Official Match Thread Season 30 Round 10: Fighting Furies vs Dragons FFC at rfctigerarmy's Hippodrome (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Furies are always a tough team to get past on the Qooty field and it looked like they had the momentum going into the last. A great last quarter by the Dragons (probably our best this season) and we were able to get past a very tough opponent. Great games by VandoHawk and serial_thrilla and the best fullback in the league Pie 4 Life held the dangerous @The Half Backto just one kick.

Thanks for a great week in the match thread Furies and best of luck for the remainder of the season and i feel we might meet again in the finals.

View attachment 977341

As I'm sure you can understand, I've completely tuned out of this thread. To be honest, I can't even be bothered checking out how the actual game went because I don't want to mistakenly read some Furies posting and inflict further misery on my poor, poor eyes. So without confirming, I'll have to only assume that AceAndy exposed everyone to his "tradition" of posting what is quite comfortably the worst piece of music ever recorded by humans.

View attachment 977340
Don't worry, this isn't actually a link to the song,
because then I would just be part of the problem.

If I'm being honest, I would rather go down to my local newsagency and purchase two brand new 3H pencils and a pencil sharpener, sharpen them both to a point and gently nestle them deeper and deeper into my ears before slamming my hands onto the side of my head, permanently rupturing both eardrums and leaving me deaf for the rest of my life than put myself through the agony of hearing Rebecca Black's "masterpiece" even one more time.

But unfortunately ... stabbing away my hearing for eternity with some sharpened pencils wouldn't have saved me from the eye-wateringly inane "content" we've all had to endure this week. So not only is the song itself less painful than a Furies thread, but so is the alternate punishment to ever listening to Friday again.
Controversial but hard to argue with this one

And a drumroll for #1 please ...

View attachment 977390

Enough said. Furies, you really need to pick up your game if even spending time with the Bombers would be less painful.

Thank god that's over.
things less painful that that series

a furies match thread

Great game Dragons--- well done!

I've really enjoyed this week-- you're a fun mob to banter with.

I especially enjoyed playing against some of my old Vamps friends

T2B_ MC Bad Genius VandoHawk Bradesmaen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice win Dragons! A bit of a strange game, dominating early before things really tightened up in the last part of the second term and during the third to trail by a goal at three quarter time only to then dominate the last quarter to record a comfortable win.

serial_thrilla was the standout today with a strong game, VandoHawk also produced his best game for the club with 32 disposals while A Swallow, Knifey Spoony and Matt_352 produced very good games too.

Great to get back on the winners' list with a good win against a tough opponent. Things will only get tougher again next week so we'll need to go up a gear again for our match against the Swamprats. :thumbsu:

Go Dragons!! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 30 Round 10: Fighting Furies vs Dragons FFC at rfctigerarmy's Hippodrome (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back