Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 7 - Dragons FFC v Gumbies FFC @ Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I'd get into the Dragon's spirit circa S30, but with Bob Dylan's version which is far more overt with it's political undertone than Rebecca Black who masterfully uses over the top pop sounds to demonstrate the youth trying to block out the fear of the era.

Really sums up the angst in America in the 60's trying to navigate the changing landscape of civil rights movement and the fear of the Russian invasion but wanting to just live their lives.

it really was Friday, and in some ways it is Friday right now.

I just stumbled across this, and something I never knew I needed to see.
Harry Potter rapping and being really good. Who knew

Harry Potter is a fictional character, Goose. Much like a competent West Tigers CEO*.

*says the St George-Illawarra fan.

This is a made-up word.
All words are made up.
Boots Riley Mic Drop GIF by Sorry To Bother You

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will readily admit that I don't have a 200+ IQ

You got me
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Dragons FFC. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical poster's head. There's also Greenery's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The Dragons understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Dragons truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in T2B_'s existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Supersuns' genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Dragons tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid. 😎

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Dragons FFC. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical poster's head. There's also Greenery's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The Dragons understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Dragons truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in T2B_'s existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Supersuns' genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Dragons tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid. 😎
T2B_ if you insist on copying ST, copy this sort of stuff.

This was well crafted and a joy to read

Well obviously I needed assistance with the big words, but enjoyable nonetheless

And I really do want to see that tattoo
tumblr_5b8d902832f9673ee91ea5058b73fe52_fe59746b_500.gif

Harry Potter is a fictional character, Goose. Much like a competent West Tigers CEO*.

*says the St George-Illawarra fan.
Tis not!
I've read about all his exploits in a book and actually think his tricks are heaps better than that guy from Nazareth in that other book.

Also Pasco is the worse CEO on the planet. I didn't like him as a slimy ladder climbing marketing guy at Penrith and I hate him as an incompetent political backstabbing CEO at the Tigers.

Side note, the Panthers marketing team has produced a number of Sports organisations CEO's with Pasco and Shaun Mielekemp being polar opposites both being in the team at the same time and moving to their current roles. I went to school with Shaun and couldn't be more happy with every thing he has done at first the Wanderers and now Central Coast.

I see the Easter eggs you've snuck in here. Well done!

If you can do that, why do you do, you know, you?
There's two types of posters in Sweet. Those who try, and those that do not. Guess which one I am.

There's two types of posters in Sweet. Those who try, and those that do not. Guess which one I am.
it seems like you try hard or at least you are a try hard (is that still a sledge for the youngins these days, it's hard to keep up with the lexicon of the day)

At the Gumbies we have a third type- those who avoid the captaincy. Guess which GWS Goose is?

I just went and checked the Dragons team sheet to see which poor soul (poor Ljp86 #1like1prayer) I was going to go all LA Cops on, figuratively of course, Im not going to club a Dragon with a night stick or anything , but I noticed that there are a number of Dragons, I did really know were Dragons.
I found out this week that Greenery was now here, but I had no idea that Ligma and Supersuns were also Dragons.

Firstly, where are you guys, and secondly, Why? Not even Chat Pile hates himself enough to become a dragon. A bear yes, but not a dragon.

At the Gumbies we have a third type- those who avoid the captaincy. Guess which GWS Goose is?
Running from the captaincy (and responsibility in general) is how I get fit for marathons, it'd been a few days since I reminded people i run marathons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 7 - Dragons FFC v Gumbies FFC @ Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back