we didn't pick Yarran). If Scully fits our needs, then he's the man, but if not, then maybe we look to someone like Butcher, or Morabito.

Ummm- if we'd picked Naitanui then I could understand this statement but not with Watts :confused:

Scully is a lock - he is the standout best player coming through and has been so consistantly.

Pick 2 is the debatable one. I am sticking with Trengove and hoping one of Carlisle, Griffiths, Vardy or Panos fall to our third pick.

Looking through the names, I am worried that a quality mid-fielder could fall through to our third pick - and if we adopt the best available strategy, we might be forced to take another midfielder with pick 3.

Not the worst problem to have I suppose.

Ummm- if we'd picked Naitanui then I could understand this statement but not with Watts :confused:
I think Watts was hyped. Natanui was more so early last year, but from about the midway point onward, the talk centred around Watts. And watching how Natanui has grown into the game (yes he's still raw) I think he may have been a better choice (also Hurley or Rich TBH). I see Watts as being a good, servicable player, but no super-star as some seem to.

I think Watts was hyped. Natanui was more so early last year, but from about the midway point onward, the talk centred around Watts. And watching how Natanui has grown into the game (yes he's still raw) I think he may have been a better choice (also Hurley or Rich TBH). I see Watts as being a good, servicable player, but no super-star as some seem to.

When you think about the fact that Watts is a year younger than those guys, played football part-time this year due to schooling commitments, didn't really complete a pre-season and battled injury troubles, I don't see how you can make this assessment. Further, he isn't as well developed in the physical sense as those players, so one wouldn't expect him to make an immediate impact at AFL level, he is a more long-term prospect.

Don't worry, we made the right call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scully a lock at Number 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back