Official Match Thread Season 31 Round 9 - Coney Island Warriors vs Sin City Swamprats at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

CONEY ISLAND SONG CONTEST ROUND 9

welcome back to the SC everyone, I’ll keep the intro brief this week

contest is open to all wazzas and Swamprats, theme is ‘Religious terms’, can be any religion not just Christianity.

Send through your nominations via PM, nominations close at roughly the same time tomorrow night

churs

What's your favourite moment from the S27 GF? Mine would have to be sataris' winner in the dying seconds. I wonder what Test Tickle's most memorable moment is.

My last second turnover not costing us the game was up there.

Drinking so much I woke up stuck at the top of a mobile phone tower and had to be rescued was a highlight too.

CONEY ISLAND SONG CONTEST ROUND 9

welcome back to the SC everyone, I’ll keep the intro brief this week

contest is open to all wazzas and Swamprats, theme is ‘Religious terms’, can be any religion not just Christianity.

Send through your nominations via PM, nominations close at roughly the same time tomorrow night

churs

Shouldn't this wait until after the #ratoftheweek has been announced?

One of wildest matches ever (11/26/2005):

Why am I sharing this? Because it was crazy! It resulted in two movies, and one book. Every single Grêmio barracker can tell where he was and what he was doing that day.

And because of Lucas Leiva. He played the game.

At 5:43 I love how the guy does an extra roll on the ground in order to try and sell it more, as if it wasn't obvious enough the first time. (Obvious that he definitely got tripped but I guess you gotta milk it more.)

Also, 1:20, that was worse acting than Fabio Grosso against Australia in the 2006 World Cup.

Cannot wait for Qatar 2022. Or June, soccer is back for the Socceroos in June.

Without further ado, please give a round of applause to MannumPower, who is this week's #ratoftheweek.

#ratoftheweek - Round 9 Edition

Welcome to this Easter edition of #ratoftheweek. While many people will be forced into spending time with family, thankfully some of us will be busy at the pub preparing for a qooty blockbuster. It was at the Underground Stadium Life Members' bar where I caught up with this week's nominee. It was my first time being allowed to enter this mysterious venue, and I immediately felt unworthy upon seeing some of the photos and names on the various honour boards on the walls. There were still some sad looking ballons with #400 painted on them, and the bar looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. I make my way to meet with this week's nominee, and I find him sitting next to a photo of himself that is elegantly framed on the wall. It immediately becomes clear why he was quick to nominate Catsnlakers to be the one to don the bunny suit for this year's Easter egg hunt. Congratulations MannumPower!

mannum.png

Me: How does it feel to finally get some recognition for your greatness in the qooty world?
MP: Well my Mobbs Medal win was a good start all those years ago but I think the time has come for me to be immortalised , I mean I’ve come back from a few seasons break and I’m in career best qooty form. Hopefully people will start taking more notice of me.

Me: Is it true that you’ve reported all the match preview authors who haven’t acknowledged you?
MP: I have reported them all to the Independent Commission Against Corruption, their time will come.

Me: Did you ever find out who was responsible for the Alberton fire in the season 18/19 off season?
MP: A gentleman’s agreement was made between the parties involved that all insurance monies earnt would be shared between said parties .

Me: What is your best memory as a Rats player?
MP: Probably getting the Swamprats back into the SFA, the behind the scenes work was phenomenal as was the recruiting, to see what the club has achieved since its return is humbling.

Me: Are there any former Rats getting around that you’d like to see come back to the club?
MP: I would always welcome my co-conspirators spookism and Noobz0r, we had some great times together.

Author's note: there are still a few spots available on the Swamprats' roster.

Me: Your relentless style of getting stuck in to the opposition must take its toll. What are your tips for exercise, nutrition and hydration for other Rats posters who may be considering upping their own game?
MP: Learn from the best, there are some great posters in this league, Mobbs is my favourite his humour and ability to bring people into a match thread while also keeping the talk about qooty is how everyone should post.

Me: What would you say to those who believe the Rats received too much positive press during the recent #rats400week? Is GremioPower in danger of becoming the next Qeddie Mcguire?
MP: They will always hate us because they aint us.

Me: What improvements to the Underground Stadium would you like to see? LED lighting? Kiss cam?
MP: I've always wanted more in ground eskies in the oval. A special Mobbs Medal cleaner would be good seeing as the Swamprats always seem to win them.
Me: I'll definitely pass these on to philreich.

Well that's it folks. Another ripping episode of #ratoftheweek. Stay safe this Easter and just remember, if you stay home and don't drive anywhere you can drink as much as you please.

An event occurred tonight, that's surely even rarer than a Warriors finals win. I went to the local tavern with a mate and his son in law. We shared a few drinks and a healthy quantity of spicy chicken wings, and then watched in amazement, as 8 of our 10 Keno numbers came up. So we walked away with a cool $1000 - not a bad night out.

An event occurred tonight, that's surely even rarer than a Warriors finals win. I went to the local tavern with a mate and his son in law. We shared a few drinks and a healthy quantity of spicy chicken wings, and then watched in amazement, as 8 of our 10 Keno numbers came up. So we walked away with a cool $1000 - not a bad night out.

Money is nice, but tell us more about the chicken wings. Buffalo sauce?

Shit yeah, how many wings did they eat. Was the waitress hot. Did they use a QR code and hand sanitizer

Let's just say that, even if I have a poor game on Sunday, I've had at least one kick this week. Those wings kicked like a mule.
sh*t yeah, how many wings did they eat. Was the waitress hot. Did they use a QR code and hand sanitizer
2kgs between us - I'll probably skip breakfast tomorrow. Waitress: they wouldn't have employed her if she looked like Pauline Hanson......

Let's just say that, even if I have a poor game on Sunday, I've had at least one kick this week. Those wings kicked like a mule.
2kgs between us - I'll probably skip breakfast tomorrow. Waitress: they wouldn't have employed her if she looked like Pauline Hanson......
You lucky bugger.

WingIt on King Will does a good buffalo wing just quietly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's you but active.
Inactivity can be good. Just see the AFL.

It couldn’t be more busy, but they have Sadim’s Touch syndrome. Everything they put their hands on turn into sh*t, and they want to have their hands everywhere. Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned from this...

What's your favourite moment from the S27 GF? Mine would have to be sataris' winner in the dying seconds. I wonder what Test Tickle's most memorable moment is.
Wasn’t it against the Bears? We beat the Warriors in the Preliminary...

"Hello lawyer..."

You must repay the sum on $10,000 to DockerDen5215 for emotional distress.

Sign here:

Reminds me of the guy who rings his lawyer - the conversation goes like this:

Client: How much would it cost me to ask you 3 questions?
Lawyer: $500.
Client: What - that's a bit steep, isn't it?
Lawyer: Sure is: what's your 3rd question?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back