Official Match Thread SEASON 33 GRAND FINAL: ROYS FFC V EAST SIDE PHOENIX at SFA PARK

Who will win the S33 SFA Grand Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

western clint eastwood GIF

52C6B9F0-3315-4AA4-9B4C-C9D9CE6F8733.gif

Yeah, I should have read further in the thread, duh. o_O
No not at all, I appreciate you posting the link! Would rather have too many than none at all

See I was right, JohannesburgPower owns most of South Africa, not South Australia. Y’all are getting your SAs confused. Arsenic is easily found in parts of South Africa. ArsenicPower is an arsenic mining baron. It all makes sense.

I used to obsess over it when I was a kid, right up to my late teens. I don’t really know why that fell back to more of a “normal” interest level… I think other things in life just start taking more of a front seat once you become a young adult and you have more options to steal your attention

Sex and alcohol are really freakin' awesome, aren't they?

I remember there once was a time where Adelaide was the only team that hadn't conceded a game to Gold Coast... Good times :p

Fun fact: except for the West Coast Eagles (No crowd) and that Port win (working interstate), I’ve seen the Suns beat every other side for the first time 😍😃

Sex, drugs and rock’n’roll - tell De Goey that. His interest in football appears to be waning at present 🤔😂

Lol I was actually going to say that it probably was the discovery of wine women and song that probably saw the decline of my footy interest 😂

Lol I was actually going to say that it probably was the discovery of wine women and song that probably saw the decline of my footy interest 😂
My lack of height shifted me from footy to tennis

My lack of height shifted me from footy to tennis
I didn’t even know you had to be tall to watch footy. Was the tv fairly high up in your house?

Now that you’re clearly awake Braklet are you a Panthers fan?

I am totally mixed up in this GF thread, multiple threads going...

Anyway, my NFL fandom is a little complicated. I root for both the Carolina Panthers and the Vegas Raiders, which earns a Spock eyebrow from most "serious" NFL fans.

The Raiders are the team of my youth, the Panthers of my adulthood.

Plus both mine and Mrs. Braklet's high schools used Panthers as their mascots, so we have that going too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t even know you had to be tall to watch footy. Was the tv fairly high up in your house?
I am an adopted hobbit

I am totally mixed up in this GF thread, multiple threads going...

Anyway, my NFL fandom is a little complicated. I root for both the Carolina Panthers and the Vegas Raiders, which earns a Spock eyebrow from most "serious" NFL fans.

The Raiders are the team of my youth, the Panthers of my adulthood.

Plus both mine and Mrs. Braklet's high schools used Panthers as their mascots, so we have that going too.

Haha you won’t find that eyebrow from me, or most other Aussie fans. Seems like good reasoning to me, are you from Oakland originally?

My sister-in-law is from Wisconsin, so that explains itself and I had a good mate playing at LSU so I chose that as my college team, haha.

That's acceptable to me, it's a German name. There was an older geologist at my work (since retired) named Wolfgang, he was born in Germany :)

I used to work for Bosch Telecom. Knew more than one Wolfgang colleague. :)

Is this sort of thing common in the US Braklet? I feel like they don’t always understand the concept of remaining loyal to a team through thick and thin… whenever you admit to liking a team that is struggling you get that Spock eyebrow like “oh why don’t you just switch to a more successful team??”

Just a very generalised observation, might be way off the mark

I used to work for Bosch Telecom. Knew more than one Wolfgang colleague. :)
I’m amazed, my knowledge of people called Wolfgang has quadrupled today 🤯

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread SEASON 33 GRAND FINAL: ROYS FFC V EAST SIDE PHOENIX at SFA PARK

Back