Season 2013 Bendigo FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A second coach crossing to a rival club in the same league with the Castlemaine coach taking on the Sandhurst gig. What are your thoughts fellas. Personally I am not a fan of seeing people cross directly from one club to another in the same league. There are obviously each individuals circumstances and reasons vary but in general it doesn't sit well with me

Fitzy is a quality bloke and good coach who hasnt shopped himself around before so must really want to take on the job.
no hastle with that. But brennan might have taken maryborough for a ride. Sounds like He couldn't get enough cash to spend on players ( was it reasonable or not?) and simply walked on to south vacant job. What ever the case there it's got to be better for him, less travel Etc. also in his defence he has coached a few sides and is after a good pay check. I don't think that's any secret. Prob should have went to a hdfl side. They seem to have all the cash.

A second coach crossing to a rival club in the same league with the Castlemaine coach taking on the Sandhurst gig. What are your thoughts fellas. Personally I am not a fan of seeing people cross directly from one club to another in the same league. There are obviously each individuals circumstances and reasons vary but in general it doesn't sit well with me

To be fair Roota he was no longer the Castlemaine coach when he took on the Sandhurst gig.

I have gathered this information that theses players played in 2013 that have played at afl or been on a list including rookies -rick.ladson,travis baird simon rosa is there anymore?

wot's joffa gunna do for an inter-league bfl side in 2014 ?? think in past seasons a major league could co-opt a couple of district league players. remember the late peter white from mounts some seasons back playing for the gold and blue
with robins, tim hill, gerta, childs, harry maddern, ward, ricky symes and probably plenty of other all gone to hdfl (plus scholtes to lvfl) and tigga to the gold looks like a new-look bendy side next may:eek:

wot's joffa gunna do for an inter-league bfl side in 2014 ?? think in past seasons a major league could co-opt a couple of district league players. remember the late peter white from mounts some seasons back playing for the gold and blue
with robins, tim hill, gerta, childs, harry maddern, ward, ricky symes and probably plenty of other all gone to hdfl (plus scholtes to lvfl) and tigga to the gold looks like a new-look bendy side next may:eek:

You could do that in the days of the Vic Health Championships i think. Now with the Interleague set up they way it is with all leagues basically in the same pool and no distinction between major and minor leagues this could not occur. An example of this can be seen up home around Swan Hill. In the "old days" the Mid Murray league could play a bloke from the Mallee League in its team againt say a Bendigo League or other 'major league". The Mid Murray would never play against the Mallee league under that old system because Mid Murray was considered a Major League and the Mallee a Minor League. Nowdays this distinction isn't made and leagues are simply ranked depending on previous interleague results and this year the Central Murray did play against the Mallee.

You could do that in the days of the Vic Health Championships i think. Now with the Interleague set up they way it is with all leagues basically in the same pool and no distinction between major and minor leagues this could not occur. An example of this can be seen up home around Swan Hill. In the "old days" the Mid Murray league could play a bloke from the Mallee League in its team againt say a Bendigo League or other 'major league". The Mid Murray would never play against the Mallee league under that old system because Mid Murray was considered a Major League and the Mallee a Minor League. Nowdays this distinction isn't made and leagues are simply ranked depending on previous interleague results and this year the Central Murray did play against the Mallee.

And flogged the central murray roota

All the bells and whistles have been about players leaving to this point does anyone know of any confirmed in's at this point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milne at the Storm should be interesting.... Hopefully his charges get dropped so we get to see an ex afl player running around in the BFL

I said after the Grand Final we ended an X AFL player to compete with Golden Square, I thought their AFL experience with the game plan really showed us up that day (and the semi as well)

Milne will be as important on the training track as he is on game day.

I said after the Grand Final we ended an X AFL player to compete with Golden Square, I thought their AFL experience with the game plan really showed us up that day (and the semi as well)

Milne will be as important on the training track as he is on game day.

Do you mean you '... needed an X AFL player to compete with Golden Square ...'

Just wondering how much it will take to get Kyneton competitive and playing senior football? not been in the area I don't really know much of the situation, apart from they struggled to get senior quality players. Used to go watch them when I was younger and I'm interested in how their going can anyone fill me in!

Just wondering how much it will take to get Kyneton competitive and playing senior football? not been in the area I don't really know much of the situation, apart from they struggled to get senior quality players. Used to go watch them when I was younger and I'm interested in how their going can anyone fill me in!

They are no certainties to be playing in 2014 let alone being competitive.

Confirmed departures, Gretgrix, Robbins, Hill (mounts) Richards, Findlay, Plim, Trellfell (ALL will play at North Bendigo) Jacobs boys (Colbo) add to those Matthews very close to signing at Pyramid while Filo and Confortee both have signed but rumored to be talking elsewhere.. Good majority of twos on the move also.. Such a massive turn over.. Can't help but think the club is wishing the coach went about things differently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back