Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 6 - Sin City Swamprats v Roys FFC @ Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I have decided that if Carlton beat the Swans tomorrow night, I will have a Mint Drumstick or some other kind of mint ice cream to celebrate ..
Will probably be so drunk by then that I can barely taste the Mint afterwards anyway :)

Anticipation Popcorn GIF
Special Training Squad

I have decided that if Carlton beat the Swans tomorrow night, I will have a Mint Drumstick or some other kind of mint ice cream to celebrate ..
Will probably be so drunk by then that I can barely taste the Mint afterwards anyway :)
Choc Chip Mint - beachfront at Noosa - looking good! My shout if Carlton fluke a win!

1694066493603.png

You need to descend down a ladder to get there.

Which has been our exact trajectory the past couple of seasons.

jackster83 I reckon we need a new home ground.
I'm reading the Russian's rocket technology might find y'all a nice new planet!

tigs2010 tagged me into a thread on the Richmond board that clearly said “No opposition supporters” and being the fine upstanding bigfooty citizen I am, I carefully checked the thread title and obeyed board rules recklessly forged ahead and posted without realising 🤦🏻‍♂️ Silly me thought it was our match thread.

It’s all that troublemaker tigs fault

angry season 6 GIF

tigs2010 tagged me into a thread on the Richmond board that clearly said “No opposition supporters” and being the fine upstanding bigfooty citizen I am, I carefully checked the thread title and obeyed board rules recklessly forged ahead and posted without realising 🤦🏻‍♂️ Silly me thought it was our match thread.

It’s all that troublemaker tigs fault

angry season 6 GIF
Can mods get red carded?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roys and Rats,

jackster83 and I have the honour (even if he doesn't know it yet) to announce that this weeks game between the clubs is played in memory of FattyLumpkin.

A pioneer of the SFA, Fatty played 182 games over 12 seasons with the Roys and was a member of the S4 premiership team. Fatty captained the Roys, led it's goalkicking and was an all round champion Roy. He swapped the Maroon and Gorilla for the Swampies where he also won All-SFA selection in S9. He swapped back to the Roys, and eventually retired in Season 16. Fatty was a staple player for the Roys, prolific, humourous and easy to befriend.

Some of the older players in the league will know the name, although he may be a mystery and an enigma to many of the newer arrivals.

View attachment 1795949

And while the stats don't tell the whole story, Captains of the Roys and the Swamprats, both past and present - remember Fatty as a true gentleman of the game, who embraced and sculptured the essence of the SFA.

Vale FattyLumpkin. Very friendly bloke both on and off the fantasy footy field. A champion Roy from the golden era, and a major building block of the Roys history. And A Swampie who burned bright in his short time for the Rats.

He is missed and will continue to be missed.

In an era when too many clubs play the man and only care about tearing people down, we ask all who play in the game this week to participate in the spirit of fun, friendship and fair play that is Fatty Lumpkin's legacy.

At the end of the week, each club will award their own version of the FattyLumpkin medal to the opposition player who best represents the qualities of the great man !!

So banter hard and banter responsibly - because just acting like a dick, isn't actually banter at all...

_Mike_ , JackNah_8 , Barrels , tigs2010 , Roylion , Sterge , RU_ , Kabanna , windyhill , Allikat , Elmer_Judd , Mooch , fitzroybowiedog , Zevon , royboy2 , Aristotle Pickett , 3KZ is Football , Beandip , Chezzalenko Reborn , DERRINALPHIL , Ed_Gein , Phar Ace , Mobbs , MrsEddieBetts , Pure Grunt
Always a special game, because of a special bloke.

Regardless of tomorrow night's result, I still think that Michael Voss deserves a bit of credit for becoming the first coach since James Hird to get Carlton into the finals.

They know, they probably mix them together
Ugh. Mixing them together would be worse than that time somebody split atomic nucleii and then used the resultant reaction as a weapon. Am I right Elmer_Judd

nuclear explosion GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 6 - Sin City Swamprats v Roys FFC @ Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back