Official Match Thread Season 31 Round 9 - Gold City Royals vs Las Vegas Bears at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Or nominate a song with me so I can enter the latest round in spirit :)
Gimme the year and I'll give you the song. If it's not too rude to ask a lady their age.

Hoo the heck is metalcrisher......

We didn't want you to find out this way but we've found a way to bring Santoz back to the league.

Thanks for your service.

I was 10 when it came out, a lot of things were funny, especially if my dad liked it.

He's great at the absolute twat roles but as the central character without being offset by characters like Lister or the Cat its too much. You'd throttle someone like that.

We didn't want you to find out this way but we've found a way to bring Santoz back to the league.

Thanks for your service.

Oh. .. that’s harsh man .... harsh ....

He's great at the absolute twat roles but as the central character without being offset by characters like Lister or the Cat its too much. You'd throttle someone like that.

In retrospect I think I'll agree, he was somebody I really liked as a kid (and from the books and show I always liked Rimmer the most) as an actor but as time went by I did wonder why the Red Dwarf guys (excluding John-Jules) were rarely sighted otherwise.

I too would like to express my fondness for the TV show Red Dwarf.

sh*t, even I didn't recall it being that early. What a lifespan.

Sidenote Chris Barrie around the time had another sitcom called The Brittas Empire that I remember as being hilarious but has disappeared off the face of the earth.

Brittas Empire was the one where he ran the Swimming/Leisure Centre yeah?

Fun fact: Ace Rimmer was created because Chris Barrie was playing two arseh*le characters at the same time and wanted to be a nice guy for once.

In retrospect I think I'll agree, he was somebody I really liked as a kid (and from the books and show I always liked Rimmer the most) as an actor but as time went by I did wonder why the Red Dwarf guys (excluding John-Jules) were rarely sighted otherwise.

Didn't Craig Charles have a huge stint on a UK soap like Eastenders or something like that?

I too would like to express my fondness for the TV show Red Dwarf.

Brittas Empire was the one where he ran the Swimming/Leisure Centre yeah?

Fun fact: Ace Rimmer was created because Chris Barrie was playing two a-hole characters at the same time and wanted to be a nice guy for once.

Didn't Craig Charles have a huge stint on a UK soap like Eastenders or something like that?

Yes to all.

You obviously never listened to my cousins attempts at the recorder Ula.

It was always too early for that, no matter the time.

I hid my kids recorder when they bought it home from school. I lasted about a week before I put it at the top of one of the bookcases ... found it 5 years later when we moved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised you didnt give Hot Cross Buns a blast Crushy.

you try and listen to three blind mice for three hours straight after school for five days .... off key... with that eerie slit note that they seem to hit quite well....

You obviously never listened to my cousins attempts at the recorder Ula.

It was always too early for that, no matter the time.
I did say music though. Still, at least the cuz is having a crack at it. Worse uses for hot air.

you try and listen to three blind mice for three hours straight after school for five days .... off key... with that eerie slit note that they seem to hit quite well....

That and a dud note on the violin were my pet peeves.

I lacked the dexterity to play the recorder in primary school, so i get moved on to the maraccas which is a much more difficult instrument ;)

This theme feels like a redux...
1989 :)
For my votes:

For my billy:

In between (and closest to what I reckon you might nom):

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 31 Round 9 - Gold City Royals vs Las Vegas Bears at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back