Media Season 23 Media Awards and Okeydoke7 Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Darn it, I thought I did just enough, and then EJW comes on the position I wanted and has a slightly better game! (There's no replacing Oddhawk, he's a gun.)

Congrats Buddy, really well earned! You take the cherries this time around. I'll hopefully get mine in R3... hopefully!
I am making THAT my...............

sto.jpg

Elton Johns Merkin more like it
200.gif

Red mist mate, get in here, its happening again!!

#FRESSSHHHHHH from you Crowy

Darn it, I thought I did just enough, and then EJW comes on the position I wanted and has a slightly better game! (There's no replacing Oddhawk, he's a gun.)

Congrats Buddy, really well earned! You take the cherries this time around. I'll hopefully get mine in R3... hopefully!

I may as well not bother next week and aim to peak the week after :p

nabsfa_zpseev9vkw0.png

Round 2, and ClarkeM's exhibition match on the West Coast Eagles board brought another 4 or 5 curious travellers to the land of Sweet. 06Premiers boosted the Wolves stocks with an impressive 28 post/98 point debut; boondy surprised the Swamprats with a lazy 63 posts, and matt_bas and avishka5 merged seamlessly into the Bears lair.

Some of the unlucky debutants from week one were also pipped at the post this week. JackNah_8 followed up his 107-post debut with another 60-odd; Avatarp has been prolific both weeks and is not far off a nomination either, and Blaze Storm blazed a storm through the Furies with an amazing 257 posts. Tony Lynn 15 was another eligible rookie to pass 200 posts, but this award is based on playing stats, and two rookies stood out this week.

Amongst the most impressive early debutants was Elton Johns Wig for the East Side Hawks. After latching onto The Filth Wizard's coat-tails before S22 had concluded, EJW has made himself right at home in the league, joining in on Survivor, SuperQoach and Werewolf, and creating a fledgling media career. He was most unlucky to miss out on the inaugural nomination with a 73 post/53 DT debut, but ultimately this performance earnt him the ruck position for week 2, and he shone with 19 hitouts, 18 kicks, 8 handballs and 2 goals to amass 114 DT points.

The other week 2 standout was Fryer Tuck. Since joining the Mt Buller Demons from the Collingwood exhibition game, the Monsignor has quietly become heavily involved in the SFA, showing initiative to update the SFA's Wiki page, and creating the longest OP in a Media thread since the halcyon days of okeydoke7. After a relatively modest 23 post debut, he was named on the wing against the Roys due to his Match thread performance of 73 posts (and RU_'s determination to subjugate BRAB ). From here, he utterly dominated, with 15 kicks, 8 marks and 12 handballs, giving him a DT score of 106.

The panel was split on the nomination this week, but the verdict narrowly fell in favour of.... (drum roll...)

152795.jpg

Congratulations to Elton Johns Wig, the Round 2 Nomination for the SFA Rising Star award.
Apart from the above-mentioned stellar game, EJW held the fort for the Hawks against the Bomber rookie hordes, with these retorts some of his best:

The Filth Wizard Mr Eagle ...you got a good 'un :thumbsu:
Congrats Elton Johns Wig .... I was barracking hard for my team mate Tony Lynn 15 , but you're obviously a worthy recipient.

I got a front row seat the EJW show last week and he was impressive on and off the field... Made the match thread a lot of fun. Not to mention lifting the IQ level in there...

Well done, well deserved, EJW...

nabsfa_zpseev9vkw0.png

Round 2, and ClarkeM's exhibition match on the West Coast Eagles board brought another 4 or 5 curious travellers to the land of Sweet. 06Premiers boosted the Wolves stocks with an impressive 28 post/98 point debut; boondy surprised the Swamprats with a lazy 63 posts, and matt_bas and avishka5 merged seamlessly into the Bears lair.

Some of the unlucky debutants from week one were also pipped at the post this week. JackNah_8 followed up his 107-post debut with another 60-odd; Avatarp has been prolific both weeks and is not far off a nomination either, and Blaze Storm blazed a storm through the Furies with an amazing 257 posts. Tony Lynn 15 was another eligible rookie to pass 200 posts, but this award is based on playing stats, and two rookies stood out this week.

Amongst the most impressive early debutants was Elton Johns Wig for the East Side Hawks. After latching onto The Filth Wizard's coat-tails before S22 had concluded, EJW has made himself right at home in the league, joining in on Survivor, SuperQoach and Werewolf, and creating a fledgling media career. He was most unlucky to miss out on the inaugural nomination with a 73 post/53 DT debut, but ultimately this performance earnt him the ruck position for week 2, and he shone with 19 hitouts, 18 kicks, 8 handballs and 2 goals to amass 114 DT points.

The other week 2 standout was Fryer Tuck. Since joining the Mt Buller Demons from the Collingwood exhibition game, the Monsignor has quietly become heavily involved in the SFA, showing initiative to update the SFA's Wiki page, and creating the longest OP in a Media thread since the halcyon days of okeydoke7. After a relatively modest 23 post debut, he was named on the wing against the Roys due to his Match thread performance of 73 posts (and RU_'s determination to subjugate BRAB ). From here, he utterly dominated, with 15 kicks, 8 marks and 12 handballs, giving him a DT score of 106.

The panel was split on the nomination this week, but the verdict narrowly fell in favour of.... (drum roll...)

152795.jpg

Congratulations to Elton Johns Wig, the Round 2 Nomination for the SFA Rising Star award.
Apart from the above-mentioned stellar game, EJW held the fort for the Hawks against the Bomber rookie hordes, with these retorts some of his best:

The Filth Wizard Mr Eagle ...you got a good 'un :thumbsu:
My merge was so perfect it's almost as if I wasn't even on field

Congrats Elton Johns Wig .... I was barracking hard for my team mate Tony Lynn 15 , but you're obviously a worthy recipient.

I got a front row seat the EJW show last week and he was impressive on and off the field... Made the match thread a lot of fun. Not to mention lifting the IQ level in there...

Well done, well deserved, EJW...
Ohhhh Tony will be nominated, as will others from the Bombers. Plenty of good things happening in the Sandpit!!!

Thanks Coach, you're a lot of fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to Elton Johns Wig, the Round 2 Nomination for the SFA Rising Star award.​
Apart from the above-mentioned stellar game, EJW held the fort for the Hawks against the Bomber rookie hordes, with these retorts some of his best.
Superb retorts!
Calling it now, the EJ Wit will shit in the award....Congratulations:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Season 23 Media Awards and Okeydoke7 Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back