Event Season 37 Beez Trophy Presentation Night - The Other Night from 8pm, now with less big_icky

Remove this Banner Ad

For sure. I even find myself reading stuff from old seasons from time to time.

Good media results in more good media.
YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM TROLL LIKING POSTS FROM 10 YEARS AGO.

And also I do hope more posters venture into the media landscape next season because I personally think it's really fun when there's heaps of ideas bouncing around the board outside of the match threads. I always enjoy reading what other people have to say even about the most mundane stuff, like Pugsley firing off his fifth stream of consciousness thread of the season.

Looking forward to launching 'Whats Buggin Duggan' next season.

Plot:
Host Duggan speaks about what's Buggin him in the world of the SFA.

Spoiler:
He won't do it because he's shit.

You were so keen to get this question out and have me answer with "oh, you, okey!" that you didn't even finish the question!
I missed an s. You’re missing a head. I win.

Also, thank you. I know I was the best there was.

I was barely around this season but my ‘fold the furies’ and ‘don’t award an EKA’ threads were great fun. Without raising a sweat.

Looking forward to launching 'Whats Buggin Duggan' next season.

Plot:
Host Duggan speaks about what's Buggin him in the world of the SFA.

Happy Lets Go GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Spoiler:
He won't do it because he's shit.

Angry Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Who is the best you’ve seen?

I know you're probably fishing, but from my personal point of view.

For hard hitting exposès: yourself

For lighthearted stuff that gets others involved: brahj

And of course, I can't leave out Danoz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2029335

Oh hi everyone, D-grade internet personality Tonga Bob here to break up the cadence of Sweet’s night of nights with a spring in my step, a song in my heart and another imaginary award in my sky rocket to give to a deserving winner. I use the term winner with my tongue firmly in my cheek however, as winning this award is like winning a beauty contest in prison – you won but before too long you’re receiving unsolicited suitors who are two metres tall, weigh 120 kg and are feeling romantical.

That’s right kids, it’s the return of the Le Grille-gym4life Award for its ninth attempt at relevance.

“What is the Le Grille-gym4life Award, Bob?” I hear you think. Well my uneducated friend, it was something that NaturalDisaster concocted back in season 27 with the purpose of giving to those who wouldn’t normally be on the receiving end of anything like awards, or recognition, or any attention whatsoever. For this is the award given to the ungiveable. To quote from the eligibility criteria: “It's the award for people to both have a match thread posting average at least 25 per week and have received zero points from the beez voting community.”

It's named after two SFA posters of yore who were experts at talking into the void – Le Grille who went voteless in season 23 despite averaging more than 100 posts a week and gym4life who had zero votes in season 26 despite having an active season.

The inaugural winner was cooney in season 27, nobody was crap enough in season 28 to give it to, season 29 saw it shelved before the shelf fell the following season like a pinata, spreading joy across Sweet for each season since after some percussive encouragement. The winners from season 30 onwards have been Matt_352, Cap, Rioli8217, CatToTheFuture, Soggy2112, kickthething and finally dogs105 last season.

This is all well and good, but surely there's something in it for the winners apart from niche online infamy? Well sure there is, it wouldn't be a shonky online award without a shonky online trophy. And the winner of the Le Grille-gym4life Award picks up an absolute stonker - The Golden Shittruck!

I’m sure it won’t come as a surprise to any of you when I say that things have been a bit flat this season [pauses for faux outrage] well it has. And as a result we only have four people eligible for the LeGrille-gym4life Award this season, down a whopping 50% from this time last season. But what they lack in numbers they make up for in stature – the eligible four contain a club vice captain, two LG members and a former admin. In fact the top ten includes two VC’s, six LG members and a former admin. Crazy stuff! But enough of that, let’s get to the results.

I’ll come right out and say it straight off the bat – despite the firm favouritism from big_icky, kenneyswarriors did not qualify due to receiving at least one (1) beez vote. Don’t worry, this is actually a good thing!

In the moral podium position for season 37 with 26.3 posts per week is BloodySwan from the Sin Citizens who wouldn’t give a rat’s clacker about beez votes if the team he’s 2IC of salutes on the weekend.

In third position with 30.2 PPW is the person voted ‘Most Likely To Abduct A Student In The Boot Of Their Car’ at Tully HS for seven years running, it’s the one and only grumbleguts from the Gold City Royals.

And then there were two.

The runner up is somebody who has won everything there is to win in the SFA. Except for a Golden Shittruck. Only one of two people to have done the Mobbs-beez quinella in the same season (the other one will shock you), it seems a resurgence in activity this season flew under the proverbial radar as an average of 33.4 PPW was enough to give former admin Ant Bear second place in this season’s Le Grille-gym4life Award.

Which leaves this season’s winner. Whether they’re actually retiring or have just changed names, our winner this season is going above and beyond posting without troubling beez voters which is completely fine if you’re in it solely for your own amusement. And hey, who doesn’t love a bit of respawning? So with 37.3 posts per week I give to you the winner of the Le Grille-gym4life Award for season 37, the East Side Hawks’ former Milera2Betts2Rankine2Rachele - Tadpole! Mazel tov Taddie, here's your miniature novelty Golden Shittruck trophy!

View attachment 2029338
Well colour me shocked. After too many seasons to count, I finally win a league wide award. I’m not sure it trumps the two Larrikin Awards I won for the East Side Hawks in the team based awards nights over the years, but it’s up there. I’m not sure whether to be proud or horrified with this trophy, so for now I’ll just shove it on a back shelf somewhere in my secret Tadpole hideout until I decide how I feel about it. I never really cared too much about awards or being noticed, preferring to let my Qootball skillz do the talking. Unfortunately they were never much chop either - but I prefer sausages anyway.

Surprised by hitting anything higher than 20th. Also genuinely surprised about that oppo captain award. Thanks to those who misguidedly think that highly of me.

And as the new meme goes:
Thanks for all you do, Falconista ! Great season of giving

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know you're probably fishing, but from my personal point of view.

For hard hitting exposès: yourself

For lighthearted stuff that gets others involved: brahj

And of course, I can't leave out Danoz
And for game related analysis, Broken and Eth for mine.

Well done Falconista on a well deserved Beez. Well done too ClarkeM for the way you’ve handled the admin job keeping this shitshow running smoothly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back