Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has to worry about relegation apart from West Preston.
They are horrible. Lower will beat them by 10 goals, Macleod by 5 and epping will do enough to get over the line.

Also to that coward number 11 from West who got the red card on the weekend, enjoy division 2 next year if you hang around, or maybe you will see the light and leave that embarrassment of a club like every other player did over the summer.

Big call after round 2. Big call from an Eltham supporter to be bagging other clubs. Number 11 had a good game.

Do we cover divvy one reserves, I note that a little bloke from the eltham two's ended up in hospital with a multiple break in his jaw. Is this becoming a thread in matches against West P?

Seen Joshua Grubb greensborough forward on the jobsite today. Hes the son of the greensborough fc vice president and definately knows whats going on down there. Apparently with the success of Micky O playing for them against monty last week they are getting another big name ex-AFL player in for a one game stint for the next home against Heidelberg.
Apparently the man who will be playing for Greensborough vs Heidelberg will be none other than Dale Lewis

Seen Joshua Grubb greensborough forward on the jobsite today. Hes the son of the greensborough fc vice president and definately knows whats going on down there. Apparently with the success of Micky O playing for them against monty last week they are getting another big name ex-AFL player in for a one game stint for the next home against Heidelberg.
Apparently the man who will be playing for Greensborough vs Heidelberg will be none other than Dale Lewis

Better hide the recreational and performance enhancing substances!

When would be the last time Lewis pulled on a boot in anger? Would anyone seriusly be interested in watching him play?

Thought it was a good initiative by the Slime last weekend but I think the novelty would wear off pretty quickly if it became too commonplace. Seems to be a lot of ex AFL guys cottoning onto the easy money to be made from cashing in on old reputations these days in both country and metro footy now. How many of em you'd actually pay to see.... ? That list would be a lot shorter than the list of ones with their hands out!

I like the idea of someone like Mickey O coming in for one game, he was fantastic and the crowd was big. Not sure about getting another name in though, but if it works and the club benefits then I guess it's a good thing.

Lol dale Lewis is 44 and seriously doesn't have anywhere near the appeal to watch as Micky O. I hope this is a joke.

There is no doubt the forward line world be Cloke, Moorcroft and the centre Dyson (Recruit of the year) Shaw.
There's my contribution.

Probably a bit overrated I'd have thought is moorcroft... Cloke definitely, the other 3 are questionable !! Ryan jackson , willits, Fitzgerald, tenant, nayna and Keenan would all have to be close to selection !! Big month coming up for mont, hopefully keep the foot on the pedal And cement a top 2 spot and win that ever elusive first qualifying if they get there !!! I think if they can win that first final it will go a long way to instilling a lot of confidence in them !! Playing games on big grounds in the lead up is a fantastic opportunity for the boys to get the run in there legs And practice how they'd play at Cramer street !!! All being said, northcote , heidelberg and bundoora are all going to finish very strong , should make for a great second half along with a great finals series ....
Also any word on big Micky gay ? Still a tiger ?? I've been overseas for a couple of weeks so I'm not sure on any news !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was sceptical about this also, so i did some sniffing around. Asked a few blokes i know close to the burra and he is planning on attending both trainings for the boro next week, even if its for half an hour or so. Its also being talked about on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/LocalFootyR..._id=1697736&ref=notif&notif_t=comment_mention

Probably a bit overrated I'd have thought is moorcroft... Cloke definitely, the other 3 are questionable !! Ryan jackson , willits, Fitzgerald, tenant, nayna and Keenan would all have to be close to selection !! Big month coming up for mont, hopefully keep the foot on the pedal And cement a top 2 spot and win that ever elusive first qualifying if they get there !!! I think if they can win that first final it will go a long way to instilling a lot of confidence in them !! Playing games on big grounds in the lead up is a fantastic opportunity for the boys to get the run in there legs And practice how they'd play at Cramer street !!! All being said, northcote , heidelberg and bundoora are all going to finish very strong , should make for a great second half along with a great finals series ....
Also any word on big Micky gay ? Still a tiger ?? I've been overseas for a couple of weeks so I'm not sure on any news !
Why do u think Moorcroft is overated? Reigning leader goalkicker amd is having another great year as a small forward. Name 1 better small forward in the comp? Yeh all those Mont boys will probably get in apart from Willits. Will not get in as a ruckmen ahead of Dennis or Finn!

There is no doubt the forward line world be Cloke, Moorcroft and the centre Dyson (Recruit of the year) Shaw.
There's my contribution.
Dyson recruit of the year? Dunno about that. From all accounts I've heard he hasn't been that great for an ex afl player

Willits might not be as good as Finn or Dennis in the ruck, but around the ground and in front of goal for a ruckmen I think he's proving to be the best big man in the comp ! As for dyson he's good but he hasn't set the world on fire in this league ... Still can't believe Murphy is back at Heidelberg , I thought they got rid of that bit of dead wood to move forward ... Greensborough a smoky

Willits might not be as good as Finn or Dennis in the ruck, but around the ground and in front of goal for a ruckmen I think he's proving to be the best big man in the comp ! As for dyson he's good but he hasn't set the world on fire in this league ... Still can't believe Murphy is back at Heidelberg , I thought they got rid of that bit of dead wood to move forward ... Greensborough a smoky

Im pretty confident Boro will knock them off.

Had a bit of a play around last night, let me know what you guys think.

B: J. Kennedy (Heid) T. Barbero (Bun) B. McNiece (NP)

HB: R. Dyson (Bun) S. Tennant (Mont) N. Carter (NP)

C: C. Corr (Mac) B. Davies (NP) B. Barden (LP)

HF: B. Walton (Mont) C. Cloke (Bun) J. Donaldson (Mont)

F: K. Colman (NP) P. Fitzgerald (Mont) G. Moorcroft (Bun)

R: R. Willits (Mont) J. Allan (Heid) R. Jackson (Mont)

Int:
M. Finn (Heid)
G. Connelly (Elt)
T. Bongetti (GB)
D. Nolan (Heid)

Not a bad effort, I did the same thing, keep in mind I haven't seen some sides play that many times and I have a couple of blokes in some different spots so I could squeeze them in.

FB: B. McNiece (NP), C. Flint (Mont), J. Kennedy (Heid)

HB: M. Hyde (Greens), S. Tennant (Mont), T. Barbero (Bund)

C: D. Morris (NP), G. Connelly (Elt), B. Barden (LP)

HF: T. Bongetti (Greens), C. Cloke (Bund), K. Colman (NP)

FF: G. Moorcroft (Bund), P. Fitzgerald (Mont), M. Papas (NP)

FOLL: M. Dennis (Bund), R. Jackson (Mont), B. Davies (NP)

INT: R. Willits (Mont), D. Barden (LP), A. Papaluca (Bund), R. Dyson (Bund)

Stiff: J. Allan (Heid), C. Varsamakis (Bund), M. Finn (Heid), B. Walton (Mont)

great to see b mcniece dmorris from np been their form players this year also dledda must be stiff absolute gun young bloke overall very good side always impossible to get everyone in

How could you possibly put billy Barden on a wing ? He's the most over rated players in the league , if he was half as good as he's dad he'd be a great player but he's not !! I'd have conlan gun before papaluca.. Gunny is equal to Keenan from mont as the two most consistent players in the league !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back