Official Match Thread SEASON 33 GRAND FINAL: ROYS FFC V EAST SIDE PHOENIX at SFA PARK

Who will win the S33 SFA Grand Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow - a guy watches some chess and goes to bed and he misses some zingers!

I didn’t even know you had to be tall to watch footy. Was the tv fairly high up in your house?

I understand this is a dad joke but it made me spit my coffee, high quality.
Poor old Norf… even Suns supporters are laughing at their misfortune. Don’t think I didn’t notice that laugh react thewizardmelon
👀
In fairness, we’ve been laughed at for a decade so it’s nice to not be that guy for once.
I have a Cam Newton Jersey also a Panthers Jersey, a Panthers Tee and a Panthers jumper!

One of the AFL journalists I know is a die-hard Carolina fan, but then also supports port and hates Geelong so hey 🤷🏼‍♂️😂
Hell, I'm still a Lakers fanatic, been a while since we've been relevant.

Nice - lakers represent! I thoroughly enjoy supporting teams across the world that are good enough in prime time/to get close, but then never get over the line. Yes I KNOW I’m a privileged sports fan, but watching GB perennially get knocked out in the playoffs for basically the entirety of my fandom is such a cruel fate, haha.

monty python and the holy grail insult GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we've finally reached Thursday (aka manangatang's fourth favourite day of the week) of Grand Final week, so it's time to get on board with ...

TOP TEN THURSDAY

This much-loved tradition is a pretty simple one - each Thursday in the match thread, a theme is posted at 10am(ish) and than anyone that wants to join in lists their top ten according to the theme. Previous themes have included TOP TEN MOVIES BASED ON REAL EVENTS, TOP TEN SANDWICHES and TOP TEN SHAPES FLAVOURS*, but considering this week is the biggest on the calendar, we're going to do something a little bit different, something a little special. We're going to be listing our ...

... TOP TEN FIRSTS

You can use the following list as your guide, or you can come up with whatever other firsts you would like to include:

1. First single or album you bought
2. First kiss
3. First law you ever broke
4. First beer
5. First celebrity crush
6. First purchase that made you feel like an adult
7. First nickname
8. First time your mind was blown
9. First footy idol
10. First post on Bigfooty

There aren't any other rules for Top Ten Thursday except that your list needs to have ten entries (no more, no less) and while explanations aren't necessary, they make the whole thing more interesting. Of course, ripping apart other nominations is definitely allowed/encouraged.

* Can you believe PMBangers chose Savoury as his #1? What a weirdo.
Everyone don't forget about doing this if you are so inclined :)

Nice - lakers represent! I thoroughly enjoy supporting teams across the world that are good enough in prime time/to get close, but then never get over the line. Yes I KNOW I’m a privileged sports fan, but watching GB perennially get knocked out in the playoffs for basically the entirety of my fandom is such a cruel fate, haha.

The current generation forgets that Duke University sent men's basketball teams to the Final Four for YEARS before ever tasting ultimate success.

I know, I was in the same class as Jay Bilas and Johnny Dawkins.

So if Phil says it, we laugh, but if I say it, it’s a slap? 🤔

Seems fair 🙄😂

Edit: I’m surprised Wosh didn’t give me a carrot for that haha
No Phil would get the same reaction for that kinda joke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread SEASON 33 GRAND FINAL: ROYS FFC V EAST SIDE PHOENIX at SFA PARK

Back