Official Match Thread Season 37, Grand Final - Sin City Swamprats v Ophidian Old Boys at SFA Park

Who will win the Season 37 Sweet FA Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks ClarkeM and all the Rats... been a BIG and fun and very busy week.
And you all played well in what was often a close game!

We love you Wiggy
Elton Johns Wig #doitforelton

Now lets go Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtty!

damicky

Movie Laughing GIF by Star Wars

revenge of the nerds GIF

Bad luck Swampies thanks for a great week, you're always a team we like to play as you play fair and hard, with your new rookies you are going to give the matchthreads a fair shake next season.

Don't mind me... just sneaking into the OOB after match party function....

f47034cc473d875af44ee763d8b21e74.gif
**** it! Gold passes for everyone!

You get a fluffy towel!

And you get a fluffy towel!

And even you… over there gets a fluffy ****ing towel! 🤩🤩🤩

Massive shout out to Tigerturbulance who made the expansion dream possible. If he didn’t have a dream when nobody else thought expansion could be accomplished, this never would have happened.

Old Boys are now the winningest club of all time.

Grit, determination and spunk are what wins premierships.

We waited a long time for this feeling again but my god was it worth it.

Thanks all for a fun night, the game lived up to the hype and it was a pleasure to post.
I don’t quite understand the Sim, but I appreciate all the effort you guys have put into it - thanks again

Agreed. Should be a staple, bring back Sunday night games!! It's arguably the most active time people are on so better to tune in while a game is live than read the results from a 3pm game. Understanding completely the posters are volunteers of course and deserve to post to a time that suits them.
totally agree with night games,
myself and Mrs Turbo were playing in a club championship match today in RL and we thought we would miss the GF (we won), getting home and actually partake in the GF and winning has lifted our night to another level :hearteyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking about yourself rather than thanking your team-mates for covering your ass?

Fitting that our final duel ends as it started, with me being a raging hypocrite.

myblueroan with the best rookie season of all time.

EKA
Deestroy Medal
Premiership winner

Goosebumps. Just goes to show that if you’re patient, eventually success will come.

inb4 she leaves the league after next season, never to be heard from again.

Congratulations Old Boys on a fantastic season.

May you be gracious and humble in victory.

Episode 17 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons
Mmm. We do have a fair few Carlton supporters, so....
Yeah.

Thanks all for a fun night, the game lived up to the hype and it was a pleasure to post.
Thanks to you and the team for a great post.

So, it ends.

Congratulations to Tigerturbulance and the Ophidian Old Boys on the S37 Premiership. Best team I played this season, really good posting group with a strong club identity. Shows that expansion was needed all along, we just need to even up numbers to avoid byes

Thanks to ClarkeM and the simmer, whomever it was, and too the simming/posting group. I know more than most how much you sacrifice to make this place run.

More than anything, the result is second to the fantastic, fabulous week I have had - it has restored my love of the Sweet FA. Thread was in the right spirit, and full of laughs and fantasy.

Thanks to the jackster83 and the LG of the Swamprats, kept the culture of this club strong.

Back