Official Match Thread SEASON 33 GRAND FINAL: ROYS FFC V EAST SIDE PHOENIX at SFA PARK

Who will win the S33 SFA Grand Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tex Walker booked an extra seat for the premiership cup on the plane home in 2017 - didn't quite work out for him :).

But Tex Walker is a turkey, Porps is a much clever Phoenix 😏

Doesn't sound as weird as the names some kids have to endure from their stupid parents. I remember hearing about a soccer nut in WA - his surname was Mann, but he lumbered his poor first born son with all 56 names of the 1972 Brazilian World Cup winning squad.

Wow, I’ve heard of some odd names but that’s the worst. I met a Wolfgang and goodness knows how many ‘Neveah’s I’ve met 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

... TOP TEN FIRSTS

1. First single or album you bought

The first CD that was bought FOR me was The Corrs' first album Forgiven, Not Forgotten. As for the first one I bought MYSELF I really couldn't tell you... I do have a vague memory of buying 4 Strings' single for "Diving" and that would've been 2002 (I was 13).

2. First kiss
It was 30th December 2009, I had recently turned 21 and it was with the guy who would become my very first boyfriend. Our first date was at Semaphore Beach. We got fish and chips, can't remember if we sat on the sand or on the grass somewhere. After we'd finished eating I remember his face coming round to maul my face. I thought, "WHAT?! This is what kissing is like?! What a let down...." because he stuck his tongue straight down my throat. Lovely -_- Should've been a red flag from the start LOL. I ended up dating this guy for 3 years when it should've only been 1 lol...

3. First law you ever broke
LOL. I've never broken the law. I don't plan on doing it either. Is this a common thing or something?! Am I meant to have broken the law?

4. First beer
Ignoring the sips of beer my dad might've let me try... I remember on a volunteer trip for Uni with two others in mid-2009 we went down to Innes National Park. One night we bought James Boag's from the local pub and sat at the end of the Stenhouse Bay Jetty to drink them. It was okay, but I'm really not a fan of beer.

5. First celebrity crush
Oooh... I was absolutely OBSESSED with Tom Felton who plays Draco Malfoy in HP, shortly after Chamber of Secrets came out in 2002. Before that, I'm not sure, probably lots of random celebs but nobody too specific. I still like Tom now - I have met him at a Supernova convention, and he just seems like genuine dude :)

6. First purchase that made you feel like an adult
Signing the papers for a block of land (I was 24).

7. First nickname
My dad called me 'Spud' as a baby because of my shiny bald head :p That doesn't really count. I was always known as 'Jess' amongst my high school friends, nothing else exciting unfortunately for you.

8. First time your mind was blown
You're really testing the memory here, MCBG... I remember being blown away by the old 3D IMAX theatre when we had one, went there twice as a kid. As an adult, a guy I dated back in 2014 told me about a website where you could zoom in to see the smallest objects in the universe, and then zoom out to see the largest objects in the universe and holy shit that really did blow my mind, like this:

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Here's the site: The Scale of the Universe 2

9. First footy idol
I loved Tony Modra as a kid, naturally. Loved Andrew McLeod too. When I was older and started getting more into footy and going to games, Jason Porplyzia was my favourite, obviously ;) "If it's goals you want, he'll por-please-ya!"

10. First post on Bigfooty
In the "Adelaide players in your Dream Team?" thread:

First post here :) I was actually a member here a long time ago but sadly, forgotten my username and everything.

Anyway, here are the Crows in my Dream Teams:

For AFL Dream Team
  • Porplyzia
  • Maric
  • Bock
  • Hentschel
  • Mackay
  • Walker*
  • Petrenko*
  • Cook*
  • Tippett*

For Supercoach
  • Porplyzia
  • Maric
  • Bock
  • Vince
  • Hentschel
  • Walker*
  • Petrenko*
  • Dangerfield*
  • Cook*
  • Sellar*

*On my subs/reserves bench.

I think Walker is going to be a standout. Also have high hopes for Petrenko and Hentschel.

But holy crap, I didn't realise just how many Crows players I really had, but, if you take away my reserves/subs bench, it's not so big lol. Problem is, I know more about the ~cheap~ Crows players obviously, so that just made it too easy to pick them. I wonder if I'll regret picking Porplyzia.... He's my favourite player so I'm a bit biased and may have picked him a little more with my heart, rather than my head.
I did not even remember I used to have a different username lol what... XD I wonder what it was?!

... TOP TEN FIRSTS

1. First single or album you bought

The first CD that was bought FOR me was The Corrs' first album Forgiven, Not Forgotten. As for the first one I bought MYSELF I really couldn't tell you... I do have a vague memory of buying 4 Strings' single for "Diving" and that would've been 2002 (I was 13).

2. First kiss
It was 30th December 2009, I had recently turned 21 and it was with the guy who would become my very first boyfriend. Our first date was at Semaphore Beach. We got fish and chips, can't remember if we sat on the sand or on the grass somewhere. After we'd finished eating I remember he his face coming round to maul my face. I thought, "WHAT?! This is what kissing is like?! What a let down...." because he stuck his tongue straight down my throat. Lovely -_- Should've been a red flag from the start LOL. I ended up dating this guy for 3 years when it should've only been 1 lol...

LOL. I've never broken the law. I don't plan on doing it either. Is this a common thing or something?! Am I meant to have broken the law?

4. First beer
Ignoring the sips of beer my dad might've let me try... I remember on a volunteer trip for Uni with two others in mid-2009 we went down to Innes National Park. One night we bought James Boag's from the local pub and sat at the end of the Stenhouse Bay Jetty to drink them. It was okay, but I'm really not a fan of beer.

5. First celebrity crush
Oooh... I was absolutely OBSESSED with Tom Felton who plays Draco Malfoy in HP, shortly after Chamber of Secrets came out in 2002. Before that, I'm not sure, probably lots of random celebs but nobody too specific. I still like Tom now - I have met him at a Supernova convention, and he just seems like genuine dude :)

Signing the papers for a block of land (I was 24).

7. First nickname
My dad called me 'Spud' as a baby because of my shiny bald head :p That doesn't really count. I was always known as 'Jess' amongst my high school friends, nothing else exciting unfortunately for you.

You're really testing the memory here, MCBG... I remember being blown away by the old 3D IMAX theatre when we had one, went there twice as a kid. As an adult, a guy I dated back in 2014 told me about a website where you could zoom in to see the smallest objects in the universe, and then zoom out to see the largest objects in the universe and holy s**t that really did blow my mind, like this:

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Here's the site: The Scale of the Universe 2

9. First footy idol
I loved Tony Modra as a kid, naturally. Loved Andrew McLeod too. When I was older and started getting more into footy and going to games, Jason Porplyzia was my favourite, obviously ;) "If it's goals you want, he'll por-please-ya!"

In the "Adelaide players in your Dream Team?" thread:

I did not even remember I used to have a different username lol what... XD I wonder what it was?!

I am shocked that you had Porps in your teams

Wow, I’ve heard of some odd names but that’s the worst. I met a Wolfgang and goodness knows how many ‘Neveah’s I’ve met 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
Almost as weird - I read somewhere about a couple who had a beautiful little girl. They had all these names in mind for their little princess, but they had trouble deciding between them. So they made the bizarre decision to give her ALL of them - this poor kid inherited 138 middle names!!!!!!

Imagine being the poor sucker who married her - the minister says, "Repeat after me - I, Charles take you ________________________________________
___________________________________etc to be my lawfully wedded wife."

Almost as weird - I read somewhere about a couple who had a beautiful little girl. They had all these names in mind for their little princess, but they had trouble deciding between them. So they made the bizarre decision to give her ALL of them - this poor kid inherited 138 middle names!!!!!!

Imagine being the poor sucker who married her - the minister says, "Repeat after me - I, Charles take you ________________________________________
Surely that isn't true lol. Laws wouldn't allow that sort of crap to happen.

That's acceptable to me, it's a German name. There was an older geologist at my work (since retired) named Wolfgang, he was born in Germany :)

Unfortunately it was a bogan Caucasian, nothing to do with German heritage. I believe their last name was Stone 🤔

I don’t believe this one ^

How many Roys players does it take to change a light bulb?

None, because I would do it for them.

How would tackle the lightbulb if the whole Furies squad were complaining about how the lightbulb wasn’t interesting enough?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

team up with the lightbulb and take out the furies

I didn’t know it when I asked, but that’s the perfect response.

10 GIF

team up with the lightbulb and take out the furies
I reckon the admin and committee should make the decision to disband the Furies for the introduction of the Old Boys next season - gets rid of the bye :).

I reckon the admin and committee should make the decision to disband the Furies for the introduction of the Old Boys next season - gets rid of the bye :).

East Side Phoenix does not sign any Furies :p

. First single or album you bought
2. First kiss
4. First beer
5. First celebrity crush
7. First nickname
9. First footy idol
Uncle Horrie's List of Firsts!

1. First Single - "The Loved One" by the Loved Ones. I tried to look like and affect the same cool as their lead singer, Gerry Humphreys - epic fails on both counts.

2. First Kiss - No not a pretty Roman lass, but Bev who I started going out with in late Primary School. Her dad offered me a discount if I did the wrong thing. As he ran a Funeral Home I was appropriately 'mortified'.

3. First Law broken - Possibly road rules on my bike, Probably cutting the wire and playing on a few holes round dawn at Royal Melbourne and Victoria Golf Courses. Did this a few times with mates. I would have been 14. Was smoking around that age as well (not sure if that was illegal or encouraged, lol)

4. First Beer. Around 14. Should remember but Korsakoffs affects memory.

5. First Celeb crush - Pat Carroll (was in a duo with Olivia NJ).

6. First purchase that made you feel like an adult - new golf clubs

7. First nickname - Hardway. Given by family and reinforced by others because I would allegedly never do something the easy way.

8. First time your mind was blown - The first time I heard Jimi Hendrix.

9. First footy idol - Ron Clegg, just ahead of RJ Skilton.

10. First post on Bigfooty - Lost in the mists. It was 2007 and it was a typically gentle post about the need for the WCE 2006 GF win to have a massive asterisk. The post was expunged and my account was nuked.

I was wondering if TedDougChris was going to turn back the clock and put me in the midfield.
Clearly he's not a sentimental old fart.

TDC is not a Sentimental Old Fart. He may be a liar, a pig, an idiot, a Communist, a Sentimental Old Fart - but he is NOT a pr0n star!

Uncle Horrie's List of Firsts!

1. First Single - "The Loved One" by the Loved Ones. I tried to look like and affect the same cool as their lead singer, Gerry Humphreys - epic fails on both counts.

2. First Kiss - No not a pretty Roman lass, but Bev who I started going out with in late Primary School. Her dad offered me a discount if I did the wrong thing. As he ran a Funeral Home I was appropriately 'mortified'.

3. First Law broken - Possibly road rules on my bike, Probably cutting the wire and playing on a few holes round dawn at Royal Melbourne and Victoria Golf Courses. Did this a few times with mates. I would have been 14. Was smoking around that age as well (not sure if that was illegal or encouraged, lol)

4. First Beer. Around 14. Should remember but Korsakoffs affects memory.

5. First Celeb crush - Pat Carroll (was in a duo with Olivia NJ).

6. First purchase that made you feel like an adult - new golf clubs

7. First nickname - Hardway. Given by family and reinforced by others because I would allegedly never do something the easy way.

8. First time your mind was blown - The first time I heard Jimi Hendrix.

9. First footy idol - Ron Clegg, just ahead of RJ Skilton.

10. First post on Bigfooty - Lost in the mists. It was 2007 and it was a typically gentle post about the need for the WCE 2006 GF win to have a massive asterisk. The post was expunged and my account was nuked.
Haha love your answers!

If you want to have your voice heard on who should be the half-time entertainment this Sunday, check out this thread and cast your vote (before midnight on Saturday night):

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread SEASON 33 GRAND FINAL: ROYS FFC V EAST SIDE PHOENIX at SFA PARK

Back