Official Match Thread Season 30 Round 10: Fighting Furies vs Dragons FFC at rfctigerarmy's Hippodrome (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the week Furies. You're a unique lot, and I'm glad we don't have to face you every week - but you're a nice change of pace from the other clubs. It's always fun stirring up the likes of TJASTA, The Half Back, Hate and Tigerturbulance, whilst Bastyy and Mister M are looking like the future of the Furies. Catch you guys in the finals. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn, it looks like staying away from the match thread all week is the way to win your match up!

Thanks for the week Bombers Dragons, time to freshen up Furies, get back on that winning list!

Thanks for simming Barrybran and thanks for the week Furies (I'll spell it right just this once Mister M ). Great game and it was only in the twilight of the match that we ran away with it.

Definitely a unique and diverse posting squad you got going there too. Until next time!

Top 10 -3.jpg

It seems some of the posts from last night have struck a bit of a nerve, so I've gone a little less personal with this one. That being said, it wasn't like I was insulting TheCoach16 or Grand Uncle Horace. I was actually showing how they're LESS painful than a Furies thread. If anyone should've "taken umbrage", I would have assumed it to be the Furies themselves, but there you go.

In this new era of coronavirus, there have been a number of new painful experiences for all of us to enjoy. There's been the horror of having to spend 24 hours a day with the same people, the limitation of freedom by being forced to wear masks (apparently this is a Big Deal) and listening to simple-minded politicians turning misunderstanding simple science into an artform. But nothing comes even close to doing your civic duty and sanitising your hands without remembering that you just pulled a hangnail off the side of one of your fingernails.

finger.jpg
No doubt TheCoach16 will be quick to point
out it's actually called eponychium.

It might not last long, but that unique sting is like a thousand fiery devils burrowing their way under your skin, determined to enter your soul via your bloodstream and corrupt you to the point you lash out violently at anything in your immediate vicinity.

A Furies thread is almost exactly like that few seconds of 80% alcohol induced agony, but it instead last for 6 days. Excruciating and in most developed countries considered a form of inhumane torture.

View attachment 977324

It seems some of the posts from last night have struck a bit of a nerve, so I've gone a little less personal with this one. That being said, it wasn't like I was insulting TheCoach16 or Grand Uncle Horace. I was actually showing how they're LESS painful than a Furies thread. If anyone should've "taken umbrage", I would have assumed it to be the Furies themselves, but there you go.

In this new era of coronavirus, there have been a number of new painful experiences for all of us to enjoy. There's been the horror of having to spend 24 hours a day with the same people, the limitation of freedom by being forced to wear masks (apparently this is a Big Deal) and listening to simple-minded politicians turning misunderstanding simple science into an artform. But nothing comes even close to doing your civic duty and sanitising your hands without remembering that you just pulled a hangnail off the side of one of your fingernails.

View attachment 977336

It might not last long, but that unique sting is like a thousand fiery devils burrowing their way under your skin, determined to enter your soul via your bloodstream and corrupt you to the point you lash out violently at anything in your immediate vicinity.

A Furies thread is almost exactly like that few seconds of 80% alcohol induced agony, but it instead last for 6 days. Excruciating and in most developed countries considered a form of inhumane torture.
Haha gold. Please do finish this.

View attachment 977324

View attachment 977336

giphy%20-%202020-04-03T104617.483.gif

Top 10 -2.jpg

As I'm sure you can understand, I've completely tuned out of this thread. To be honest, I can't even be bothered checking out how the actual game went because I don't want to mistakenly read some Furies posting and inflict further misery on my poor, poor eyes. So without confirming, I'll have to only assume that AceAndy exposed everyone to his "tradition" of posting what is quite comfortably the worst piece of music ever recorded by humans.

1601791029274.png
Don't worry, this isn't actually a link to the song,
because then I would just be part of the problem.

If I'm being honest, I would rather go down to my local newsagency and purchase two brand new 3H pencils and a pencil sharpener, sharpen them both to a point and gently nestle them deeper and deeper into my ears before slamming my hands onto the side of my head, permanently rupturing both eardrums and leaving me deaf for the rest of my life than put myself through the agony of hearing Rebecca Black's "masterpiece" even one more time.

But unfortunately ... stabbing away my hearing for eternity with some sharpened pencils wouldn't have saved me from the eye-wateringly inane "content" we've all had to endure this week. So not only is the song itself less painful than a Furies thread, but so is the alternate punishment to ever listening to Friday again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 30 Round 10: Fighting Furies vs Dragons FFC at rfctigerarmy's Hippodrome (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back