Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 4 - Mount Buller Demons v West Coast Wonders @ Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Screenshot_20230827-114453.png

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

And if not what is it with Richmond fans being named after noisy, industrial-y musicians?
That is a question that needs answering

No idea who that is but while I've got you here, do you have any artists/releases that need to be heard?
There's been lots of cool shit this year - the new Billy Woods album is predictably really good and probably my favourite hip-hop album of the year. So too are the the 2 new albums from Kink Gong - think collages of manipulated field recordings from Tibet and Tanzania.

Teether, a rapper from Melbourne, has been really impressing me too. He's dropped a few cool rap projects this year, but my favourite was actually this black metal album with percussionist Rama Parwata.

Been digging this free jazz from Japan too. Some cool experimental rock by Nusidm out of Brisbane.

More generally speaking, been digging this banger:

There's been lots of cool s**t this year - the new Billy Woods album is predictably really good and probably my favourite hip-hop album of the year. So too are the the 2 new albums from Kink Gong - think collages of manipulated field recordings from Tibet and Tanzania.

Teether, a rapper from Melbourne, has been really impressing me too. He's dropped a few cool rap projects this year, but my favourite was actually this black metal album with percussionist Rama Parwata.

Been digging this free jazz from Japan too. Some cool experimental rock by Nusidm out of Brisbane.

More generally speaking, been digging this banger:

Thank you kindly sir. You're always reliable.

Been digging the new Billy Woods also.

Haven't dipped those others into my ear holes yet but I will.

You legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you kindly sir. You're always reliable.

Been digging the new Billy Woods also.

Haven't dipped those others into my ear holes yet but I will.

You legend.
Do you have any recommendations from this year? Heard a bunch but spent the last month a bit out-of-the-loop starting to clear out a 3 year backlog of saved albums.

I reckon Yakker and Tarkyn_24 are going to put in joint BOG performances as goal kicking mids.

Hate will dominate the ruck and sausageroll will have the kind of game that makes him EKA favourite
Funnily enough, goal kicking mid is a perfect description for my qareer 😍

Do you have any recommendations from this year? Heard a bunch but spent the last month a bit out-of-the-loop starting to clear out a 3 year backlog of saved albums.
Don't know if any of this is your bag, and I'm not even sure if all of these were released this year but I found them this year.

Atmosphere. A proper release of a mix he put out on tour early 2000s. its nothing ground breaking but im a bit of a sucker for anything Rhymesayers entertainment adjacent.

Pale Jay. Smooth r&b. His jazz background is noticeable. Feels to have a bit more sonic depth than your standard r&b fare.

Nos Habet Caramel. Weird shit. I suppose it's like Egyptian breakbeat? I don't feel that's the best descriptor though. Just a record with great textures. Probably in my top 3 of the year.

Molchat Doma. Belarusian cold wave. Release 2018 but I only found it a few weeks ago. Very cool.

Victory Over the Sun. One woman black metal band. Absolutely crushing but with a few unexpected twists and turns. Just an immense record.

I could go on and on. It's been a really good year for discovery and even revisiting things I wasn't ready for in the past.

Also a pretty decent year for compilations. Stumbled across multiple top notch comps in the last month.

Don't know if any of this is your bag, and I'm not even sure if all of these were released this year but I found them this year.

Atmosphere. A proper release of a mix he put out on tour early 2000s. its nothing ground breaking but im a bit of a sucker for anything Rhymesayers entertainment adjacent.

Pale Jay. Smooth r&b. His jazz background is noticeable. Feels to have a bit more sonic depth than your standard r&b fare.

Nos Habet Caramel. Weird s**t. I suppose it's like Egyptian breakbeat? I don't feel that's the best descriptor though. Just a record with great textures. Probably in my top 3 of the year.

Molchat Doma. Belarusian cold wave. Release 2018 but I only found it a few weeks ago. Very cool.

Victory Over the Sun. One woman black metal band. Absolutely crushing but with a few unexpected twists and turns. Just an immense record.

I could go on and on. It's been a really good year for discovery and even revisiting things I wasn't ready for in the past.

Also a pretty decent year for compilations. Stumbled across multiple top notch comps in the last month.

I heard that Molchat Doma record as a classic YouTube recommendation a few years back - cool shit. Also had that El Kontessa album on my list for a few weeks since it popped up in the new and notable section on Bandcamp - keen to check it out.

Haven't heard of the rest, so keen to sink my teeth into them to drown out the football commentary this afternoon.

I heard that Molchat Doma record as a classic YouTube recommendation a few years back - cool s**t. Also had that El Kontessa album on my list for a few weeks since it popped up in the new and notable section on Bandcamp - keen to check it out.

Haven't heard of the rest, so keen to sink my teeth into them to drown out the football commentary this afternoon.
I also discovered that El Kontessa album from the new and notable section. Found a lot of gems in there. It's a great resource.

Going through their albums of the day also yields decent results.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 4 - Mount Buller Demons v West Coast Wonders @ Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back