Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 6 - Sin City Swamprats v Roys FFC @ Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

You were warned.
Fun fact I haven’t shared.

The mighty Demons, my initial club and a club where I am a hall of Famer, offered me a place this season. I considered it. They said they couldn’t guarantee FF.

I turned them down. For 2 reasons.

1) I was loving the Rats and had no need to recharge
2) I was the Rats’ full forward, having worked hard to earn that position. And on the horizon for this season we’re two incredible milestones - 1000 goals and, later, the ALL TIME GOAL SCORING RECORD.

It should be a season of celebration. I CHOSE to be loyal, for a rare time in my career, and I CHOSE the Swaprats to be the place that I achieve these remarkable things.

Full forward is where I belong. It makes me a better poster. It works with my egotistical persona.

Those move, particularly rubbing it in with a CHB position, has left a sour taste in my mouth.

I’m still confident I can work my way back to where I belong, and I’ll try. But if this continues, I see my posting dropping off and the disenfranchised okeydoke7 vanishing to make another club relevant, watching the Rats languish at the bottom of the relevance rankings once more.

I’m disappointed in you. In Phil. And in the Swamprats.

But I still have the fire to make things right and get back to my goal kicking ways.

Fun fact I haven’t shared.

The mighty Demons, my initial club and a club where I am a hall of Famer, offered me a place this season. I considered it. They said they couldn’t guarantee FF.

I turned them down. For 2 reasons.

1) I was loving the Rats and had no need to recharge
2) I was the Rats’ full forward, having worked hard to earn that position. And on the horizon for this season we’re two incredible milestones - 1000 goals and, later, the ALL TIME GOAL SCORING RECORD.

It should be a season of celebration. I CHOSE to be loyal, for a rare time in my career, and I CHOSE the Swaprats to be the place that I achieve these remarkable things.

Full forward is where I belong. It makes me a better poster. It works with my egotistical persona.

Those move, particularly rubbing it in with a CHB position, has left a sour taste in my mouth.

I’m still confident I can work my way back to where I belong, and I’ll try. But if this continues, I see my posting dropping off and the disenfranchised okeydoke7 vanishing to make another club relevant, watching the Rats languish at the bottom of the relevance rankings once more.

I’m disappointed in you. In Phil. And in the Swamprats.

But I still have the fire to make things right and get back to my goal kicking ways.
Mate, are you a team player? We need our best where it is needed. Did you see how much we got scored against last week?

Mate, are you a team player? We need our best where it is needed. Did you see how much we got scored against last week?
Team success comes first, not individual milestones - apart from me winning the Fred Medal :).

Absolutely 💯 percent mate.

Gil really has overstayed his welcome
Everyone in this mortal world gives me heaps of pleasure - some as they arrive, and others as they leave. Guess which category Gil falls into.

Everyone in this mortal world gives me heaps of pleasure - some as they arrive, and others as they leave. Guess which category Gil falls into.

The same as Cuddly Ken (Hinkley)

Except Ken's never leaving Alberton :)

Ken's never leaving Alberton :)
Game Show Wow GIF by ABC Network

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Underground Stadium sounds scary :eek:
Channel your fear into a dazzling display of forward pocket wizardry Mrs Eddie. I’m sensing a 5 goal haul from you this week 🙂

You need to descend down a ladder to get there.

Which has been our exact trajectory the past couple of seasons.

jackster83 I reckon we need a new home ground.

Doesn't necessarily mean much - the Bears play at The Stadium in the Sky, but they keep missing the 8.

You'll be fine. Please refer to the visitor's guide to the Underground.

(1) Don't drink the water.
(2) Don't buy merchandise from Ant Bear.
(3) Be aware that the fire alarms are in fact only painted on.
(4) Don't drink the water
(5) The ground floor "Players' Bar" has great happy hour specials.
(6) Refer to point (4)

Well we could return to Alberton.

Would save me a few dollars in rickshaw fares too.

Just stepped foot outside the house for work related activities for what feels like the first time since 1988. It’s a dinner and not really work but I’m counting it 🤷🏻‍♂️
This should be fun, how long is the cord on your 'new' phone?

phone GIF

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 6 - Sin City Swamprats v Roys FFC @ Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back