Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 6 - Fighting Furies v Dragons FFC @ rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy The Office GIF

Night Pickitt. You legend 😍

You didn't like Mulholland Drive??

Im a massive Lynch fanboy. And in for a treat with Blue Velvet.

Mulholland Drive is a movie that I wouldn't say I enjoyed it while I watched it (well, there was a certain scene with Naomi Watts and Laura Harring I enjoyed immensely), but as soon as it stopped I thought about it. A lot. It's very rare for a film to have that effect upon me. So, while I wouldn't say it is an easy film to watch or an enjoyable one, I will say that due to making the viewer an active character (in the sense of interpreting the dream like structure to impose a sense of order upon it, the way we do with the images we do call dreams) it is a brilliant work, and one I wholeheartedly recommend to anyone with an interest in cinema.

That settles it. I'm definitely putting beer in the fridge and looking for a sketchy streaming service that might have it.

The thing with streaming services, is that if Criterion Channel ever launches here, omgfridge and I are pretty much retired. Not just from the Sweet FA, but from our rl jobs.

Mulholland Drive is a movie that I wouldn't say I enjoyed it while I watched it (well, there was a certain scene with Naomi Watts and Laura Harring I enjoyed immensely), but as soon as it stopped I thought about it. A lot. It's very rare for a film to have that effect upon me. So, while I wouldn't say it is an easy film to watch or an enjoyable one, I will say that due to making the viewer an active character (in the sense of interpreting the dream like structure to impose a sense of order upon it, the way we do with the images we do call dreams) it is a brilliant work, and one I wholeheartedly recommend to anyone with an interest in cinema.
It came out at a time when people in Hollywood were making a lot of fairly average films. Not that there were not good films going around during that early 2000s period, but it wasn't until about 5 or 6 years later Hollywood filmmaking got out of a bit of a rut as a residual effect of the blockbuster system of planning.

That settles it. I'm definitely putting beer in the fridge and looking for a sketchy streaming service that might have it.
Having some of the luxuries Amsterdam has to offer while watching Lynch films sounds like an appealing evening.

Think I saw some David Lynch like imagery myself while in Vondelpark after a long session at the coffee shop.

Be interesting what you make of Blue Velvet then. Both similar and not similar at the same time. Probably due a rewatch myself.

And spot on with Mulholland staying in your thoughts. Any film that does that is an instant gem for me.

Inland Empire is a wild ride too.

The thing with streaming services, is that if Criterion Channel ever launches here, omgfridge and I are pretty much retired. Not just from the Sweet FA, but from our rl jobs.
Noone would ever see me again. Ive been buying a few criterion editions of films you cant get in Aus.

What Id do to be in one of their criterion closet videos. Closest thing to actual heaven.

Having some of the luxuries Amsterdam has to offer while watching Lynch films sounds like an appealing evening.

Think I saw some David Lynch like imagery myself while in Vondelpark after a long session at the coffee shop.
Is this what you saw?

Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 15.30.12.png

omgfridge I'm gonna watch Blue Velvet tonight. I've never seen it before, but I can't imagine it'll be as exhausting as Mulholland Drive.

Mulholland Drive is one of my favourite movies of all time, so eclectic.

I slightly prefer Lost Highway though, it's a bit simpler and darker but very intense.

How the hell have I not heard of Blue Velvet before? Sounds like my kind of movie.

Cheers, that's added to the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mulholland Drive is one of my favourite movies of all time, so eclectic.

I slightly prefer Lost Highway though, it's a bit simpler and darker but very intense.
Love Lost Highway too.

And for a totally different vibe - Wild at Heart. Crazy Cage in a snakes skin jacket. Perfection.

Eraserhead is pretty good. Very spiritual. It’s like if a surrealist Georges Méliès existed in 1977
Have a copy of this still hidden away in my garage somewhere

Moon Landing Wtf GIF by Arrow Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 6 - Fighting Furies v Dragons FFC @ rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back